Viark-Starsat Box Discussion

I've not plugged my box in for that long I've forgot how it works, might be worth another look then.

Yeah I think thats the one I have, android based thing. Presume its easy enough to upgrade?

Yeah I think thats the one I have, android based thing. Presume its easy enough to upgrade?
Firmware

Download

Menu-setting option
Update -USB or micro SD card click on OK on the remote
Select the Firmware on the USB or SD card and press OK
Ignore the warning message, andclick YES.
Once we have clicked YES, the DRS2 will restart, it takes a while to update, once the process is finished , the DRS will restart, showing the viark logo, configure it, put our language, install a channel list, or do a channel search.

Up-20-02-2023-Channel-list-All 55East to 34.5West-for-Viark Droi 4K + Viark Drs2 4k-BY-FENEKI

Channel list works on latest firmware

Up All 13East Sky Italia bouquet fully updated HD + SD channels on Sky Italia working with Forever with either SP1 or SP2

+ All Satellites channels and packages bouquets fully updated

Channel list on USALS > use it for CS/forever + keys + FTA from 55East to 34.5West that I can receive on my MOTOR 1.1dish

Attachments

• Up-20-02-2023-Channel-list-All 55East to 34.5West-for-Viark Droi 4K + Viark Drs2 4k-BY-FENEKI.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
I was looking in the settings on my Viark Sat 4K to see if I could enable pause on live TV.

I can't think what I did other than go to Enable X- Timeshift in the System Configuration then when I clicked on OK I saw that it only had a few options and the maximum was 3 seconds, so as that was no good I left it at OFF and exited.

Now I keep getting a warning message saying Auto Time Shift failed if I change channel or go into the menu.

Has anyone any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks 🤔

I found it, I had gone into the PVR settings for the USB and had set the Auto Timeshift to ON.

I forgot that I had been all over the place trying to get the timer recordings to record to my USB stick, like it did when I first got the box but it doesn't seem to work now.

Is that something that they messed up in the latest firmware?

OK, I have either been thick or I haven't been paying attention to the words on the screen properly 🤔 🙁

Over the last week I have been setting a timer to record in preparation of the F1 season starting next weekend.
Each one I set never recorded so I was going in and out of all the menus to try and find why it wasn't recording.

Last night I realised that when I set a timer event I had checked that the channel, day, time to start and time to stop were all correct, then I clicked OK to confirm and then checked in the timer events that it was there.

I had missed setting the option to record from no to yes so now it works perfectly.

Why would they have something in there that defaults to NO instead of to YES, if it was something like a reminder that would show if you wanted to know when something was about to start and you were watching a different channel 🤪

Here is my updated list, it works with the V8 UHD and the Viark Sat 4K (should also work with the Sat and Combo boxes)

53E - 30W
28.2E in order (done from scratch)
28.2E favourites set.
13E & 19.2E some favourites set.

This list was originally created by GIORGIO team for the V8 UHD, but it has been heavily modified and hugely manipulated to get 28.2 channels in correct order using a combination of STB Editor, notepad++ and the Viark Sat 4K remote.

It was ALOT of work and took far too long to create, so I won't be keeping it updated.

If any channels do not work, then you will need to rescan them manually but I think most of it should be ok (fingers crossed), but remember if you do rescan then do not use the option to wipe the existing channels as it will remove the lot.

I have left the LNB as Universal and USALS is set for all sats (default settings used by GIORGIO team).

If the favourites don't show the correct names in the correct places, just rename them on your box (takes a few seconds).

Attachments

• V8 UHD & Sat 4K 53E-30W with 28.2E in order.sdx.rar
    305.2 KB · Views: 8
Up-02-03-2023-Channel-list-All 55East to 34.5West-for-Viark Droi 4K + Viark Drs2 4k-BY-FENEKI

Up All 0.8West

Up All 13East

Up All 19.2East

Up All 28.2East

Up All 52East

+ All Satellites channels and packages bouquets fully updated

Channel list on USALS > use it for CS/forever + keys + FTA from 55East to 34.5West that I can receive on my MOTOR 1.1dish

Attachments​

Attachments

• Up-02-03-2023-Channel-list-All 55East to 34.5West-for-Viark Droi 4K + Viark Drs2 4k-BY-FENEKI.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Here is my updated list, it works with the V8 UHD and the Viark Sat 4K (should also work with the Sat and Combo boxes)

53E - 30W
28.2E in order (done from scratch)
28.2E favourites set.
13E & 19.2E some favourites set.

This list was originally created by GIORGIO team for the V8 UHD, but it has been heavily modified and hugely manipulated to get 28.2 channels in correct order using a combination of STB Editor, notepad++ and the Viark Sat 4K remote.

It was ALOT of work and took far too long to create, so I won't be keeping it updated.

If any channels do not work, then you will need to rescan them manually but I think most of it should be ok (fingers crossed), but remember if you do rescan then do not use the option to wipe the existing channels as it will remove the lot.

I have left the LNB as Universal and USALS is set for all sats (default settings used by GIORGIO team).

If the favourites don't show the correct names in the correct places, just rename them on your box (takes a few seconds).
Hi does this channel list work on a gtmedia v8 uhd box if so do you know how to put it on the box thanks in advance

Back