Update on arrest in west yorkshire on illegal boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can beileve this happning as well, and its got me slightly worried now, like most of you (i hope) i do pay VM a monthly sub yes its the lowest but im paying somthing, should i be worried or not and im using a dbox 2? I knew the dat would come eventually where VM try and do somtrhing to stop it happning, oh well fun while it last hey fella's

Last edited:
surprise surprise it was traders that they got not normal end users,

surprise surprise it was traders that they got not normal end users,

do you think they will start hitting end users after wards or they only going for traders and thats it?

bollox!!!

quicker and easier way of fixing this is just cut the line!!!!!!

an engineer, a pair of cutters ten minutes inside a green box and these addreses are fooked.

no police no judges no warrants.

whats the fine for this kind of thing? a couple of hundred quid? whats it cost for police and prosecution etc??

it doesnt add up and it stinks!!!!

If it is that easy why arent Virgin doing this rather than getting warrants ,paying police and arresting and prosecuting people.As i have said in my first comment they are targetting those people who pay fuk all and get the whole tv and broadband package free of charge
Surely VM have the names and addresses of these people and they would be entitled to go outside these folks houses and these green boxes and just cut them off. They obviously cant do this, if you pay for the bare minimum service from them

Ive been doing cable now for over 10 years, never ever had any comeback. I was with the old SA analogue for years before the digi could be done. This post really needs to end here.

and i swear if the police come knocking cos i aint payin for the tv(i dont watch it anyways ) and i get arrested for not hurting or causing anybody any harm yet the little twarts who burgled me get away scott free after terrifying my kids ill kill some1

go on vj rng me up i will help ya kill the f**kin b**rds, they let pedophiles and child mill esters on streets and give them rights and shit and if we wana pay less then the full price for cable tv then gona put us aaway arghhhhhhhh

lol they wont be sending any one to jail for stealing cable they will give a hefty fine jails are too crowded m8 thats why they are letting all the nonces and burglars out to do wat they do

Yes i agree,the thread should end !! Traders take the risk!After all they taking revenue out of the pockets of VM because they get greedy!
We all take a calculated risks i believe giving them a payment every month but enjoying that little bit extra is a risk i am prepared to take.:proud:
With thanks to all on this forum who share their knowledge and have a far greater understanding of the systems than i will ever:Clap:

well i would like to see them trace them in my cab as all the house numbers on the drops has been changed around and as my greybox outside is no longer outside id like to see them chase mine

well i would like to see them trace them in my cab as all the house numbers on the drops has been changed around and as my greybox outside is no longer outside id like to see them chase mine

lmao nice one sound,s like a plan wino buddie :Clap:

but i also think the thread sould end till someone can start a "i told you so" thread

It was stated some months ago that VM were undertaking an audit of all green cabinets. It would be easy for them to check that a signal was being received from a connection in the green cabinet that was not going to a current subscriber. That is why only non paying feeds from the green cabinets are being targeted as they will be 100% sure of obtaining a conviction.

It has always been suggested that we pay minimum subs and I cannot agree more with this policy. I pay arround £50 a month to VM for all 3 and is money well spent to receive free channels. Unfortuneatly, I am moving to a new house and although cable is in the main road leading off the development VM has not laid cable, so I will be on Sky soon, and looking forward to it as I can get all 3 for about the same price I am paying VM at the moment.

James

It's not illegal to watch bbc1 and other freeview channels on your cable line if you have a tv licence.

using a freeview box that hasn't got the emu active is not illegal.

Using an old VM box to watch unsubscribed channels is not illegal.

All these methods would show up in the green box as an active signal...

So it's just not so easy to say " this line is active so we'll nick him".

It only takes 1 or 2 wrong calls and the whole thing would become a nightmare not only for VM but for the police and the cps.

Like i said... something of this magnitude will be in the papers by now or by monday .. time will tell.

As said before surely it would make sense for them to raid homes BEFORE half the boxes in uk went down as they aint got a hope in hell of a conviction if the box isn't receiving subbed channals.

Regards.

its really wierd, because some people on the forum say you cant be traced especially when you using dresmbx or other, but on the other hand some think VM can track your signal from the green boxes? so which part is really true.

btw best thing - i got the minimum package on VM and Sky :) keeps things simple

Not very good!!!

What a loot of rubbish,every time there is a change of codes the same shit happen.

Hasta la vista:Cheers::Cheers:

well, if the green box at the end of the road is for cable TV, then I saw a chap there a week before all this started.

However, I was always under the impression that the green box was for BT....

Either way, does the cable company have the resource to send people out and check all of this stuff up?

well, if the green box at the end of the road is for cable TV, then I saw a chap there a week before all this started.

However, I was always under the impression that the green box was for BT....

Either way, does the cable company have the resource to send people out and check all of this stuff up?

generally they are doing maintenance or connecting peeps or disconnecting if you sub there is no reason to check your line as there will be summit there any way

well I just took a better look at it. Its a BT cabinet, not a cable one.

So whatever the chap was doing, it would have no connection at all to this.

Hackers are parasites

Pay VM something. Hackers are parasites, if we kill our host, we all die. Let's help each other. Just get a basic package like phone only, or broadbank only. I pay around 20 quids a month for phone/Internet and free TV. From there I've got the whole lots.

So come on be a parisite!

not surprised the prat was caught...... he deserved it..... selling boxes at a fair...easy meat for virgin, still it doesnt say that anyone else was caught actually with there boxes connected to the cable network, when one person is caught, the publicity works by scaring every other person with an illegal box....
well done virgin you scared a few on here!!!!

was it on the news that a dealer got sent down for a year and his m8 got community service or something? anyone actually see it on the tv....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back