vermin media capping

i think in these times, people expect a lot more from customer service departments but these mostly over-the-phone based services seem to not be able to meet the needs full - so the gap is wide.

Personally, Sky was the WORST company by a long shot i have ever had the misfortune of giving money to. VM, not good however i can't complain about what i receive. my internet has never been off, when i had TV it always worked and when i chopped the cable from the house to the street in 3 places - they replaced it free of charge. Yet, BT charged me £120 when they had to replace the wire from the telegraph pole to the house after water got in which they blamed on my 'poor guttering'. The only time i speak to them on the phone is to re-negotiate my package when yes, once again, they were clueless call-monkeys i spoke to. so i'm happy with the technology - not the idiots who staff the phone lines.

I've had no problems with Virgin at all, the TV box hasn't been plugged in for 2 years as we dont even whatch the channels we get free, I've had no problems with the superhub ether, but then I'm not doing things that half the people on this site are into. :)

We download a lot of US TV shows. I dont even have to go to NZB sites to get them. SABNZB logs into my nzbmatrix account several times per day, grabs the NZB's for the shows I've told it to look out for, downloads them, verifies and unpacks them into a certain folder, ps3mediaserver also watches that folder and they just play on my tv, it's fully automatic.

When we used to have 20mb we had problems with throttling and letters, when we had 50mb it was the same, we went to 100mb to get away from that and it seems to have worked. It's not about getting the speed it's about getting less hassle.

Also now we do download a lot more blu-ray films and PS3 games so the amount of downloading has quadrupled too. According to sabnzb i've done 2.6tb since the beginning of November. But that doesn't include all the stuff I download during the day on this PC using newsleecher. We don't keep the TV shows just the blu-ray films.

It's personal choice but from what I've seen and heard about ADSL I would never leave cable, we've been with them for around 15 years.

In the last 12mth cable customer service/care as seriously gone down hill there has been a problem in my area that started in august and got fixed on the 18th of October but the internet still worked we just couldnt get full speed but unless we noticed they wasnt willing to tell us and even then they still charged us full price which imo is just wrong all the same no one can match the speeds of vermin and thats simply the reason i have stuck with them.

I rang them up a few weeks ago and they told me them selves if i get put through to a foreign call center hang up and try again because they have had a lot of problems for example engineers being booked then not turning up at the customers house because they have never actually been booked if that makes sense lol and on the same note they sent a engineer to my house and he explained what my problem was whilst trying to confuse me but not wanting to sound billy big boll*cks ive not long since finished my cisco course so i knew what he was saying he told me he was off down to the green box to "fix the levels" so i checked them as soon as he walked out my door and again about a hour later and there was absolutely no change so there liars too lol

whats you modem power levels...... copy and paste um and let us have a look ...................

??????............................

have a look at you modem power levels, to see if you got line problems......

192.168.100.1 into the address bar, user name=admin,,password-=root >advance settings>connections and copy and paste that page.....

Connection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Startup Procedure
Procedure Status Comment
Acquire Downstream Channel 307000000 Hz Locked
Connectivity State OK Operational
Boot State OK Operational
Configuration File OK
Security Enabled BPI+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downstream Channels
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power SNR Docsis/EuroDocsis locked
Locked QAM256 102 55616000 Kbits/sec 307000000 Hz 1.2 dBmV 41.1 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 101 55616000 Kbits/sec 299000000 Hz 1.3 dBmV 41.1 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 103 55616000 Kbits/sec 315000000 Hz 1.2 dBmV 40.8 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 104 55616000 Kbits/sec 323000000 Hz 1.1 dBmV 40.8 dB Hybrid
Unlocked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown

Upstream Channels
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power
Locked ATDMA 7 20480 Kbits/sec 45800000 Hz 33.0 dBmV
Unlocked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV

Primary Downstream Service Flow
Downstream(0)
SFID 3317
Max Traffic Rate 10240000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 3044 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate 0 bps

Primary Upstream Service Flow
Upstream(0)
SFID 3316
Max Traffic Rate 1072000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 8160 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate 0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst 8160 bytes
Scheduling Type Best Effort

Current System Time:Tue Nov 22 22:00:05 2011

all looks ok to me JTH, although your upstream level is a little low but still within acceptable levels.....

so its not your power levels that are causing you low d/l speeds... stay up and try after 12 mate.... usually 12.04 you should start to see full speed mate :) ...

im gonny fone the ****s the morra
anyone got a contact i cant find what she done with paper work

im gonny fone the ****s the morra
anyone got a contact i cant find what she done with paper work

if you got a virgin landline just dial 150 mate or 0845 4541111 from any other phone...

So a virgin bb customer has to wait till 12pm to get the full speed and use out of there virgin bb?

Im thinking of just holding onto my o2 13meg with no limits/restrictions bb......

So a virgin bb customer has to wait till 12pm to get the full speed and use out of there virgin bb?

Im thinking of just holding onto my o2 13meg with no limits/restrictions bb......

well.. depending on what speed your on you still get you daily quota at full speed, ie 30 meg you can d/l 7.5 gigs during the day and 5 gigs during the night b4 you get capped... then you get capped for 5 hours until your at fullspeed again... but this is only for p2p and newsgroups.... normal streaming isnt restricted...

but after 9 you wont get capped but you might get full speed, but after 12 till i think 7 in the morning you can d/l how much you want at full speed :)

Whenever I'm watching bbc iplayer or tvcatchup in the evenings, there seems to be a lot of buffering and have to keep refreshing the browser. Also on iplayer it comes up with insufficient bandwidth. Just wondering if streaming is also restricted now.

Whenever I'm watching bbc iplayer or tvcatchup in the evenings, there seems to be a lot of buffering and have to keep refreshing the browser. Also on iplayer it comes up with insufficient bandwidth. Just wondering if streaming is also restricted now.

no mate streaming iplayer isnt restricted... prob something wrong with your connection or you pc .... do some speed tests and go to the virgin support forum if your getting low speeds.... are you wireless or hard wired ? if wireless that could be your problem mate ...

if you look on the o2 website you will notice that o2 do traffic manage but i have never noticed this on my crap 6 meg
but been reading there clamping down also so dont renew contract just yet

Back