Views on this bike ppl :) please

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking at getting a cheap bike, and seen this new for under £1k !

SKYJET 125cc ST125/26 STREET FIGHTER ,BRAND NEW BIKE on eBay (end time 30-May-10 21:27:21 BST)

What do you guys think, from what I gather they are a Chinese rep of the CBR 125.... but seem very popular.

Ideal to start off on, can get 3ptt for £269 and FC for £329....

EDIT: Just been told that one is sold,

been offered this one for £1000 all in...inc delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKYJET-125cc-ST125-BRAND-NEW-BIKE-/280501452000

:)

Cheers

Last edited:
looks ok mate cheap as chips and got crap reviews,people are saying steer clear of em,the good review i see was obviously the man who imports em

Last edited:
owned a Japanese bike once, it was the worse experience I ever had! for many reasons...

1. can't find part anywhere, and if you do is expensive
2. bike starts to fall apart after 6 months
3. you will never sell it again!

Cheap and nasty buy a second hand honda you wont regret it, just take someone who knows about bikes with you.

i had a suzuki ts 100 trial bike a few years ago great bike no trouble at all.

Looking at CBR 125 R now :)

Or my original choice of YZF 125 R, they are just a bit out my price range :( and cant get finance ! even though I have £1400~ coming in a month, they will only count £300 p/m income as student money is not counted FFS lol

Yea could save but need it in the next 4-6 weeks ! grrr lol

Both new are around £3k. Dont want used as want the warranty that comes with a new bike, and none of the possible hidden problems of a used one...

:)

the first bikes warranty is crap

3 MONTHS PARTS ONLY WARRANTY AS STANDARD ,WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER SHIPPING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH REPAIRS

the first bikes warranty is crap

3 MONTHS PARTS ONLY WARRANTY AS STANDARD ,WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER SHIPPING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH REPAIRS

Yea I agree, As far as I know on a brand new item they have to give you a min 12 months warranty regardless of what they say.... I think lol

The second one for £1k all in, includes a 3 year warranty in with the price... reading around I cant find much on these bikes now, can find lots of spares though :s

I have the big brother of the yam a R6, best thing I have ever bought !:banana:
beg borrow steal get the yam !:proud:

I have the big brother of the yam a R6, best thing I have ever bought !:banana:
beg borrow steal get the yam !:proud:

the yzf 125r hmmm lol

Only other down side to the Yamaha and Honda is the insurance is £1k as well ! :eek: yes on a lawnmower lol

The trouble with cheap chinese bikes is they look ok but the quality is not there.
My mate bought a chunlan 250, it looked great but less than 2 years later it lost third gear, and you will find it hard to find parts.

The trouble with cheap chinese bikes is they look ok but the quality is not there.
My mate bought a chunlan 250, it looked great but less than 2 years later it lost third gear, and you will find it hard to find parts.

Yea can imagine :( although there seems to be loads of parts on egay for the chinese one

Think I will try and get a known make/model if I can for reliability :)

Yea can imagine :( although there seems to be loads of parts on egay for the chinese one

Think I will try and get a known make/model if I can for reliability :)
definetely hold out for a known make, like some others have said once you need a part for it you will have trouble finding them, and if you do you'll get ripped off for the prices they charge!!!!

Just done a quote for TPTF with bennets and its just shy of £50 PM inc breakdown, legal, leather and helmet cover and personal cover....

not bad me thinks for the CBR 125R :) hmmmm :D

owned a Japanese bike once, it was the worse experience I ever had! for many reasons...

Japanese bikes have worldwide support.

You never heard of Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki?

1. can't find part anywhere, and if you do is expensive
2. bike starts to fall apart after 6 months
3. you will never sell it again!

Do you mean chinese or japanese ?

Every japanese bike I have owned has been very reliability and no problem selling on.

I would honestly go for a second hand honda rather then some knock off. You can going to have problems selling that on.

Also I know its exciting getting your first bike but have you considered going for something like a CG125 for the first year. I know its not exciting to look at but still you can beat cars off the lights, safe handling and bullet proof reliability with tiny running costs. You can ride it closer to its limit and get some good fun out of it without putting yourself in as much danger. Cheaper to buy, run, insurance and when you crash it, it won't feel so bad. Build up your experiance and insurance then next year go out and get yourself something more exciting.

I would honestly go for a second hand honda rather then some knock off. You can going to have problems selling that on.

Also I know its exciting getting your first bike but have you considered going for something like a CG125 for the first year. I know its not exciting to look at but still you can beat cars off the lights, safe handling and bullet proof reliability with tiny running costs. You can ride it closer to its limit and get some good fun out of it without putting yourself in as much danger. Cheaper to buy, run, insurance and when you crash it, it won't feel so bad. Build up your experiance and insurance then next year go out and get yourself something more exciting.

Yea deffo think I am going to go for a known make :)

been looking at these now

2010 HONDA CBF125 - Motorcycles for sale

CBF 125, as the CBR is a little too small for me... felt stupid on it lol !!! Need a CBR600 for size really :eek:

Insurance on the cbf is only £30pm :eek: how mad is that lol

Yamaha DT125, first real bike I ever played on. :)

Back