Update on arrest in west yorkshire on illegal boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEXYSAM

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just to bring you folks upto date on the arrests in Batley West Yorkshire over the use of illegal boxes.A police officer friend of mine who has been involved in these raids informs me that they are targetting people using these boxes who DONT PAY ANYTHING to Virgin.

They have information via Virgin who use these equipments ( he wouldnt tell me more as to how they detect the signal).Virgin obtain warrants from the courts prior to going around the house with a police officer.

Once at the door of the house, the warrant is shown to search the property for the illegal use of equipment to recieve free cable. They cannot be refused to enter the property, because if they are, then the householder is arrested under a different charge.

The householder is arrested, questioned and charged by the police. All the equipment is removed and the cable connection outside the house is permantly disconnected and the householder will never be allowed to a virgin account.

My pc friend informs me that that they have over 400 being targetted in Batley and neighbouring Dewsbury alone. Once they have done this, they will move to Huddersfield.He did say they are only targetting people who dont subscribe to any of Virgin services but are recieving Tv and broadband for nought.

So be aware folks, if you get a knock on the door, there is no getting away . These are true facts folk, I am not joking about it

Just to bring you folks upto date on the arrests in Batley West Yorkshire over the use of illegal boxes.A police officer friend of mine who has been involved in these raids informs me that they are targetting people using these boxes who DONT PAY ANYTHING to Virgin.

They have information via Virgin who use these equipments ( he wouldnt tell me more as to how they detect the signal).Virgin obtain warrants from the courts prior to going around the house with a police officer.

Once at the door of the house, the warrant is shown to search the property for the illegal use of equipment to recieve free cable. They cannot be refused to enter the property, because if they are, then the householder is arrested under a different charge.

The householder is arrested, questioned and charged by the police. All the equipment is removed and the cable connection outside the house is permantly disconnected and the householder will never be allowed to a virgin account.

My pc friend informs me that that they have over 400 being targetted in Batley and neighbouring Dewsbury alone. Once they have done this, they will move to Huddersfield.He did say they are only targetting people who dont subscribe to any of Virgin services but are recieving Tv and broadband for nought.

So be aware folks, if you get a knock on the door, there is no getting away . These are true facts folk, I am not joking about it

well it has always been said to have a min sub at least let vir**n get something off us are else they will go bust like on digital

michael

is this regarding people who dont have any service of them, i only have broadband :)

this does make sense, people I know who live in the area said a couple of VM Engineers were at the green box at the end of the street, so I assume they check who has an active line, check records to see if they are a valid customer and if not proceed with a warrant . does make sense now from what I have been hearing.

Got to be a tard to be runing it on a line at an address they aint getting billed to.

I#m thinking they are more likely to be detecting cloned modems aswell rather than tv boxes as they talkback

So as long as you either pay for something like broadband you will be ok? cause that is same line as t.v

well i pay them 50 odd quid a month for all 3 but if this is the end for tv with vm then personally i thinks its end of vm because realisticaly if it wasn't hackable who'd da hell would have it in there home in the first place., but back to topic, shame on those just leeching the system, they just ruin it for the rest of us.

Hmm well i see it this way, this may well be why there has been no keyroll today, it would be a waste of time them searching for active boxes if they were all off "simple logic dont you think lol":Clap:

What a lot of bullshit, stop spreading your pathetic lies, ffs.

Sounds likely, way i see it is if they go to there exchange or whatever it is and plug in a device that reads what data is going through the line and "House 69" has data going to it but no subscription then they would get a warrant.

However house number 70 has a paid subsciption for broadband but also has a "Dodgy" tv box they cannot tell whether he is using the tv or broadband they can only look at data throughput and wouldnt knock on every door as that would mean every customers door.

Didnt cable companys used to have a problem with people hacking modems and getting upto 150mb lines but they could catch you for that, so im pressuming that was also through data throughput albeit a lot larger ammount and easily noticable.

My theory anyways

Sounds likely, way i see it is if they go to there exchange or whatever it is and plug in a device that reads what data is going through the line and "House 69" has data going to it but no subscription then they would get a warrant.

However house number 70 has a paid subsciption for broadband but also has a "Dodgy" tv box they cannot tell whether he is using the tv or broadband they can only look at data throughput and wouldnt knock on every door as that would mean every customers door.

Didnt cable companys used to have a problem with people hacking modems and getting upto 150mb lines but they could catch you for that, so im pressuming that was also through data throughput albeit a lot larger ammount and easily noticable.

My theory anyways

my question is when you cancel ur subscription to VM is the line dead or just dorment ie their is still a signal going thru it, however alot of these box's dont talk back so once the signal goes down the line to the box, their is no apparent way to find out if the signal is being processed by a box again just my theory.

This jerk needds to be banned going around with a big mouth ive seen other post from him and seems to be making trouble i just hope Mods will soon remove him

So you think this is bullshit do you. what evidence do you have to support your argument?. do you live in the area?. Do you know anything different, if so please care to share it with us.My argument is supported by another member of this forum who must live in the area.

When i next see my pc friend, I will try and dig more info out of him,as to exactly what procedure they use,butr he is reluctant to share the exact info they use, just in case I tell my fiends like you and the rest of the people

local gossip, either that or your area is full of scumt traders.

well i pay them 50 odd quid a month for all 3 but if this is the end for tv with vm then personally i thinks its end of vm because realisticaly if it wasn't hackable who'd da hell would have it in there home in the first place., but back to topic, shame on those just leeching the system, they just ruin it for the rest of us.

well i would have it

michael

Hi

the originator of this post is trying to help by informing us of what he has been told, there is no need to be aggressive and rude.

This jerk needds to be banned going around with a big mouth ive seen other post from him and seems to be making trouble i just hope Mods will soon remove him

well said foxy no need for that at all

ive heard alot of rumours but this is by far the most logical and i cannot see this being just a rumour

Last edited:
Boy's & Girls lets not get carried away with this.

Personally I can't see the police getting involved in this, because their not bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back