Viark-Starsat Box Discussion

The Viark 4k and Viark Satb both use the same forever server and clear the same providers, there is little if no 4k channels clearing just HD.

Another option is the Qviart Dual 4K, it's an Enigma2 box with Android and FS works on the Android side.

It's a bit buggy, but atleast if the FS ever does vanish, the box will still have a use with Enigma2.

The viark sat is your best bet imo , don't bother just yet with the qviart dual after reading reviews feedback etc it's long way to being finished product
Id agree with that.

Although with my sat list it removes the main issue been the scanning one on the Dual.

Would i buy another absolutely not at this point id buy Viark.

The Viarks on a motorized dish have plenty to offer without the UK IT and DE options. Well worth the outlay.

Regarding which to buy the Sat or the 4k depends on if there is any FTA 4k you watch or if you have a euro line which clears some 4k somewhere. Although id never personally add a line to the Viark and if i did id disable the Forever server before i did.

Id agree with that.

Although with my sat list it removes the main issue been the scanning one on the Dual.

Would i buy another absolutely not at this point id buy Viark.

The Viarks on a motorized dish have plenty to offer without the UK IT and DE options. Well worth the outlay.

Regarding which to buy the Sat or the 4k depends on if there is any FTA 4k you watch or if you have a euro line which clears some 4k somewhere. Although id never personally add a line to the Viark and if i did id disable the Forever server before i did.
Yes I would never advise leaving a cline on with FS connected, may get reused!

The viark sat is your best bet imo , don't bother just yet with the qviart dual after reading reviews feedback etc it's long way to being finished product

Yes it's a fair assessment at the moment (although I am told they are working on the issues and an update is coming), I was just offering another alternative as he did ask which other boxes are available.

Just a warning for anyone else with a GTmedia V8 UHD.

There is a new fw update released today (GTMedia V8 UHD Mars_V1.10.6653_09052023).

If you use the 4K2K 50Hz output option, then do not update your box.

The update removes said option, meaning 4K2K 25Hz is the highest output in PAL mode or 4K2K 30Hz if set to NTSC.

Even downgrading does not restore the option.

Ok panic over, after starting a recording, the 4K2K 50Hz option is back.

Don't know if the hdmi cable is going bad, or if it's a new bug they have introduced.

Will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for all input, think all the advice is helpful, anyway went for the Viark Sat, cheapest option to get started with.
Is there a dummies guide to setup? or do I have to browse through all input?

Thanks

Thanks for all input, think all the advice is helpful, anyway went for the Viark Sat, cheapest option to get started with.
Is there a dummies guide to setup? or do I have to browse through all input?

Thanks
Our friend @kegnkiwi wrote a how to pdf

Attachments

• Viark how to.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
Back