Views on this bike ppl :) please

Just done a quote for TPTF with bennets and its just shy of £50 PM inc breakdown, legal, leather and helmet cover and personal cover....

not bad me thinks for the CBR 125R :) hmmmm :D

I pay £120 a year fully comp on a Honda xl125v varadero mate through bennets thats aged 42 with 2ncb on provisional .

Stay well away from Chinese imports, even the guy in a bike shop that sold them said they are shite.
brakes drop off litarally. clutch goes after 6months even though they are supposed to be Suzuki engines the rest is cheap crap.
take a look at the Honda xlv Varadero it looks huge and everyone thinks its atleast a 600.

I pay £120 a year fully comp on a Honda xl125v varadero mate through bennets thats aged 42 with 2ncb on provisional .

Stay well away from Chinese imports, even the guy in a bike shop that sold them said they are shite.
brakes drop off litarally. clutch goes after 6months even though they are supposed to be Suzuki engines the rest is cheap crap.
take a look at the Honda xlv Varadero it looks huge and everyone thinks its atleast a 600.

That Varadero dont look to bad tbh, I like the bigger tyres on it than the other models.... the cbr looked like cycle tyres lol !

They are excellent bikes mate 200miles to a tank, will sit at 65ish all day( im 14 n half stone)
I'm 5'11 and can just plant both feet down.
V twin engine looks huge.
strong as fook, mine got thrown up the road while sat at a red light and some knob in a van pulling a mini digger rear ended me, new handle bars and a fairing side, rear light and was good as new.
Wished i had a fiver for everytime some said "thats never a 125" the thing would have paid for itself twice over lol

Yea deffo think I am going to go for a known make :)

been looking at these now

2010 HONDA CBF125 - Motorcycles for sale

CBF 125, as the CBR is a little too small for me... felt stupid on it lol !!! Need a CBR600 for size really :eek:

Insurance on the cbf is only £30pm :eek: how mad is that lol

If your budget can stretch to it then CBF would be a great buy. Its effectivily the replacement to the CG125 but with fairings. The problem second hand is they are new, it only came out last year so I would think you might find difficultly in getting a example under £2k unless its been down the road or something.

If your budget can stretch to it then CBF would be a great buy. Its effectivily the replacement to the CG125 but with fairings. The problem second hand is they are new, it only came out last year so I would think you might find difficultly in getting a example under £2k unless its been down the road or something.

yea, I am going to try and get a new CBF I think :) they come in at around £2500 ish new so not too bad.

Trade in price on a mint year old one is £1200 :eek: according to a local dealer

Not sure though on one thing, I think they look a bit... I dunno, Bald lol looking at them from the front at an angle... as though someone is missing... obv some fairing :(

yea, I am going to try and get a new CBF I think :) they come in at around £2500 ish new so not too bad.

Trade in price on a mint year old one is £1200 :eek: according to a local dealer

Not sure though on one thing, I think they look a bit... I dunno, Bald lol looking at them from the front at an angle... as though someone is missing... obv some fairing :(

As you saying, its only half faired so it is going to make it look a bit weird plus the tyres are going to be narrower then full on sports bike.

But either way looks like a good buy and the reviews I have seen have been great.

I'm have a ZZR 1100 if you fancy something with a bit of grin factor :)

prey whats DACS.... ?

DAS / DACS

DAS
These courses are conducted under the same conditions. However the ratio of Students to
Instructor will never be more than 2 to 1. All of this type of instruction is carried out by our top
instructors that are either
Ex-police or serving officers. You can be assured of top training going beyond what you would
need for a test or beyond what some other training bodies could offer you!

:)

DAS / DACS

DAS
These courses are conducted under the same conditions. However the ratio of Students to
Instructor will never be more than 2 to 1. All of this type of instruction is carried out by our top
instructors that are either
Ex-police or serving officers. You can be assured of top training going beyond what you would
need for a test or beyond what some other training bodies could offer you!

Great stuff, top training from top riders !

Great stuff, top training from top riders !

Had a touch as well really on price.

The guy who runs the company is an ex police sgt, and is also training to be a nurse at a diff university to me ! LOL so will give me an extra 10% off

Also, for the direct access scheme ... if you do the DAS with them, you get your CBT for free....

He said, pay £200 deposit and do cbt... then just pay the remainder to take the DAS once done bike theory.

Sounds like a good deal to me, as well as the fact most the staff are police or ex police :)

MOTORCYCLE COURSES IN ESSEX KENT AND LONDON

Had a touch as well really on price.

The guy who runs the company is an ex police sgt, and is also training to be a nurse at a diff university to me ! LOL so will give me an extra 10% off

Also, for the direct access scheme ... if you do the DAS with them, you get your CBT for free....

He said, pay £200 deposit and do cbt... then just pay the remainder to take the DAS once done bike theory.

Sounds like a good deal to me, as well as the fact most the staff are police or ex police :)

MOTORCYCLE COURSES IN ESSEX KENT AND LONDON

yep that is a bargain bud grab it while you can, and get the dvd on hazzard, theory and practical as well.
bet you are as excited as a Fook !! lol :banana:

yep that is a bargain bud grab it while you can, and get the dvd on hazzard, theory and practical as well.
bet you are as excited as a Fook !! lol :banana:

works out about £600 or just over all in (exc theory)

Theory I am not worried about tbh, I can pass that straight off. Drive car as it is so just need to look up bike specific questions. Done a few mock bike ones online for free and passed everytime with only one or two wrong.

yea excited, just looking for the extra ££ now :(

works out about £600 or just over all in (exc theory)

Theory I am not worried about tbh, I can pass that straight off. Drive car as it is so just need to look up bike specific questions. Done a few mock bike ones online for free and passed everytime with only one or two wrong.

yea excited, just looking for the extra ££ now :(

when the examiner says "I am pleased to tell you.........." well its the best feeling in the world on clould 9 !!

Do you have a RS2000 Then ?

when the examiner says "I am pleased to tell you.........." well its the best feeling in the world on clould 9 !!

Do you have a RS2000 Then ?

Did have, sold it recently to Neorage.... just didnt have time to fix her up to get on the road for summer after standing.

Yea is a good feeling, remember my car test ! lol

Back