Tuner help needed.

massa121

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone help me please. I have been struggling all day. I managed to flash latest helios but my box does not catch any channel and states "Tune Failed" I even tried BH 2.06 and same but when I connect it to my freeview sky box I get channels. Does it mean I got a box with faulty tuners? Also tried different channel listings.

Re: Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

Are the tuners set to 28.2e menu-setup-service search- tuner config set both too 28.2

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

How have you set the tuners up? Also what happens when you go to the Sat Finder option, does it lock onto the sat?

Thank you both for prompt response. Yes the image comes with set up at 28.2E. I have diseqc motor and in configuration mode I have said yes. When I go to sat finder option it does not lock.

Check the cable going into the back ...
It might need to be abit longer I had that issue ..

Ok thanks I will try that & report.

Tried that it didn't work. Changed image to BH 2.07 still no luck. It is not driving my motor either to another sat so I have got something wrong. Dreambox I had never had problem in picking up channels. Any other suggestions?

I forgot to add when I press ok at a channel. I can see signal level come upto 98% for a second & disappear

So how exactly do you have the tuners setup?

Config Mode - Simple

Mode - Single

Sat - 28.2E

Send Diseqc - no

Is this right?

On Satfinder SNR keeps flicking comes upto 98% but does not lock

Not if you have motor it's not.

I've never setup a motor system so you'll have to wait for somebody else to post but you'd normally set it to say disceq and then also need to enter long and lat settings.

Found this on another forum, thanks to the poster ja5

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Then pls go on with your woolen sweater, mr. expert!

Luckily I don't own any woollen sweaters but do have a few nice nylon ones which I always rub violently before I then touch the legs of any electrical component that I am working on. In fact in a few cases the amount of static electricity generated has meant I didn't even need to use a soldering iron, so billy bargain and result.

Not if you have motor it's not.

I've never setup a motor system so you'll have to wait for somebody else to post but you'd normally set it to say disceq and then also need to enter long and lat settings.
I tried motor setting like I had in dreambox 800hd but then tried simple on only one sat Astra without success. I thank you for your assistance.

massa121: In general terms so: Configuration-search-channel single-mode-dial settings or Pocisionador engine and complete all fields. Longitude-Latitude and continuacuón be putting satellites.

Sorry didn't understand. Please can you explain it to me again? I am really struggling with this & want to watch this match this afternoon.:)

I have tried connecting to Tuner B still no joy. Please anyone can help me with tuner configuration settings?

We have established you have a motorised dish. Simple, single, 28.2, is incorrect for you.

1. How many dishes do you have?
2. What LNB do you have? ie ports on each dish?
3. How many cables do you have to your receiver?
4. Are any diseqc switches involved in your setup?
5. Was you motor setup using USALS or did you have to ave positions for each satellite.

Good morning massa121. for your motor you should put advanced then pick your satellite then switch the Diseqc 1/2 in setup. then it should show you more options.you should see pick usuls for this sat . then number it to the number you had in your orginal backup channel list. ps try use your channel list as your motor should have them alreay lockin. regards dubliner

Config Mode - Simple

Mode - Single

Sat - 28.2E

Send Diseqc - no

your settings not for a motorised set up but will indeed work 100% if dish is on 28.2e

can confirm 100%

Back