Decided on this

should be here on maonday setting it up on tuesday ,flashing the box,when i get it all up n running will let u no.

would have gone with a linux reciever personally

edit dont know if this reciever has linux capabilities but cant believe it has at that price

should be here on maonday setting it up on tuesday ,flashing the box,when i get it all up n running will let u no.

Cool let us know how it goes :)

Got my m8s technomate 5400+ just waiting on my Dish+moter then can begin tinkering hopefully this week !

i bought the same kit a few weeks back i thought good value.
The mistake i made was assumung the base of the bracket square to the wall which it wasnt.
use spirit level on all sides of the pole where the dish is clamped to .
that cost me 2 days.lol

good luck

i bought the same kit a few weeks back i thought good value.
The mistake i made was assumung the base of the bracket square to the wall which it wasnt.
use spirit level on all sides of the pole where the dish is clamped to .
that cost me 2 days.lol

good luck

thanx for that mate. have a tm 500 aswell?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_yhxmGlEA]YouTube - motorised satellite tv installation guide[/ame]

this vid and digis guide will come in handy for u

watched these loads now,very good short film,read what didgi has put up and asked him questions,hopefully got enough info to do this,not worried about the installation,got all the tools i need plus hired a scaffold tower to make it less hassel of putting the dish up,also got my brother n son to help :) fingers crossed,will upload soem pics when done or some of me hanging from it if it goes tits up lol.

Great youtube video but the frigging music did my head in.

Had to laugh when he said mount the pole:SSEXY::STIG:

Andy.

thanx for that mate. have a tm 500 aswell?

No i got a dream 500s just for staring and i couple of dream tuners on route,i am wanting a decen hd box but want the basics setup 1st(one chanell would do.lol).
I am away from home just now but hoping after reading more here and reading more problems on here i will get sorted.
The biggest issue i had was pole and i also snapped two of the cheap wall fixings with spanner so watch you dont over tighten as the b&q ones are mighty expensive.lol
I also ended up having to put a couple of wedges in the bottom half of the suppeort bracket to raise from wall and make flush,so really mos of my time trying to find sat was wasted.
When i get home i will have channel list loaded in so shoud be easier to pick up something :banana:

No i got a dream 500s just for staring and i couple of dream tuners on route,i am wanting a decen hd box but want the basics setup 1st(one chanell would do.lol).
I am away from home just now but hoping after reading more here and reading more problems on here i will get sorted.
The biggest issue i had was pole and i also snapped two of the cheap wall fixings with spanner so watch you dont over tighten as the b&q ones are mighty expensive.lol
I also ended up having to put a couple of wedges in the bottom half of the suppeort bracket to raise from wall and make flush,so really mos of my time trying to find sat was wasted.
When i get home i will have channel list loaded in so shoud be easier to pick up something :banana:

You know earlier when u mentioned u gotta use the spirit leveler too make sure its dead vertical, how did u make sure all sides were proper ?

I mean do u have a square bit on the end and a L shaped pole coming out like this :

2\'\' x 45cm Heavy Duty Galvanised Steel Wall Mount Sat-Shop.co.uk Online Satellite and Electronics Store from Lavatronics

Im wondering how too make sure mines gonna be dead vertical considering the poles well round, sorta hard lol if it was tk/bracket thats level guess coulda used a spirit leveler on that at least !

You know earlier when u mentioned u gotta use the spirit leveler too make sure its dead vertical, how did u make sure all sides were proper ?

I mean do u have a square bit on the end and a L shaped pole coming out like this :

2\'\' x 45cm Heavy Duty Galvanised Steel Wall Mount Sat-Shop.co.uk Online Satellite and Electronics Store from Lavatronics

Im wondering how too make sure mines gonna be dead vertical considering the poles well round, sorta hard lol if it was tk/bracket thats level guess coulda used a spirit leveler on that at least !

Thats the same bracket I have mate. My north and south side were just a tad off line due to the rough casting. But my east and west side were spot on. Luckily my dad had a wee spirit level which was handy.

Now I aint got a clue as I am new to all this, but if the sides (E,W) are level I think thats the main thing and just get the east west sides as level as possible.

I think the dish elevation would help rectify the north south facing of it.

After we fixed the side level I found the arc where as before I was having to tinker with it to get every sat and then that would knock of the previous sats

Last edited:

Thats same sort i got ,i realised after i got dead level on both sides(north,south ) that whole bracket was slightly down due to wall so i put a couple of wedges i had left from laminate florring in and got it perfect.
I i was/am having problems getting any signal wanted everything this side perfect

i used one of these mate,,,,two magnets on it came in handy

Scaffold Level 10" (250mm) - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

Thats same sort i got ,i realised after i got dead level on both sides(north,south ) that whole bracket was slightly down due to wall so i put a couple of wedges i had left from laminate florring in and got it perfect.
I i was/am having problems getting any signal wanted everything this side perfect

Cause the house has a pebble dash effect,followed your tip and used same sort of wedges:) it worx great

I think I understand so you guys sorta made sure that Square plate was sort of on a flat surface and not on an uneven surface, and u used a spirit leveler on all sides of the square plate too make sure it was dead straight and not wonky or off in any direction ?

I think I understand so you guys sorta made sure that Square plate was sort of on a flat surface and not on an uneven surface, and u used a spirit leveler on all sides of the square plate too make sure it was dead straight and not wonky or off in any direction ?

Dont concentrate on the square plate as it could have been welded off square,instead concentrate on the upright part of the "L" and you wont go wrong.

Back