V.m. Warning

allanj

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have recently flashed my box (Kryptview) and was flicking through the channels, and on channel 0510 I came across this warning from V.M.

Please be aware the set top box you are using is unauthorised and you are committing a criminal offence by using it to receive programmes from V.M.
If you have any questions about your illegal connection to V.M.s network and receipt of it's services, then call V.M. confidencial hotline on 0800 096 7800.

This is the first time I have noticed this warning and I wondered if anyone else knows about it and if we need to worry about it.
I immediately switched off the box and jumped on the computer.

I have recently flashed my box (Kryptview) and was flicking through the channels, and on channel 0510 I came across this warning from V.M.

Please be aware the set top box you are using is unauthorised and you are committing a criminal offence by using it to receive programmes from V.M.
If you have any questions about your illegal connection to V.M.s network and receipt of it's services, then call V.M. confidencial hotline on 0800 096 7800.

This is the first time I have noticed this warning and I wondered if anyone else knows about it and if we need to worry about it.
its been there a while it is a channel that only non vm boxes can get so dont worry about it

maybe you got some new channels :roflmao:

as been said before this has been out for months,they were some threads about it

its been there a while it is a channel that only non vm boxes can get so dont worry about it

Thank's for putting my mind at rest but I'll use the box sparingly in future
Cheers

Last edited:
how many people do you think rang the number over the weekend with my box won`t work problems

dont worry about it v.m trying to scare people they even do an advert saying same thing so i wouldnt worry about it

this scared me a couple of months ago as well. I turned it off - unplugged it and dug out the box they gave me free of charge.
Before connecting it I rang my dodgy mate and he told me it was nothing atall to worry about. He knows everything so I've been happily watching ever since.

Thinking about it - It is a pathetic attempt at scaring people - isn't it?

Yeh, their's always somebody who knows somebody, who knows everthing, isn't their.

Thats whats so good about this site...if you don't know how someone on here will do .

The benifit with most of the boxes as apposed to the standard "free box" given with cable is there's no talkback, so they don't know thers's even a box connected! I have a splitter on mine, have a dbox and the nthell box connected, I use the standard box for watching the bbc iplayer- thats all its good for really!

It is literally impossible for Virgin Media, nomatter how clever, cunning, and talented they are to arrest or even fine you about your box.
By law, VM have to ring your home telephone number 10 minutes before they actually come to inspect your house, and by that time you could have removed your dodgy box and replaced it with an original.
But, even if you are daredevil enough to leave it plugged in, you do not even have to allow VM access to your house, you can deny them access at your door. And, even if you forgot about your box and your just downright stupid and you decide to allow them into your house, they are not allowed to touch the box without your permission, they just write a note down and ask you to dispose of your box within 1 month.
Put yourself in a VM workers' position, I will now pretend to be someone working for VM
OK, I've just had a long tiring day at work, and I'm about to go home, I recieve a phone call from my boss, telling me to go ring and go down to 123 Something Road.
So, I search my computer for the telephone number of 123 Something Road, and I make a phone call saying, "Hello, may I speak to Mr X please, hello sir, I have to come down to your house to inspect your box, bye"
So I drive down to 123 Something Road, and I'm hoping that no-one opens the door, I knock the door and no-one opens it. I ring my boss and tell him no-one opened the door, I get money for an easy job and I'm not tired.
The MOST Virgin Media can do is cut your connection, but even if they do, you will still be able to view channels on your box, but not use your modem. And they would only do that if you swore at one of them or something similar, to pee them off.
Really, VM don't care about the average family man who uses his box to view all the channels, we are smallfish to them and they can't be bothered going around knocking individuals doors, instead they target the local dealer, by sending the police out, and they find who sells them and they confiscate all his boxes after he says, "I'm sorry mate, I didn't know these boxes are illegal"
Trust me, you can sleep, you won't get done for anything, nothing can possible happen, enjoy your box!

The MOST Virgin Media can do is cut your connection, but even if they do, you will still be able to view channels on your box, but not use your modem.

Trust me, you can sleep, you won't get done for anything, nothing can possible happen, enjoy your box!

Hi,

This is not a flame but I feel the need to point out some errors in your post.

Point 1. If the modem connection is severed, how can you use a box? The signal for modems/boxes come down the same coax, so if the connection is severed = no modem or box signal.

Point 2. Nothing can possibly happen? Take a look at the membership stats and online figures for this forum, Vermin DID do something a week ago and will continue to do so, to think that we are untouchable is at best naive, at worst dangerous. We are on borrowed time and it's not a matter of "if" we lose our hobby/passtime but WHEN!

Muskrat

if v.m,s customer service was better they may not have so much of a problem with " non standard " s.t.b,s.
eg
3 years ago a individual tel v.m. about their faulty s.t.b.
reply-we will send a engineer.
after numerous repeat calls , and no working box and putting up with a cheap freeview box and still paying for a service that was not provided for 3 weeks a new cable box was purchased privately.
not to mention the
crap broadband service ,on one day,off for four days,on a regular basis.the privately purchased box has performed perfectly from day 1 (keyrolls​
permitting).the individual concerned is still paying v.m. for broadband,telephone and tv service .so all parties concerned should be happy.:love:

Last edited:
This has been on for a few months as far as im aware!! nothing to worry about its a standard screen that modded boxes will see..

Back