VCR/DVD recording box with cardsharing

huz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hi
i am wondering if there is any box available on the market where i can add a c line and record to a vcr or a dvd straight from the box
thanks

Think he means a built in DVD recorder, that records to disc rather than HD

Not really aware of any that do that.
Theres many boxes out there with internal HDD and boxes you can add external HDD.
All you need to do is when you have recorded something FTP to the HDD and copy your recordings to computer and burn DVD.
You can also do that on openboxes. But not with FTP. You just plug memory key in rear USB port and record directly onto USB.
From what I can remember openboxes record AVI format.
You can get an openbox as cheap as £32 now.

Last edited:
I think the dreambox 8000 is the only sat receiver I have ever seen with dvd/dvd recorder built in.

VCRs had analogue terrestial tuners built in

They do yes, but he wants to record to a VCR or standalone dvd recorder from a e2 box. I know for a fact the 800 will record whatever is been watched on it to a vcr. I did so for a month back when i got my first 800 just after it came out. , Vcr's had a external source input too

pretty sure i recorded from 800se to standalone dvd recorder in the past would imagine any e2 box would

just did quick test successful record to external dvd recorder on

800se
cloud-iboxIII

got mismatch error on openbox s9

ld have been nice if the OP / Newbie had responded to what it was he was looking for

op did ask for vcr or dvd hence the test

Really need more clarity from OP. If its just an old fashioned VCR recording from box, Just put VCR in the video output connection. Lots of cheap boxes still have scart or composite outputs. Depending on the DVD recorder the same may apply. If its an external DVD-R type recorder for a computer, then the confusion would make more sense. Need more information OP as to your intentions

any box with scart should record to vcr as most vcr's have scart input

Back