video sending

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking for help and advice and knew the best place to visit!
Bottom line, I need to send video and audio over a distance of about 300 to 500 metres, but can't pay fortunes for equipment. There will need to be more than one receiver (many) but only the one transmitter.
A while back I did have details (from internet somewhere??) on producing a basic setup which transmitted signals around 1.2 or 1.3 ghz and used old analogue satellite receivers to receive signals, although there were modifications needed from off the shelf stuff. But this idea I have lost details and cannot find by surfin. Anyone else seen?
The other solution could be 2.4 ghz because this is common and cheapish, but off the shelf senders are basic 10mw and only really travel about 50 metres -ish. I understand there are laws etc but I'm not using in the uk and laws dont matter much here. However, I don't really want the whole region for miles around me seeing and picking up my signals, so nothing too mega needed.
I know the receiving ariel can be tweeked alot, which is why i'm saying from 300 metres distance because I am really lookingat nearer 500.
So can anyone suggest cheap options? any advice? any known mods for 2.4ghz out of shop stuff? What about transmitting at 10 or 11 ghz and receiving signal with sat dish and LNB, plus analogue boxes? Please help!
I can cope with electronics if someone can point me the right way.
Thanks in advance, all suggestions welcome.

LMitz

The only thing I can suggest is the 2.4 Ghz Off - Peg option, there is a member on here who is interested in amateur TV who may be able to help you (A RSGB G1) He is called Doppler Shift {Homepage }. As a G7 I tinkered with audio but not at 10 - 11 Ghz, wouldn't that be into waveguide territory and if so it would be very directional causing coverage problems.

Anyway, nice to see you are still here. :)

Thanks for advice Spectre. As you see my reply is very delayed. I am still around and still here but just not as regular as I would like to be. I do not have phone line here so just keep up to date once a week or so. But I'll always be around on the best forum on the net!
Thanks again:)
L

i love projects like this.... but i can tell you just by looking at the specs that you need ... it will be a very large project if you was to make the stuff on your own, it would need a gr8 deal of planing and you would have to make sure your skills was up to it because of the interferance you could cause if you made a few mistakes.

i know i made a transmitter for FM and had my house raided by the DTI back when i was a chavy lol, but they guy told me if i never made somuch interferance to the peoples TV in my area they would not have bothered with me.

so i got help from the top engineer at my old company london communications he made a super diagram for me and i also modified an old filter to run at 106.8 and run the station for 2 years on and off with out a problem ;)

sorry for my story i was getting a bit nostalgic lol.

back to your post :)

right i did see on a electronics site b4 (about a year back) a modified scart sender that could transmit about 400 meters i think it was very far and i was thinking about making it because my brother only lives about 200 meters from my house and he had sat and we never i wanted to watch the fottie at the same time :)

cant remember the site but it was not a big project maybe a few extra stages in the sender ????

Looks all good, an extension of HA (lard a$$ing as mickie calls it).
I will par take in a bit of lookage around

Thanks Mickie & Mairyhinge. The idea of modding a scart sender is apealing and hopefully straight forward. As you say Mickie it's kinda turning into a big job and maybe beyond me by myself. I have rigged up modified sender on vhf, around 195 mhz -ish and its ok and working up to about 250 meters. Good thing on this setup is that I don't need seperate receivers because tv's can tune into direct. But picture not great so would like other options.
Anyway, I also have seen good sites previously, but you can never find them when you want them. For now I am spending time on Amatuer TV equipment as suggested by Spectre, so see how I get on.
Thanks again peeple

Back