Trying to setup TM Twin

Seems this thread is like the England Team everyone playing for themselves then when a problem crops up we all shout foul. It would have been nice for someone to try and help instead of saying what you've got is out of order / shouldn't be allowed??

I'm sorry you feel that way mate but you couldn't be further from the truth. There's a long history with both this and TM's previous product, and it's actually people from several different groups trying to act precisely as a team to protect it's integrity against a minority (not you) threatening to damage it.

The image you have indicated as having has not been released yet. In recent weeks there have been many different builds from the development team, sometimes daily to debug and build upon errors. Until you tell anyone what version you're running they cannot give you proper support, and the likelihood is you're running a version littered with bugs which have since been resolved. They may not be showing clearly but if in a couple of weeks you hit a button that loses you all your recordings, trashes your drive or worse fook the box (yes it happens) - how pissed off will you be? and you could then, quite rightly due to circumstance, slag the box off and start recommending to others not to use it because of a, b , c - if that sounds crazy to you then you only have to look at the TM800 where people paid £250 for a box that still doesn't work properly 2 years down the line because it's been vilified so badly that no other developer will touch it with a barge poll.... Vix release their products when they think they're ready to a standard which they've worked hard to achieve. Something like this is enough to piss them off and lose the only proper 3rd party developer to take a chance and touch a TM product in years. Don't you think it should be nipped in the bud now?

For the record I am nothing to do with Vix but do own a Twin and am a beta tester for the iQ images.... my concerns are for the product and users like you and I.

To say again, YOU have done nothing wrong and nobody is blaming you for the software you've received on your box.

Not sure what to do for the best, Rat you helped SPARKY setup what was he using.
Seems this thread is like the England Team everyone playing for themselves then when a problem crops up we all shout foul. It would have been nice for someone to try and help instead of saying what you've got is out of order / shouldn't be allowed??
I hope that perhaps somewhere along the line a Senior member will agree.

Regards

Sometimes its better to remain silent and let people think you are a fool
than speakout and remove all doubt.

No one is having a pop at you mate, but how can someone help one you have something that shouldnt be out there and isnt supported by anyone other than vix beta team. If its anything like the ViX image for the VU boxes it should be pretty straight forward. As I am on a fixed dish I cant answer your question but im sure someone can. As for the image you got, either you got a very crafty seller or TM have gone against their word with ViX either way your werent to know so chill and enjoy your box. I would say this though, dont expect it to be 100% working as VIX havent released a public image so what you have got no matter what version might have functions or features missing and thats could be the reason you cant set it up the way you want.

Thanks for reply, I appreciate all of your comments, I to have been through the MILL
Started with TM 800HD then TM 7100HD then TM5302 HD now the TM TWIN OE.
I am sorry that I missed helping the latest post with member asking for help with TM Twin.
The thing about it is that somewhere along the line software has to be tested look at the problems with the 800 I still have mine and it now seems to be behaving it'self.

Regards & thanks again

without going into too much detail and breaking confidentialities.

if you have a ViX beta image on your TM TWIN you have a incomplete, unfinished image that is very buggy and unstable due to problems with the hardware drivers and bootloader etc, which is the reason it has not been released to the general public. The whole reason we test images before release is so that we dont release something that has the potential to destroy your receiver.

I cant really say any more and have likely said too much but if you could please answer the pm i sent you last night, i would very much appreciate that.

well it seems your not going to reply to my pm then, so was this a ploy by you to stir something up between ViX and TM ?.

Not sure what to do for the best,
Sometimes its better to remain silent and let people think you are a fool
than speakout and remove all doubt.

reading a previous post I dont think he wants to get caught up in the TM bullsh*t they get themselves into tbh, I cant say I blame him

In my opinion, the details of the shipped image should be posted publicly.

There are many disappointed/anxious people particularly as it has been confirmed TM are also on another tangent.

More importantly, if the only realistic development is going to stop, non-owners need to know the state of play before they commit their money.

Until you can provide a screen shot I will assume you dont have vix image and probably have openpli image with night skin... I doubt boxes are being shipped with ViX image as well but theres only one way to find out and thats for someone to buy one lol and post back.

I will just continue to wait for official release.

lol why should anyone doubt him ? maybe TM shipped it out with this image by mistake ?

lol why should anyone doubt him ? maybe TM shipped it out with this image by mistake ?

which is why i pm'd him to ascertain the facts before this incident results in irrevocable damage between ViX and TM or does no one want a working image for the TM ?.

I can understand ViX's concerns PHEONIX
has anyone involved with ViX contacted TM themselves?

I can understand ViX's concerns PHEONIX
has anyone involved with ViX contacted TM themselves?

of course, but there are always two sides to a story and frankly after kicking up this little sh#t storm for the op to suddenly decide to clam up speaks volumes in it self.

he didnt mean to stir up a storm though mate

Just setting up tonight, the Image is Virtuoso Extreme
Managed to put in cccam file using Filezilla but nothing???
Network seems okay as I used Filezilla to connect

Also would like to set tuner as per my Tm800 HD as follows

my system is like yours.motorised dish has Twin lnb,fixed dish has multi lnb(5/7east,1.0 w and HB connected as 5/7 on aa.1.0w ab and hb ba and the 1 from motorised as BB (using a 4ways diseqc).So you need to use ADVANCE mode on your TM,and choose LNB 1(AA) for fixed dish and all other sats as LNB2 and BB as diseqc port.then you will get every sat that motorised dish point at that time.

But when I tried I lost Astra 28.e

Hope you can help

he is just asking for help stating what image he is using, everyone else is creating the storm ?

he didnt mean to stir up a storm though mate

he is just asking for help stating what image he is using, everyone else is creating the storm ?

yes i agree, i asked him in a pm a few simple questions which would have been kept in strict confidence but he refused to answer so as far as i'm concerned he's either a liar or out to cause trouble either way i'm done with this thread.

To be fair non of this is the OPs fault and the scare mongering and demending answers would be daunting to anyone so everyone just take a chill pill and see what happens. This has now gone blatantly off topic. So if anyone can help with OPs orignial post then reply if not then just enjoy reading or start a new thread.

You need to know what image is running though to be able to help properly.
If he indeed has a Vix beta image with the latest drivers/bootloader, it is miles better than the last IQ one.

I certainly did not mean my reply to be aggressive and if it is i apologise, I actually had no intention of participating in this thread But, whether or not the OP intended to start a argument this thread has far reaching implications which go far beyond this forum and it's dislike for TM hardware. all i asked in the PM was if he could go into Menu> information> about and tell me if it was a ViX image, and if it was where did he buy the machine ?. was it from a shop ? the internet? etc etc etc. we only want to know if this is a ViX image and if so where did it come from.

and yes to the op you really have kicked the hornets nest, in fact you rolled over it with a bulldozer.

Back