TV Wall Bracket Advice.

Kryton

<font color="PINK">I LOVE PINK</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys...
My brand new 85" TV arrives next week 😃.
But i'm a bit confused about the wall bracket to hang it on the wall.

The requirements state it needs a vesa 600x400 wall mount, thats it!.

I already have a vesa 600x400 bracket on the wall that held my 65" tv.
But when i bought the bracket it said for tv's 50" to 84"....?

So is the bracket i already have suitable?
Ive googled it until ive gone bozeyed.

I cannot find the answer anywhere, i know the bracket i have now supports upto 100KG which is more than enough weight wise...

Think you've answered your own question mate. You have the correct vesa mount so the holes will fit and you know your existing bracket can more than take the weight. 😂

Think you've answered your own question mate. You have the correct vesa mount so the holes will fit and you know your existing bracket can more than take the weight. 😂
Yes mate thats what i thought.

It was just with the mount i have saying 50" to 84" and the tv being 85"... just needed a 2nd opinion 😉

Over thinking the issue, its fine unless you were just trying for bragging rights;)
You have no idea what my mrs is like ...
I promised her if she let me buy the tv, no more holes in the wall 😂

unless you were just trying for bragging rights;)
Not at all... ive been in the market for a new qled or oled tv for a while.

I just wanted to make 100% sure the mount i have is suitable before i blow anymore on another.

I assumed 50" to 84" was just that... and how would it fit mine even though the vesa dimensions are the same.
Better to be safe than sorry 😉.

By the way... ive got a new tv... ive got a new tv.... ive got a new tv... have i said how big it was 😝.

Anyway it was either the qled tv or the Hisense 100" short throw laser projector..

But the short throw projector looks a bit involved in the set up department....

Not at all... ive been in the market for a new qled or oled tv for a while.

I just wanted to make 100% sure the mount i have is suitable before i blow anymore on another.

I assumed 50" to 84" was just that... and how would it fit mine even though the vesa dimensions are the same.
Better to be safe than sorry 😉.

By the way... ive got a new tv... ive got a new tv.... ive got a new tv... have i said how big it was 😝.

Anyway it was either the qled tv or the Hisense 100" short throw laser projector..

But the short throw projector looks a bit involved in the set up department....
If you had gone for Lg evo gallery 83 Oled you would have been really bragging….🤑 Then there’s the 97 evo gallery😳

If you had gone for Lg evo gallery 83 Oled you would have been really bragging….🤑 Then there’s the 97 evo gallery😳

No doubt, and there would of been a huge mess in my pants... and a huge hole in my wallet 😬.
Samsung is having a promotion in Currys this week... crazy prices off from the marked price, so the perfect time to buy.

But this was a genuine thread.

Why would a bracket say upto 84" if it can do 85"... makes no sense to me.

If I had room I would get a 80/90inch one but from Costco
their return/replace item within 5yrs is very good

No doubt, and there would of been a huge mess in my pants... and a huge hole in my wallet 😬.
Samsung is having a promotion in Currys this week... crazy prices off from the marked price, so the perfect time to buy.

But this was a genuine thread.

Why would a bracket say upto 84" if it can do 85"... makes no sense to me.

Maybe when you bought the bracket (for the TV your replacing) that was the range of sizes at that time, The key is the weight it is built for, I would think the size makes absolutely no difference at all.

I would never buy anything from currys, customer service is shocking at best.
He will get five year warranty with the Samsung TV so any problems Samsung will sort it out. I would imagine.

He will get five year warranty with the Samsung TV so any problems Samsung will sort it out. I would imagine.
Correct mate, came with a 5 year guarantee.
I have never had a problem with Currys in the past, i have had a recent Christmas present replaced with no fuss and i once had an LG tv from curry's that started to suffer with backlight bleed.
They came and picked it up and replaced it without any issues.

Yes mate thats what i thought.

It was just with the mount i have saying 50" to 84" and the tv being 85"... just needed a 2nd opinion 😉
Back in the day the tv size recommendations would be assuming maximum sizes based on that plasma was still widely available and popular. The spacing of the wall mounting holes would also have been a factor due to the extreme weight.

With the massive difference in weight of modern tv's only the vesa size is really critical.

Back