warning no lnb?

premprop51

DW F1 champion 2011
VIP Member
Reaction score
so due to the bad weather a few weeks ago my dish has been off (not had a minute to get up)I initially thought it was the motor but after checking that's ok, so I thought maybe issue with tuner in box that's ok, so I had a brand new dual lnb which I was going to change anyway and I thought that would solve the problems but.....

ive got a dm80se when I go in to positioner it comes up " warning no lnb using factory defaults" theres absolutely nowt wrong with the lnb so I'm now thinking maybe water has got into the cable going from lnb to motor, has anyone any ideas before I go back up tomorrow and start farting about with it again???

cheers.

so due to the bad weather a few weeks ago my dish has been off (not had a minute to get up)I initially thought it was the motor but after checking that's ok, so I thought maybe issue with tuner in box that's ok, so I had a brand new dual lnb which I was going to change anyway and I thought that would solve the problems but.....

ive got a dm80se when I go in to positioner it comes up " warning no lnb using factory defaults" theres absolutely nowt wrong with the lnb so I'm now thinking maybe water has got into the cable going from lnb to motor, has anyone any ideas before I go back up tomorrow and start farting about with it again???

cheers.

You using

Simple
Single

?

If so that is an odd error to see.

yes ferret I am, ive also tried it on advanced with all the correct settings put in!

but after posting I thought id have another shot at ruling out problems and ive noticed that if I rig up another motor just connected to receiver I can move it no problems in the satfinder menu, now if I connect my existing motor (still connected to dish) its not moving to different sats but it was earlier today!!

so am I right in thinking it is still possibly a motor issue which just happens to work now and again??? would this still show a warning no lnb issue??

or could it be a cable issue between receiver and motor?

cheers.

It looks like a motor issue. As you have another motor can you use that and see if you get channels that you're after. If you do, then that proves it's the motor

cheers ketmp yes I'm now swaying towards a motor issue as it seems to pick and choose when it wants to move, ive got a new tm-2600 sitting here if its not too windy tomorrow ill change it see how I get on.

thanks for the reply, stay put tho I may be back ;)

just out of interest here, when I rig up my spare motor to receiver and point it 28.2, on the motor co ordinates its showing about 35! its the same with my existing motor when I pointed this to 28.2 it showed 34.3!!!

where have I went wrong here??

cheers.

It wont matter where its pointing to on the dial below the motor as long as you have a good signal and the motor is tracking the ARC correctly

Back