Phone Unlocking unlocking problem

ice2004

Inactive User
Reaction score
I bought an N95 8GB which is locked on 3 network. I tried 3 to unlock this phone and they said no since i didnt have an account with them.

So i tried to buy a code off a site and they replied saying the following.

"Unlock Code Unavailable

We have refunded your order in full. Please allow 3-4 working days to see cleared funds in your account.

Why?

Unfortunately the unlock code for your IMEI number is not available.

This could be because the phone manufacturer has not yet added it to their database, it is an unsupported model, or you entered the IMEI incorrectly upon ordering.

"

Now its not an unsupported model as they clearly support it. The site was called mr unlock and has great reviews.

Anyone any idea why this is just before i buy a turbo sim?

the only way to unlock the N95 is from the network. There is no code generator out for it and if you get codes off a site they can lock your phone for good. best option is either get it from Network or turbo sim as you look like doing

the only way to unlock the N95 is from the network. There is no code generator out for it and if you get codes off a site they can lock your phone for good. best option is either get it from Network or turbo sim as you look like doing

OK thanx m8, turbo sim seems a decent option anyway :)

The 3 servers have gone down atm. None of the resellers can supply a code for 3 uk and this has been the case for a few weeks. The only way to get the 8gb unlocked atm is via DM3. most of the (good) shops offer this service now (other than the yes, tornado sims, etc).

If you unlock a handset, it will not become locked again.. 3 get miffed if you use a handset not supplied by them on their network. Using an unlocked 3 phone on another network causes no problems at all unless there is any outstanding bills on the original 3 account.

They back on line there are giving codes away now

Back