Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vauxhall Zafira: Known issues?

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hope you can help me.
Im looking for a 7 seater for someone and vauzhall zafira always coming out.
He does about 20k a year and wanted to find ou when buying one what to look for and if there are any known issues on them?
looking at 2004 to 2007 models.

visibility is rubbish out of the front due to extremely thick columns that separate the wind-shield from the front quarter glass so you have a huge blind spot.

the hand brake design also sucks.

its a vauxhall :lol:

so ?.

i my self use a vauxhall astra 1.7 CDTI on a 07 plate and it does exactly what i bought it for, so did the o4 corsa before it and the astra before that.

back to the op.

my dad uses a 04 zafira and it's a decent enough motor, and the fact that it's a vauxhall means that parts are readily available if needed and at a decent enough price. as opposed to some others.

i have a 60 plate and to be honest its fine, im also not sure of the comments (its a vauxhall) lol to be honest i find them to be pretty reliable cheap to run cars... i got mine for 10,995 brand new comes with a 100k miles warranty, wasnt the base model either has aircon, mp3 etc.. tinted windows its all good we tend not to use the 7 seats bought more for the large boot.. but yeah i find them very good, had a brand new vectra before that, I kept that for 3 years and never had any problems.. have friends who buy astra's corsas etc.. never any problems either..

iv a 06 zafira had it from new , i carnt fault it apart from the airflow senser. tbh i think it just gets stuck as mine has been on about 4 times in the last few year an it goes out after a week or so. the only prob is it runs like a bag of shat while the warning light is on

At the moment im driving a 58 plate vaxhall zafira , not let me down in any way ,

My club spec zafira had really cheap internal fittings which all broke through normal wear and tear, visibilty when looking forward left/right is poor because of oversized window pillars at the front, it also drank a terrible amount of oil. Apart from that it was a decent car which didn't give me any real headaches. the flex7 seating system is brilliant.

13105544635.jpg

6/10 are all japanese cars. Valxhall are ranked 16.

There shite. Much has any of your vauxhalls cost you at your mots for exmaple?

My Ultra Reliable mazda - Nout on the trot for 4 years now.

its a vauxhall comment for ment as a joke, But since where on to the point now - There shite.

If you want a 7 seater that breaks down every other month go for a vauxhal zafira .

I would recommend a vw sharon tdi,toyata previa{gas convert},ford galaxy.

Last edited by a moderator:
My zafira never broke down once and the only thing I ever needed to fix for an MOT was a set of front break pads and a dodgy window wiper. I'm not into all this good car/bad car nonsense, a car is a car, drive it well and it'll take you far, act like a fool and expect to pay.

I've had Ford, Vauxhall, Toyota and Peugeot, if I had to choose the car I found to be the cheapest to run I'd say it was the Toyota, nothing ever went wrong with it, I swear it had break pads made of kryptonite. The worst car (most repairs) was the Peugeot, it was a nightmare, I basically had to rebuild the car, and every MOT there was always something wrong. There's not much between the Fords and Vauxhalls to be honest either. I like them both, cheap and cheerful IMO.

If you want a Decent Seven Seater then Buy either Seat (best value for money), VW Sharan or Ford Galaxy.
All made in the same factory in Spain, using mostly VW components.

I ran a 52 plate 1.9 TDI Ford Galaxy for 3 years with no problems apart the usual wear & Tear servicing.

The only thing that was Ford was the Blue Oval badge on it as every part had VAG stamped on it.

After 2006 the Ford went its own way, but the VW and the Seat are still available i think.

The above with exception of the Seat will hold their money far better than the Zafaria.

We looked at one and to be fair the Flex seating is pure Genius.

The large A pillar blindspot you are Goung to find on most Seven seters as its a common design flaw.

If you want reliability the buy German or Japanese.

Yes the Parts are more expensive, but guess what they are better built and dont go wrong as often as say a Vauxhall or a Ford.

The company i work for spent 1.5 Million ponds with Vauxhall in 2009 and All the vans have been nothing but trouble with some having problems at only 19K.

Needless to say We wont be buying Vauxhall again!

Saying that its only the vans and the Vectras have been virtually trouble free for 100K.

So not all bad.

13105544635.jpg

6/10 are all japanese cars. Valxhall are ranked 16.

There shite. Much has any of your vauxhalls cost you at your mots for exmaple?

My Ultra Reliable mazda - Nout on the trot for 4 years now.

its a vauxhall comment for ment as a joke, But since where on to the point now - There shite.

The Dentist wanted advice on vauxhall zafiras not an opinion on whether they are shite or not.Have you ever had or owned a vauxhall, don't knock these cars until you have had one. lots of people on this post own these cars and speak from experience and its all good.

Thanks for all the replies people. I'm going to have a test drive of one today. The vw would have been my choice but its not my money and its way more expensive. Interesting about the comment about the ford galaxy I didn't know they were made same as the vw and seat.

Also regarding that chart, I wouldn't really go by that. Look where it puts audi lol and I think audis are the most reliable cars ever and I have owned two and they put bmw below peugot and the likes. Driven mine for nearly two years now and around 50k and the only thing I needed to change was 2 tyres and a few bulbs. All depends really on how you look after a car.
Will definately check out the galaxy tho...

Being friends with a few mates who own garages, and all drive japanese cars justifies my opinion. French cars and vaxhalls are all they ever had in. Very rarely does a japanese car come in with somthing serious!

And no - I'v nerver own a zaferia, Im not a dad i dont need 7 seats.

I'v had friends who have has corsa, and there all horrendus.

Would i own a vauxhall? No.

Being friends with a few mates who own garages, and all drive japanese cars justifies my opinion. French cars and vaxhalls are all they ever had in. Very rarely does a japanese car come in with somthing serious!

And no - I'v nerver own a zaferia, Im not a dad i dont need 7 seats.

I'v had friends who have has corsa, and there all horrendus.

Would i own a vauxhall? No.

if your going to slate the car spell it correctly as for your list its nonsense anyway justifying your car selection because mazda is number 2... the list seems suspect at best with ford and audi also not coming out too well

Oooooh cant thing of any good reasons as to argue with me so you pick on a dyslexic persons spelling

Very good you mug.

Let me google that for you

Away and have a read - What do you notice? All japanese manuafutres come highly rated. :):banana:

And FYI - I didnt say i bough mine because its reliable - I bought it because i wanted it - Just so happens its fecking bullet proof - After owning two fords, and family owning french and "vauxhall"'s i wouldnt go near them :)

If you’re going to slate the cars spell it correctly as for your list its nonsense anyway justifying your car selection because Mazda is number 2. The list seems suspect at best with Ford and Audi also not coming out too well.

And i fixed your post spelling and grammer for you :)

Last edited:
Every car has its faults so lets not get upset what ppl say about each others cars.

Been a tech for years so

vauxhall corsa timing chain rattle. most astras have egr problems if they are not driven hard enough.

Your cant go wrong with jap really best is a shogun but parts are expensive.

I have a bmw330ci and yes it has problems too, rear subframe cracks, has mine not yet ( fingers x) rear springs break.

VW lots of engine light on to windows reg.

I could go on and on but if its new then you should be fine for a while, if not then expect to spend some money sooner or later.

chance you take..

Back