vermin media capping

i only changed from o2 because cable in area now
and o2 gave me good service for years as im miles from exchange and only had
a 1.5 mb line.
so even with capping vm is still faster.

Thanks for reply. Its wireless connection. The speedtest is 85+meg and I've tried iplayer on 3 different machines. In the daytime iplayer is fine but night time is when I get the problem so I assumed is was traffic management.

well.. depending on what speed your on you still get you daily quota at full speed, ie 30 meg you can d/l 7.5 gigs during the day and 5 gigs during the night b4 you get capped... then you get capped for 5 hours until your at fullspeed again... but this is only for p2p and newsgroups.... normal streaming isnt restricted...

but after 9 you wont get capped but you might get full speed, but after 12 till i think 7 in the morning you can d/l how much you want at full speed :)

thx was foggy on that one cos so many said its 9pm.... id much rather schedule any heavy downloads via newgroups/torrents like 12:10am and cut it off 6:45am, on 100meg virgin bb id guess any amount id cue up would be done even :)

if you look on the o2 website you will notice that o2 do traffic manage but i have never noticed this on my crap 6 meg
but been reading there clamping down also so dont renew contract just yet

Yeah noticed that also, im still an old o2 unlimited customer so been rinsing the isp for years without restrictions:) Im only going virgin bb due to 100meg and bt infinity also opening now but @ 40meg and @ £25, id much rather add a tenner more and get 100meg garranteed bb even if it means I gotta schedule my downloads.

Im hearing Virgins bb service has been pants this month though.... which is off putting !

Im hearing Virgins bb service has been pants this month though.... which is off putting !

terrible m8, last 5 weeks my service has been pethetic! regards mdt

very bad mate lol ...........................

:)

So virgins bb is good just to confirm ? no ones had any real issues with them lately ?

I gotta make sure lol before jumping onto virgins 100meg bb....

So virgins bb is good just to confirm ? no ones had any real issues with them lately ?

I gotta make sure lol before jumping onto virgins 100meg bb....

as you can see my speeds are spot on for the 30meg service :)

i did have a network problem the other week where my connection kept on dropping, but i just posted the problem on the virgin support fourm and they sorted it out within a week. i find its better posting on there support forum than keep ringing up and getting told stories by our over seas friends lol....

i cant complain about there service tbh mate.. ive been with them for 12 years now and have been a very happy customer.....

as you can see my speeds are spot on for the 30meg service :)

i did have a network problem the other week where my connection kept on dropping, but i just posted the problem on the virgin support fourm and they sorted it out within a week. i find its better posting on there support forum than keep ringing up and getting told stories by our over seas friends lol....

i cant complain about there service tbh mate.. ive been with them for 12 years now and have been a very happy customer.....

Nice very good to hear the service is spot on ;)

i took out the 30meg to stop the capping but they still do after being told they will not ,so ive been going nuts at them.

i took out the 30meg to stop the capping but they still do after being told they will not ,so ive been going nuts at them.

who said that 30mb is uncapped ?

The details are all on the website. The only uncapped services are 50mb and 100mb

who said that 30mb is uncapped ?

The details are all on the website. The only uncapped services are 50mb and 100mb

What do you mean by capping? Normally I take it to mean getting cut off after so much downloads, like having a 40gb download limit, non of virgin tarrif have any download limits as far as I know.

I get throttled on 100mb if I download too much in the day, same as I did on 50mb, same as I did on 20mb, but only on the newsgroups (and p2p and torrents I assume). They all have the same fair usage policy.

Last edited:
What do you mean by capping? Normally I take it to mean getting cut off after so much downloads, like having a 40gb download limit, non of virgin tarrif have any download limits as far as I know.

I get throttled on 100mb if I download too much in the day, same as I did on 50mb, same as I did on 20mb, but only on the newsgroups (and p2p and torrents I assume). They all have the same fair usage policy.

You don't get completely cut off on any of their services, neither is there additional charge. As you say, you get throttled though. 5 Hours throttling for exceeding download limits in certain time frames for lower packages.

You don't get completely cut off on any of their services, neither is there additional charge. As you say, you get throttled though. 5 Hours throttling for exceeding download limits in certain time frames for lower packages.

According to their terms and conditions ALL packages are subject to speed throttling at certain times, not just lower packages, only the 100mb is unlimited for UPLOADING all other packages also have a speed throttle on uploading.

is the modem scene totally dead or can something be done with them?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back