Bitcoin

avid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So a friend of a friend bought 600 Bitcoin about ten years ago as he needed Bitcoin to make a purchase. He used 300 and left 300 backed up on a server. He has the server but the server needs the data recovering as there is a issue with it but also he can’t remember the key to get into wallet.
His question is it worth recovering the data on the server or is pointless as he can’t remember the key to access the wallet.
I know @bilabonic knows a bit about cryptocurrency but if anyone has some advice then please do reply.

The keys I thought was like 20+ words?
I am not sure how it worked 10 years ago to be fair. Wish him well as he’s a millionaire if he works it out.

the hypnotist is a cracking idea

I know he didn’t pay much for them back then but knowing how much they are worth now must be like owing a chest full of gold at the bottom of the ocean. 🙄

yes he will need the recovery words to recovery wallet. but if he does recover data on server and wallet is there he will need password to access it, if he set one up
personally i would try and recover server data maybe password might come back to him one day with luck

You need the nemonic to recover it, if you don't have the wallet password. It could be cracked, but the computing power required would be quantum level stuff i'd imagine.

300 bitcoins is likely worth trying though, although it is a massive longshot tbf. Always write down the nemonic and keep it safe. Store it in a password manager, and just backup the file.

So a friend of a friend bought 600 Bitcoin about ten years ago as he needed Bitcoin to make a purchase. He used 300 and left 300 backed up on a server. He has the server but the server needs the data recovering as there is a issue with it but also he can’t remember the key to get into wallet.
His question is it worth recovering the data on the server or is pointless as he can’t remember the key to access the wallet.
I know @bilabonic knows a bit about cryptocurrency but if anyone has some advice then please do reply.

He needs access to the private keys, the coins are probably still there on the Blockchain, we are talking around £7.8 Million pound here!!!

I sold 320 BTC @ £170 in the early days myself.

Tell him to post on here and offer a £3 million reward to retrieve them. 😂

Bitcoin Forum - Index

Maybe cheaper to Build a Time Mashine and get back in time just before he made the password :D

Yea thats how Mr. Tesla will make more Money
looks like i next Days the Price will Grow for BTC

He needs access to the private keys, the coins are probably still there on the Blockchain, we are talking around £7.8 Million pound here!!!

I sold 320 BTC @ £170 in the early days myself.

Tell him to post on here and offer a £3 million reward to retrieve them. 😂

Bitcoin Forum - Index
You did well. Seem to recall reading that the 1st bitcoin transaction for goods was some guy ordered a couple of pizzas for 10,000 Bitcoins.

Back