Tuner help needed.

Thank you guys for helping me. I had a diseqc set up before on my dm800hd. I had numbered all my sats and stored with numbers. I have only one dish 1.2m, one cable and no switches. I used to get arc better with diseqc than usals. I can't lock on any channels at the moment even when I try as suggested by alimac that's what puzzles me. When I connect my sky box I get channels.

Cant you just look at the settings on the dm800hd and then set the same or similar on the vu?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I did load the same E2 settings that I had in my dreambox. I am just wondering if for some reason tuner is ore powerful on old sky box and maybe my dish needs a bit tweak so m going to go out now and try that. Also what puzzles me is why does receiver not drive my dish to another sat. Any ideas please keep coming no matter what - thanks all

I just did auto scan of Astra 28.2E it found no service at all but my sky box showing all free channels with same cable and lnb.

So list tge setting on the dm800hd and how you've setup the vu. The other thing worth trying is taking the box to a friends house who has a static dish on 28 and see if you can scan and pick up any channels.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks I will try that in the evening. Thats 2 full days m struggling lol! Wanted to watch footy so much.

Thank you tried that but no luck. Must be something wrong because it does also not drive dish to another sat.

Does the dish move when you go in to positioner setup and hi lite position movement then press yellow or green
or if you go into sat finder and choose another sat

No the dish does not move. It just shows on receiver that it is moving but it does not drive at all.

Massa121 have you tryed a factory reset or even better reflashing your box .then go through the basic setup again just set it up for 28 east don,t load any channel list just do a manual scan see what find .mybe loading the channel list messed things up with your box. ps 2days trying i feel your pain been there myself regarards dubliner

Thanks but I have changed a images and all set up again without success. I will one more time now cause there is nothing left for me to check. I have been struggling since friday night! Only left room to eat :Biggrin2: lol! I think my tuner need some kind a driver update but don't know if a file exist and also how to do it.

You have made an error somewhere, there is no need for drivers.

I understand your physical dish setup as in attached picture

1. Check you have wired everything correctly, f plugs are connected properly, enough braid, no short circuits etc.

2. Start afresh, i.e install your image from beginning.
3. Set your tuners as follows:
3A. The one with no cable, set as not configured.
3B. The one conencted to the motor, set as in picture.
4. Transfer a motorised list.

Attachments

• Positioner USALS.jpg
    Positioner USALS.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 6
  • twin tuner_motor only.jpg
    twin tuner_motor only.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 4
Thank you I will try all above again and report. I am sure I have done all that but will check F plugs and braids my only doubt.

Done everything possible but still SNR flicks 0-99! so does not lock. Also my dish is not driving when I go to select hotbird or other sat. So disappointed I have wasted my weekend just on this issue. I have installed Black Hole 2.06 and set everything up from scratch without success. I did a scan and put a transponder frequency which my old sky box is picking a signal but this one does not. I wish I had never bought this box now.

Back