Updating oscam in commando

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm trying to update my oscam to a newer build but not having any joy.
I've tried the one that wiz posted here

Oscam install

but when I extract it with 7zip I get to a folder with 7 files in it numbered 0 to 6 ?.
If I ftp the oscam file that is 914 kb it just freezes.
Do I have to update my configs as well ?

when i extracted the file with Winrar i got a folder with just the Oscam binary inside with a size of 914kb which should be placed in the same directory as your other one and then for safety's sake rename the original one to oscam_old before you ftp the new one over, Once over change attributes to 755 and restart your box

I also just get the oscam binary when extracting with 7zip,

You might want to stop oscam running before you transfer,and then as digi says chmod it 755

Yeah i've done that but its still just a black screen thats why i wondered if i had to change my configs

wiz your a star !
stopping the cam first worked.
thanks to digi and you mate for your help.

Yes i've rebooted it a few times.
What i've also noted is that once i restart the cam it takes about 2 minutes for it to clear.

Yes i've rebooted it a few times.
What i've also noted is that once i restart the cam it takes about 2 minutes for it to clear.

Is oscam webinfo giving any clues to what's happening?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

TBH i'm not sure what i'm looking for in webinfo.
It was working fine with the build 7 something but i've tried 2 newer versions and both are glitching badly. I don't know what's going on.

Thats why it is always wise to keep your old version as backup as you can revert if any problems until you iron them out

Yeah i've backed up my old one but i've been reading on here that you have to have build 9000 for the card to update when using the Thomson box fix ( which i'm not yet )

I get very high ecm times with all new builds of oscam... that could be your problem??
Im still on version 7 something!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thats the version i was originally on i think i'm going to go back to it.
BTW have you used a Thomson box ?

I'm not to sure what to look for in web info but noticed since i've gone back to the 7 build my LTIME has dropped from 1690 to 85

The bit inside the brackets with ms.. (88ms) is the ecm time.
1690 very high. (85ms) is good!

I have tried quite a few different versions of the new(ish) builds & all glitch quite bad, the only way I found to to stop it was to change a line in oscam.server
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
But have no idea if this could damage the card.

I think thats overclocking the card!
It should be about 357 if I remember right??

Yes 357 is default value but anything below 2001 causes it to glitch & takes a while to start up.

Back