Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Update on arrest in west yorkshire on illegal boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys!

If we got to jail do you think the boxes will be done in there? :FRIGHT: We might need some expert help on the following....boxes....phone...phone-cards.how to make beer ,maybe lockpicking. We.ll need ear-plugs of course,we wouldn,t want to be corrupted. Think of all those new tricks you could learn.
I hear they,ve got game stations,computer courses etc..............Wouldn,t want to be corrupted about them drug things....i,d have to sue them under The Human Rights act.:Laugh:

as far as im aware cable legally have to provide you with a feed... even if you get cut off...

as you dont have an arial and they have to provide a source for the free to view channels.

so wether your cut off or not the cable still produces the feed for you???

so how could they check to see if your getting channels illegally???

other than if you have a tb dodgy box

i can see them going after the traders more than anyone else....

was it on the news that a dealer got sent down for a year and his m8 got community service or something? anyone actually see it on the tv....

The guy got 12 months and his mate 160 hours community service for chipping NTL branded boxes in Glasgow.

firstly, except the official ntl/virgin etc box,dbox's are legal as you have not tampered with nt propperty. ie chipped it. i found a case where an engineer found a house with a dbox and all they could do was to snip the cable outside.
also the talkback is disabled, although i feel this is easy to see if box is connected, but wont mention it here!
the glasgow guy most had a charge of theft by namely a thing, ie chipping the ntl owned box to recieve a service without payment to venders.

as far as im aware cable legally have to provide you with a feed... even if you get cut off...

as you dont have an arial and they have to provide a source for the free to view channels.

so wether your cut off or not the cable still produces the feed for you???

so how could they check to see if your getting channels illegally???

other than if you have a tb dodgy box

i can see them going after the traders more than anyone else....

no they don't

michael

no they don't

michael

you are 110% correct! cable can also ban that address for life and where ever you go. but any way, dont kill the golden goose, get ya phone and internet, i got 20mb unlimeted, 24-7 free calls and basic tv pack for all in £26 pm, top deal, every one cant keep taking, they offer a good deal, even the mobile phone is a excellent deal, £10pm 300mins plus a phone i think?

not surprised the prat was caught...... he deserved it..... selling boxes at a fair...easy meat for virgin, still it doesnt say that anyone else was caught actually with there boxes connected to the cable network, when one person is caught, the publicity works by scaring every other person with an illegal box....
well done virgin you scared a few on here!!!!

i dont think n e 1 here is scared lol just curious as to what is going on and what they are up to i dont think vm curculated this to scare people its nowt to do with vm this post is about what peeps have heard and seen

VM give you a good deal if you phone up the retention line, currently i get phone with 24-7 free calls, basic TV and 4 MB BB for about 20 quid, the wife has a mobile for 10 quid pm . also got sky with sports package.

VM give you a good deal if you phone up the retention line, currently i get phone with 24-7 free calls, basic TV and 4 MB BB for about 20 quid, the wife has a mobile for 10 quid pm . also got sky with sports package.

whats the num id like to pay 20 for mine i pay 30 3in 1 2 meg bb i would like the number to get 4 meg and phone line for 20 i doubt it verry much though

whats the num id like to pay 20 for mine i pay 30 3in 1 2 meg bb i would like the number to get 4 meg and phone line for 20 i doubt it verry much though

try this 0800 073 0591 (may have changed) or call customer services , 150 and ask to be out thru to the cancellation line and tell them a Sky guy was round your house and offered you an unbelievable deal like ADSL, Phone and Sky for 20 quid and ask them if you VM can do a good deal, also throw in the line you have been a customer for x number of years and prefer to stay with VM but found Sky offer to be very good, trust me they will match the deal.

Just to bring you folks upto date on the arrests in Batley West Yorkshire over the use of illegal boxes.A police officer friend of mine who has been involved in these raids informs me that they are targetting people using these boxes who DONT PAY ANYTHING to Virgin.

They have information via Virgin who use these equipments ( he wouldnt tell me more as to how they detect the signal).Virgin obtain warrants from the courts prior to going around the house with a police officer.

Once at the door of the house, the warrant is shown to search the property for the illegal use of equipment to recieve free cable. They cannot be refused to enter the property, because if they are, then the householder is arrested under a different charge.

The householder is arrested, questioned and charged by the police. All the equipment is removed and the cable connection outside the house is permantly disconnected and the householder will never be allowed to a virgin account.

My pc friend informs me that that they have over 400 being targetted in Batley and neighbouring Dewsbury alone. Once they have done this, they will move to Huddersfield.He did say they are only targetting people "who dont subscribe to any of Virgin services but are recieving Tv and broadband for nought.

So be aware folks, if you get a knock on the door, there is no getting away . These are true facts folk, I am not joking about it

sorry to say m8 but that sounds like the biggest crock of shit i've heard in a good while!.so your telling me they are targeting individuals not dealers ???.at the last estimate virgin claimed there are over 300,000 boxes in use at the mo (i would estimate double that)..
so the police have dedicated a unit to track down every person one by one who has a box? that should go down well at the houses of parliment when the police force show their yearly expenditure - £6.5 million spent on behalf of richard branson in the search of ilegal cable boxes.they cant even man the streets m8 !!.and quote :-

So be aware folks, if you get a knock on the door"

give us a shout when i can come out from under the stairs.

silverdale, i would agree on most of your comms, (bit kinder though lol)
my line of work i deal with the police alot,(security) and what awaste of time they are, but they do seem to crack down on fraud more than a smack head kicking hell out of a 89 year old women for a £5 bag, the courts put higher importance on theft from companys etc
as for aimimg for dealers, take prostitutes.....they come down harder on the dirty little punters, as they are ment to be the root of problem, dealers are aloof, us guys more easy targets to catch, and track.
this countrys law system is fcuk as we all know, but dont worry being a user, £200 fine, would be about it.

sorry to say m8 but that sounds like the biggest crock of shit i've heard in a good while!.so your telling me they are targeting individuals not dealers ???.at the last estimate virgin claimed there are over 300,000 boxes in use at the mo (i would estimate double that)..
so the police have dedicated a unit to track down every person one by one who has a box? that should go down well at the houses of parliment when the police force show their yearly expenditure - £6.5 million spent on behalf of richard branson in the search of ilegal cable boxes.they cant even man the streets m8 !!.and quote :-

i would believe that cops would used to do this more than track down real criminals, my mates a cops and he said they prefer to get the eaiser options like fines for throwing litter than actually arrest durg dealers... its sad to here but they can get easier conviction and fine from normal pps rather than actual criminals.

sounds a bit far fetched i must agree, but ya never know?

doesnt do any harm to be vigilant huh?

BIG up to the guys posting this info (true or not).

It might sound like shit to you, but put your self in the shoes of VM. Traders are more brighter and clever than the likes of you, me and most of the members of this forum who just want to watch a free chanels for free. For every one trader there are probally a hundred folks who will have boght a box from him and watching chanels for free at the expense of VM.

Now do you go after one bright person who will be difficult to track down, or do you go for the dumb asses who have got a box and dont pay a penny.Who in your opinion is the one likely to get caught easily ?.

They only need to catch a few and word spreads around and soon you will see those people who pay fuk all,subsrcibing to at the least the minimum packagae.If they do this , then VM maybe bit a happier, so will the majority of the folks on this forum who pay at least something to Virgin in return for getting the odd free chanels, and not worry about a knock on the door.

It might sound like shit to you, but put your self in the shoes of VM. Traders are more brighter and clever than the likes of you, me and most of the members of this forum who just want to watch a free chanels for free. For every one trader there are probally a hundred folks who will have boght a box from him and watching chanels for free at the expense of VM.

Now do you go after one bright person who will be difficult to track down, or do you go for the dumb asses who have got a box and dont pay a penny.Who in your opinion is the one likely to get caught easily ?.

They only need to catch a few and word spreads around and soon you will see those people who pay fuk all,subsrcibing to at the least the minimum packagae.If they do this , then VM maybe bit a happier, so will the majority of the folks on this forum who pay at least something to Virgin in return for getting the odd free chanels, and not worry about a knock on the door.

why are traders more brighter and clevrer than the likes of me or someone else on this forum?????

why would they be hard to catch.....hmmmmm

one guy with one box sits at home watches his tv, card goes off he fixes it.

trader sat at home with xx amount of boxes in his house, computer fully loaded with fun/atmega/rom fixes
bk and ird of evry box he has ever done. then, the cards go off, suddenly 300 people arrive in dribs and drabs with cards, some bring there boxes etc etc. well im sure this is far easier to spot, either this guy is drug dealing. doing something else illegal etc or just is really popular.

so it would make sense to catch one dealer, and get possibly a few hundered bk/ird nuumbers which they could block if they wanted. and hopefully a handfull of future to be sold boxes, and poss names and addresses of previous customers.

so catching this one person could potentionally eliminate a couple of hundred customers.

bearing in mind even if they didnt finbk/ird or no names and addresses, it would still nock off all the other customers when the keyrolls, untill they come here, find a new dealer or get sick off it going off, or know there trader has ben busted and go legit.

also its a perfect time to hit all traders etc. turn the cards off, have a watchfull eye, and suddenly people with boxes are not sat at home watchingtv there on the move to the trader, so much easier to spot activity for evidence to get a future warrent.

this has always happend, and will continue to do so, its nothing new. at the end off the day everyone knows this is illegal even if you are paying full subs .

so fact/fiction scaremongering

who cares te risk is still the same

Just my 2p's worth, but if they open the green boxes and see house 70 using signal and not subscribed, would it not be:

CHEAPER (No requesting thousands of warrants)
QUICKER TO STOP THEM
LESS HASSLE
EFFECTS THE CUSTOMER ONLY

by DISCONNECTING the line from the greenbox...(i know some people have dodgy VMengineers to reconnect but 98% of the people dont have that relationship, seems like that would be more useful - obv bad for us but im just trying to see they wud only do what post #1 says if they wanted to arrest all the thousands of the people using the boxes... alot of effort and money just to stop them...

they said they disconnect the line at the house PERMENANTLY, but thats the same as doing it at the greenbox in the 1st place... seems very far fetched...

BUT i am aware of a close person being arrested and going court just last yr for providing boxes/updates who's been doing it for aslong as these boxes have been around - in the midlands

Last edited:
You can be sure that Rupert Murdoch will be applying pressure to Virgin, to tighten up the security (as have Sky with their military style encryption) - anyone hacked Sky yet ? NO.
People should pay a minimum package at least. People who have cable should be thankful, we have the fastest Broadband available, we can circumvent the technology and watch a few extra channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back