Trying to setup TM Twin

this thread has far reaching implications which go far beyond this forum and it's dislike for TM hardware.
its not the forum itself that has a dislike
its the members that use the receivers that post there experiences, including myself
but that a whole different matter :)

I truly hope ViX get to the bottom of this and get the answers mate, I personally think ViX should know the truth

well i hope that this is all a misunderstanding because im really looking forward to the vix image release, if it is the vix image and was brought from TM i hope that it was just a mistake on their behalf and a box that they was testing the image on accidently got sent to a customer rather than them jumping the gun and putting the images on the boxes to sell.

what ever the outcome i just hope that vix continue with making the image as if TM have screwed up then it will only be us end users that have purchased the box that will lose out for their mistake

this could be the end for tm - Tm's future in my opinion was counting on this vix image as it would be a game changer for them in linux boxes , if they have fuc**d this up then its their fault knowbody else has done this only them . By Richards silence here and on the TM forum its beginning to look like they ae guilty but i truley hope not becuase i like many others where so looking forward to this image and wanted this box to suceeed !!

Confused not as much as ME, being fairly new decided to ask for help and if you read my history you will see I have had TM800, TM5302HD, TM7100 HD and now TM Twin.
I asked for help Monday evening with TM Twin as soon as I setup, stating I had VIX software,
Well if someone had offered help instead of making me think I had something illegal this thread would have finished on page1.
So sorry for all of the fuss the Image in my Tm Twin is as per attachment it is VIX Open IQ image all I wanted was some advice but it seems the word VIX set temperatures boiling so I would thank Rat & Manic1 for trying to slow everybody down and helping a newbie with a Twin as stated I am up and running without any help from this forum.
I was worried by some of the remarks which almost came over as threats and was not prepared to go any further until I new what I was doing. (Had I known that at the start I wouldn't have needed to start thread)
Why put the cart before the horse, you could have stopped me making a fool of myself by helping me setup and making inquiries at the same time then the answers would have been there for us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confused not as much as ME, being fairly new decided to ask for help and if you read my history you will see I have had TM800, TM5302HD, TM7100 HD and now TM Twin.
I asked for help Monday evening with TM Twin as soon as I setup, stating I had VIX software,
Well if someone had offered help instead of making me think I had something illegal this thread would have finished on page1.
So sorry for all of the fuss the Image in my Tm Twin is as per attachment it is VIX Open IQ image all I wanted was some advice but it seems the word VIX set temperatures boiling so I would thank Rat & Manic1 for trying to slow everybody down and helping a newbie with a Twin as stated I am up and running without any help from this forum.
I was worried by some of the remarks which almost came over as threats and was not prepared to go any further until I new what I was doing. (Had I known that at the start I wouldn't have needed to start thread)
Why put the cart before the horse, you could have stopped me making a fool of myself by helping me setup and making inquiries at the same time then the answers would have been there for us all.View attachment 66971

Thats not a ViX image lol, its an older IQ image based on open vix. Drama over! There some newer open pli image that digidude and some others have created which are better. I suggest you try one of those.

Thanks Bally, Squig007 and Manic1 not bothering to change as it's working fine, that's all I wanted in first place.
It's not so much the defensive it's the attacking in the first place.
If you would like to tell me how to get a copy you're welcome to my VIX software
Speak to you when I get my next TM
Regards and I hope everybody has learnt from this post and I don't mean technically

well it's not ViX just the IQ version, but if you had answered my PM when i asked you for a little more information this whole thread could have been avoided.

I bite my tongue so as not to bite off more than I can chew, if this offends people Tough shit.
All's well that ends well (I guess)

I speak my mind and thus have a tendency to offend people. Tough shit =] If me telling you the truth is the worst thing that happened in your day, be thankful.

I did ask very nicely and politely, i wanted to get the facts right without dragging things through the public forum i explained who i was and why i needed to know the information i was asking but going by your above answer it would indeed seem as though you had a ulterior motive to create this thread. if it was to cause tension between TM and the only serious Image developers to start working on the project then congratulations, i tip my hat to you and the untold damage you have done.

as for all ending well ???.

Last edited:
The confusion in this thread has been caused by something which i pointed out about 2 months ago, as well as people misunderstanding each others intentions as well

im happy its all sorted, and i really hope the ViX-TM relationship recovers from it

Other than PHOENIX's tone in a couple of posts (for his own reasons) I don't see why this has happened. EVERY other person had explained that YOU had done nothing wrong AND explained why we were asking for your version, both for beta reasons AND how to offer help. From what you did reveal it looked like you could've had a buggy beta so why would people start going down the looong road of possible solutions when you wouldn't answer the first question that needed answering.... 'what version?'

If you don't respond to peoples questions when they've told you why they're asking then why blame a whole forum of users who are trying to help YOU because one poster seemed to have an attitude?

Very odd person.

I accept what you say and offer my apologies to ALL I've offended
I'm telling you now there was NO ulterior motives in my cry for help!
When I read my system it said VIX, I can't delete that or change my request at the start of this thread
HOW I WISH I COULD (It would take some of the egg off my face)
I think it's best dropped now and everybody gets back to helping one another

Could one of the Mods delete the pictures with IP address on it.

Even if it was the official Vix beta image, nobody had said it was the OP's fault. By the way, it is not a Vix image, it is an IQ image based on OpenVix

As there are a couple types of images, it would be better for all to say what image they are using.

from reading what phoneix has said i think there may be trouble done already between tm and vix i pray it's sorted out beacuse we need that vix image on the twin or its fuc**D !!

what over this thread ?
if so, it was a mis understanding nothing major

if not, then I dont want to know anyway

Back