Tune Failed!

these boxes are sh**e and technomate want f***in.
we all waited for these boxes and they kept putting them back!!! payed for mine as soon as they where advertised and still had to wait 10 week or wotever it was oh!! and i never did get me free wireless.

I've got the exact problem, i'm looking to give this back to them too but i think they won't give a refund as they keep going on about its a software problem they are resolving. Its a complete joke why do they release a box if they don't even have the easy tasks sorted. I know there is software problems with a number of things eg recording but the tuner should be the first thing that should be perfect before it gets released.

look boys i can tell you all now that im 110% certain that some of these boxes have a tuner that is faulty - there are more and more people on various forums reporting the same problem - technomate better step up and sort this :

digidue you seem to have the ear of technomate can you speak to them and ask them what they intend to do ?

cheers pal

squig007

have you contacted TM and give them a chance to replace the box ?

I have similar problem. Especially in night and morning hours when the temp is lower. I think it has to do something with LNB. Some LNB's specs are not fully compatible with HD signals. I am not sure, but i suppose. I don't think that is software problem because as many time as i restart the receiver nothing changes. If it was image problem, it would be ok after 1-2 restarts. I hope it's not the tuner...

Ive read that people with official boxes and dishes are having problems with signal and breakup of picture

ok this is were im up 2 ive just done a scan and its pick up most but not all channels skysports hd3 is now showing signal at 61% and 40% on sd skysports 3 just plugged in a dream500s and the signal on sd sports 3 is 91% !!!!!

theres no point comparing what the signals say, as theyre down to the way the image is written, and compare useable signal to background noise, and the tm800 does report it being lower than it actually is

the only way to know 101% if its the tuner, is to take your receiver to a dish and lnb that you know is fine, or plug a tm800 that you know is fine, into your dish/lnb

i have numerous receivers here, and can plug them all into exactly the same dish lnb and no 2 will give the same signal reading

No not had tune failed. Please keep in mind bad weather can result in poor signal with sat services. Snow, ice, rain, wind etc all have an impact.

Did anyone bother to read this?!

Anyway if you aint happy contact TM this isnt thier contact page so if you think your hardware is faulty use the correct method to resolve hardware issues.

If you think its software related feel free to discuss.

Did anyone bother to read this?!

Anyway if you aint happy contact TM this isnt thier contact page so if you think your hardware is faulty use the correct method to resolve hardware issues.

If you think its software related feel free to discuss.

Thats why i always install a bigger dish then recommended.According to my sat meter (emitor micro+ 2) i have 11 db signal on my viasat and canal + .and if it rains ,or bad weather i still have 11-3 =8 db signal ,so i am not affected on these sats.but Digiturk dish has only 6 db ,so picture breaks sometimes due to 3db treshold.And after many months testing i can assure you that tuner is far better on TM ,then db7020,db700,db500 ,relook 200s,opticum x43 hd and slightly little better then my db800 clone!

Ok guys for all of those who have been experiencing this very annoying problem.

I have some big news.

1. Give Technomate a call (*oogle them) and explain your problem "Tune Failed". Ask to speak to Ri*hard.

They have upgraded the software of the CPU inside the box, and this job is only for technomate we CANNOT do ourselves.

This leaves for only 1 solution box replacement.
The new box comes with a new image 30/11/10 -This image will not work well with all older boxes nor will the old images work well with the new CPU software version.

2. If you live in London you can drive their yourself if outside London agree some sort of postage thing. You need your original invoice from place of purchase.

3. Box replaced with apparrently new CPU SOFTWARE version, in Menu/Information everything else looks the same.

4. Finally, 1st thing i noticed signal is fixed! Received 80% signal now and not one "Tune failed" so far.

Thank you to Technomate for actually helping the customers a shame that it's taken so long and so many people have been affected. Will not reveal any more info about new Image as don't want to spoil the grin on your face and because i still haven't tested it enough. But the promises are big. :)

I hope i have helped.

If i have hit the thanks button. Thanks.

Ok guys for all of those who have been experiencing this very annoying problem.

I have some big news.

1. Give Technomate a call (*oogle them) and explain your problem "Tune Failed". Ask to speak to Ri*hard.

They have upgraded the software of the CPU inside the box, and this job is only for technomate we CANNOT do ourselves.

This leaves for only 1 solution box replacement.
The new box comes with a new image 30/11/10 -This image will not work well with all older boxes nor will the old images work well with the new CPU software version.

2. If you live in London you can drive their yourself if outside London agree some sort of postage thing. You need your original invoice from place of purchase.

3. Box replaced with apparrently new CPU SOFTWARE version, in Menu/Information everything else looks the same.

4. Finally, 1st thing i noticed signal is fixed! Received 80% signal now and not one "Tune failed" so far.

Thank you to Technomate for actually helping the customers a shame that it's taken so long and so many people have been affected. Will not reveal any more info about new Image as don't want to spoil the grin on your face and because i still haven't tested it enough. But the promises are big. :)

I hope i have helped.

If i have hit the thanks button. Thanks.

i expect there will be an announcement shortly regarding this

very interesting maybe this CPU issue has been the reason for all the problems with this box would be interesting to know which they have changed to.

very interesting maybe this CPU issue has been the reason for all the problems with this box would be interesting to know which they have changed to.

afaik its still the same NXP processor m8, but reprogrammed at core level, which cannot be done via USB or any other form of end user reprogramming

Surely there must be some way of getting a hold of a micro jtag cable to reprogram the cpu as if the new firmware only runs on the new boxes where does that leave the rest of us lol.

I had a look but can't seem to find one and then even if you could source the cable would technomate release the files as they probably have an NDA with NXP.

This is good news from TM honouring their commitments as pros
ok long wait but it was worth it few miner things left to fix .
my box have been changed by TM and the different is unbelievable with image 30-12-10 .
menus are fast I can not see any green screens signal locks very quick channel change is good
recording as per message is working .I can record and play can not use trick mode who cars wait a bit longer that will be fixed as well .
I can watch my hd channel without any problem also record.
oki I was away for long time back full of energy to discover more of my tm800 with all these new improvements
I understood that programming CPU was the final work and it has to be done
in engineer level with lots of sophisticated and very expensive tools.
it was not something that I could have done with my £50 jtag more of £15000 tools as it was CPU programming .
thanks to TM for their hard work and persistence:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::banana:

With positive news...

With all due respect that's nothing new!

"Fantstic, best box ever and you're stupid for dare thinking otherwise, I've beta tested and it's the best ever, you all wait until <enter date here>, you'll see."

Been here and disappointed so many times before so excuse me if I take anything this guy says with a pinch of salt.

Deja vu anyone?

blokeinkentas per my post tested my box fully I have 100% confidence in what I have written
if you doubt and have tm800 then get it fixed by TM and tested your self
this might change your pessimistic view about their hard work,
unless you have not got tm800 then stop making comments
TM has come out with solution do you have any problem with that
TM with best service best hardware now coming out with much better image
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

Back