Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV 3 are receiving software update 6.2.6.0

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
new software update is currently rolling out to the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and the Fire TV 3 (pendant). This update carries version number 6.2.6.0 and a build value of NS6260/1840. This updated is essentially the Fire OS 6 version of the 5.2.6.9 software update that has been rolling out to Fire OS 5 devices, which are the Fire TV 1, Fire TV 2, Fire TV Stick 1, and Fire TV Stick 2. I’m told these updates are not rolling out to any Fire TV Edition televisions at this time. Like the 5.2.6.9 update for older models, this 6.2.6.0 update for newer models removes the ability to move apps on the home screen / app grid screen and replaces it with a new pinning option.

To learn more about the new ability to pin apps and channels on the home screen, I suggest reading my post about the 5.2.6.9 software update. Essentially, you can no longer arrange the order of your app and channel icons on the home screen by moving them up or down the list. Instead, you can now pin apps to the front of the list. The ability to rearrange the order of your pinned apps will be added in a future update, but, for now, to control the order, you must pin the apps in the reverse order that you want them to appear, since the last app you pin is always moved to the front.
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV 3 are receiving software update 6.2.6.0

Back