Viark-Starsat Box Discussion

No sorry for confusion, I was looking in box for Viark wifi dongle, didn't have one. But found one from Technomate but it didn't work on Viark.
Those attachments posted are they updates for Viark?

No sorry for confusion, I was looking in box for Viark wifi dongle, didn't have one. But found one from Technomate but it didn't work on Viark.
Those attachments posted are they updates for Viark?
Yes updates, the viark is supplied with WiFi dongle so not sure where that's gone, also have several usb WiFi that work on the TM5402 and in the viark

New update for V8 UHD:

08/11/2023
Change log:
1. Fix Lan cable issue.
2. Fix the other issues.
Mars V8UHD_V1.10.8734_08112023.zip

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Hi all,
I'm about to turn on my Viark 4k for the first time. I've been reading forums but I'm still confused as to how to proceed.
Firstly, do I need to somehow register my Viark 4k (if so where will I find my stb number?) and where and how do I register?
Secondly, do I install to latest firmware (where willl I find it?) via usb (fat 32?) and will I need to rename the file, if so, what to?
I'm sure more questions will follow.....
But for now, thanks.

.... also, is there any funtional difference between front and rear usb sockets?
And, with a new Viark 4k do I get a subscription period of sorts? (how long?)

Have a look at this mate. With the sat 4k you get 3 years subscription to a general basic server. If you want to watch the sky channels then you upgrade your sub to sp1 but you lose one years of the sub. So therefore you would get 2 years.
The rear usb is usb3 the one on the front is usb 2.#.

Attachments

• viarkhowto-rev1.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
Thanks for quick reply. Unfortunately, I can't open the pdf yet (not enough posts made. I think I need five (this being number three)).
What is a "general basic server"? Maybe it says in the pdf....time will tell.

To be honest mate I'm not exactly sure what all the packages are. Do you have a motorised set up or a fixed dish. Which satellite position.

I have a motor run by a TM 5402. This is going to be running off one of the lnb outputs on the quad black ultra. I mostly interested in the 16e stuff, digitalb and supersport. Really speaking, anything in addition to that is a bonus.

With a motorised dish mate the belt is your oyster. You just need to update the software to pt1.18 i think it is. Scan the channels in on 16e and start watching. Its only if you want the sky channels on 28.2, 19.2 and 13e that you need to update to sp1.

Struggling to find pt1.18. Perhaps it's because I'm just (now) up to five posts and that's what I need to access "downloads". Or can anyone give me a link to pt1.18?

Struggling to find pt1.18. Perhaps it's because I'm just (now) up to five posts and that's what I need to access "downloads". Or can anyone give me a link to pt1.18?
24hr wait after your 5th post for your download privledges to becoame active.

Download @kegnkiwi guide its complete follow it very closley and you wont have any issues.

Yours is a new box come with 3 years once converted as per the guide its reduced to 2 years.

I'm missing something (not the first time that's been said). I installed pt1.18 (it said its an an "update to 1.43" in the post. Is there something needs to be install before pt1.18?)
Upshot is, nothing clears on 16e (all I've tried so far), other than fta stuff. Shouldn't it be clearing digitalb content?
In the menu, in 'information' >software version, it reads as though pt1.18 is there, but it had a "*" after the 1.18. Does that indicate a problem?
Not looking for sp1 or sp2 as digitalb and a few others will sufice.
Any thoughts as to why I'm not clearing?

Try turn the box off and then back on, in the channel list do any channels show as yellow. I think in the menu system there is also a PT connection on/off. I am at work so trying to remember.

I'm missing something (not the first time that's been said). I installed pt1.18 (it said its an an "update to 1.43" in the post. Is there something needs to be install before pt1.18?)
Upshot is, nothing clears on 16e (all I've tried so far), other than fta stuff. Shouldn't it be clearing digitalb content?
In the menu, in 'information' >software version, it reads as though pt1.18 is there, but it had a "*" after the 1.18. Does that indicate a problem?
Not looking for sp1 or sp2 as digitalb and a few others will sufice.
Any thoughts as to why I'm not clearing?
Internet connected ok? Does it say pt connected

Nothing that says "pt connected". Though under 'Date expired" it says ' Disconnected'. Could that be it?
I'll check to see if the rj45 is snug.

Back