Trying to setup TM Twin

riscatto

DW Member +
Reaction score
Just setting up tonight, the Image is Virtuoso Extreme
Managed to put in cccam file using Filezilla but nothing???
Network seems okay as I used Filezilla to connect

Also would like to set tuner as per my Tm800 HD as follows

my system is like yours.motorised dish has Twin lnb,fixed dish has multi lnb(5/7east,1.0 w and HB connected as 5/7 on aa.1.0w ab and hb ba and the 1 from motorised as BB (using a 4ways diseqc).So you need to use ADVANCE mode on your TM,and choose LNB 1(AA) for fixed dish and all other sats as LNB2 and BB as diseqc port.then you will get every sat that motorised dish point at that time.

But when I tried I lost Astra 28.e

Hope you can help

Virtuoso Extreme? Isnt that ViX? They havent released an image yet so guessing your using a beta which might be outdated and have bugs?

Just setting up tonight, the Image is Virtuoso Extreme
Managed to put in cccam file using Filezilla but nothing???
Network seems okay as I used Filezilla to connect

Also would like to set tuner as per my Tm800 HD as follows

my system is like yours.motorised dish has Twin lnb,fixed dish has multi lnb(5/7east,1.0 w and HB connected as 5/7 on aa.1.0w ab and hb ba and the 1 from motorised as BB (using a 4ways diseqc).So you need to use ADVANCE mode on your TM,and choose LNB 1(AA) for fixed dish and all other sats as LNB2 and BB as diseqc port.then you will get every sat that motorised dish point at that time.

But when I tried I lost Astra 28.e

Hope you can help

Where did you get the image from?

Image on box NEW from TM, Yes it is VIX (Virtuosso Image Xtreme)
When in Filezilla can see Enigma2 Folder??

Seems SPARKY had same trouble with VIX in thread (Help needed for Twin OE)
With Rats help got going, but didn't post HOW???

As far as I'm aware that image shouldn't even be in public circulation yet so perhaps you could ask whoever you bought it from to help you set it up seeing as they can't wait :)

It's got to be out as I've got it and so has Sparky, also Rat seemed to know a bit about setting it up.
Is there a way I can back up mine and send it to you, if you would like to experiment?
Regards and thanks for reply

So tm are now shipping them with vix image loaded, that'll upset people

TM were selling the receivers with IQ beta images even when testing was not completed so no surprise there. However, if he tested an image with the splash screen and installed one without it, it is easy to get the wrong end of the stick. The IQ images are based on Openvix so similarities would be there. Could you go to the information page and post the exact details? You can backup an image using the image manager option.

Rat sold his TM-Twin-OE and declined one.

The Vix images do not come with softcams installed. You will need to install them and not just the config files. There are links to the 4shared folder on their forum.

thats true vix images dont come with softcams so thats why it isnt working - i really hope Richard hasnt leaked the image before official relase as this will not go down to well ???

Hope I haven't stirred up a Hornets nest?
Will post full details tonight, there is a fair chance I've got it wrong
Just read what it said on boot up not from system menu
Regards

So tm are now shipping them with vix image loaded, that'll upset people
I thought the very same when I read this last night but kept my thoughts to myself
it'll never change ;)

Regards

Menu > information> about.

This will tell you what image it is and the build version etc.

Regards

Menu > information> about.

This will tell you what image it is and the build version etc.

Post a screenshot if you can

if it says 'virtuoso image extreme' then its a vix image. the information / about screen will say exactly which build, and from that people in the know will be able to work out the date the image was created, and even fewer people, will know if this specific image build was given to TM 'for testing'

but for even one single person to receive a 'new' receiver with an unreleased image on it, direct from TM, is quite worrying tbh

Think I'll keep quiet, thought the idea of these forums were to show the way forward and not upset members.
All I will say is that I downloaded softcams edited and installed using Filezilla. Worked fine.
Then seemed to be able to get to channel data with DB Edit.
But haven't tried setting own bouquets.
Perfectly willing to give all the help and information I can as others have helped me.

Think I'll keep quiet, thought the idea of these forums were to show the way forward and not upset members.
All I will say is that I downloaded softcams edited and installed using Filezilla. Worked fine.
Perfectly willing to give all the help and information I can as others have helped me.

so is it a ViX image or not ?. and dont worry your not causing trouble but we would like to get the facts rite.

Last edited:

It's not you mate, you've done nothing wrong. In the long run we're trying to see if morally somone's jumped the gun and also people like you aren't spending your money on a machine with sub-standard software on it.

you done nothing wrong mate, you bought a box and asked for help when you got stuck

but to get the best help you have to know the image being used

Not sure what to do for the best, Rat you helped SPARKY setup what was he using.
Seems this thread is like the England Team everyone playing for themselves then when a problem crops up we all shout foul. It would have been nice for someone to try and help instead of saying what you've got is out of order / shouldn't be allowed??
I hope that perhaps somewhere along the line a Senior member will agree.

Regards

Sometimes its better to remain silent and let people think you are a fool
than speakout and remove all doubt.

Back