Trouble with CCcam mgcamd on TM800

doodleface

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,

Been reading hundreds of posts over the last day or so trying to configure the TM800 to work with cccam/mgcamd but no luck whatsoever. Would really appreciate some help. I've installed multiple images on the box and that isn't having any effect. I'll go through what I do step by step in the hope that somebody can provide some insight as to what I'm doing wrong.

Step 1: Install an image onto the receiver
Step 2: Factory reset the receiver
Step 3: Scan for channels on the satellite
Step 4: Update the CCcam.cfg file in /etc using Notepad ++ in the following format:

N: example.domain.com 00000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Restart the TM800 but it doesn't seem to do anything, won't descramble.

I've tried restarting the cccam server from blue button and I get nothing. Then I tried changing to mgcamd, and I left the CCcam.cfg file as it was and edited the newcamd.list file in /usr/keys. Tried two things here:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = example.domain.com 00000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1
CWS_MULTIPLE = 127.0.0.1 15000:15001 dummy dummy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server2

In the above I edited the second last line with my own info but left everything else in tact. This didn't work so I deleted everything apart from the 3rd line and restarted, that didn't work either.

In terms of network tests I've tried with both DHCP on and off and the box is getting an IP address assigned. Tried with the latest images, both modified and unmodified. The only thing I have changed on an unmodified firmware when installed is installing the fantastic Rat channel lists.

I also tried updating the lines via miniweb. In the latest images this causes the miniweb for me to hang and crash although the lines do get added. When looking at the lines via FTP however there seem to be thousands of lines of garbage data taking the filesize up to around 2MB. This stuff isn't there when updating via FTP it just literally gets added on in the miniweb interface.

Oh and I also know about the Mg_cfg file, it's supposed to be important but I have no clue if anything needs changing in there. The only setting I play around with is the dreambox setting, where I can set it to autodetect or set it to dreambox. I've tried both but no change.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and hopefully shed some light on the matter.

Thanks a lot

Hi mate, thanks very much for taking the time to reply

I have actually tried both values in my mg_cfg file, both 0 and 6 and it is actually on 6 at the moment. I have read that post before but one thing I missed though is the part where it says:

"if you set it to 06 dreambox/mips it will work fine as long as you have enter the correct setting in the newcamd.list. file "

Is there a specific setting that I need to change in the newcamd.list file apart from what I've got which is:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = example.domain.com 00000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1 (this is the only line I modified, added the actual domain/IP the port the username and password, and kept the DES Key the same and the lan server1 at the end.)
CWS_MULTIPLE = 127.0.0.1 15000:15001 dummy dummy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server2

Also tried just adding an N-Line on CCCam.cfg, deleted everything on that file and literally just added one line with basically:

N: example.domain.com 00000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Went to blue button and turned CCcam on restarted the box but nothing.

Appreciate your input mate. Thanks

My newcamd.list is the same apart from...

CWS = example.domain.com 00000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1

...using ip instead of domain and don't have lan server1 on the end and it all works fine without tweaking anything else that isn't default.

I know this sounds like a noob mistake but have you tried pinging your CS address itself to see if it is resolving properly and no issues their end?

My newcamd.list is the same apart from...

...using ip instead of domain and don't have lan server1 on the end and it all works fine without tweaking anything else that isn't default.

I know this sounds like a noob mistake but have you tried pinging your CS address itself to see if it is resolving properly and no issues their end?

Hi, I am a noob pretty much so input like that is helpful. As it stands however I know the server is up and running, having upgraded from a TM500 where it is working fine and pinging the address through a cmd.

Following your advice I removed the "lan server1" from the end of the line and also swapped the domain for its IP address, both in the CCcam.cfg file and the newcamd.list file but still no success unfortunately.

also another blindingly obvious question but is the network connecting and working properly on the TM800HD

Agree with VectorZ
check network settings and see if connection is active
there is an opption in there for network test :)

If you are using the box as a client only and wish to use mgcamd instead of cccam then just create a file called cccamd.list, in the same folder as your newcamd.list, and put your cline from the server in it,I also always set the G setting in mg_cfg to {32} :)

Thanks for the wonderful response so far.

In response to Rat, I have tested the network settings several times and always experiment with DHCP on and off, whenever I tested the settings though everything comes up with a tick apart from nameserver (or DHCP if I've turned it off). Nameserver doesn't resolve however and I never thought anything of it as it was getting an IP address, might this be an issue? When you say test whether it is active do you mean obtaining an IP address? The nameserver doesn't seem to resolve either with DHCP on or off but checking the settings on it it is 192.168.1.1 which is the same address I use to access my router. Now that everybody has mentioned it though I hope it's me being a complete twat ignoring the nameserver stuff and it's a simple fix?

In response to wiz569 thanks for the advice, I added a cccamd.list file in the same folder as my newcamd.list which I didn't have before, although it still isn't working.

I'm using mgcamd130d or CCcam221 by the way they were integrated with the firmware. The only thing I haven't done is changed the mg_cfg value to 32.

By the way thanks to everybody taking the time out to help troubleshoot this I am really grateful.

Edit: Although when I run the network wizard it says I am connected to the internet, and when I run the network test I have an IP. When I click SW Update on the Network Configuration screen it says No Internet, Press Exit to Exit so not sure what that's about.

Last edited:
mate upgrade mgcamd to 1.35a should sort it out. download it straight to the box that will also prove if you have internet access.

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply. I've tried upgrading on the latest firmware and it keeps getting stuff telling me that maybe I need an ipkg update. I can't install anything it keeps telling me that. Would it help if I updated it manually? Also, I did the network test again and the nameserver came up OK as well this time, although the rest of the test is really quick and nameserver takes ages to test but did connect eventually.

Had a play with one of these boxes over the weekend tried a couple of images etc but did not do a factory reset after loading the image,also found filzilla best for loading lines etc used cccam 221 and mgcamd 129 every thing worked well

Connected the TM500 back for now which had been factory reset, connected via FTP with FileZilla, edited the cccam.cfg file scanned for channels restarted the box and it worked perfectly first time so I know it's not a problem with the server or the credentials.

What I might try is the box at a friends house and see if lets me download updates for things like mgcamd, if it does then I think it must be a problem with the box and the network I have, if not then I have no clue why the N line won't start with at least Cccam as shouldn't I only need to edit the CCcam.cfg file and nothing else in order to get it working through there? Mgcamd as far as I've read needs the newcamd.list the mfg file and also added the cccam.list file in the mix but wasn't working but really cccam should be working off the bat I'd have thought. Just thinking aloud here hoping anybody can add their thoughts.

Cheers

Hi m8 if I were you I would reflash the box just to be sure somthing didnt go worn in the first flash. Try digidudes back up image as it has everthing preloaded including plugins etc, all you will need to do is enter your line details. https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/267920/

Last edited by a moderator:
try an older ccam like 2.1.4 nlines wont work on some Cccam cams 2.2.1 wont work in some boxes like dm 500 so i would imagine it cant work properly with mgcam + ccam

Cheers Alex, I'll give that a whirl. I'm guessing I'd connect to the box via telnet using PuTTY, where would I be able to get the files for older CCcams from can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help cuebase, I tried 3 different images including the digidude backup but for some reason it still won't start for me. Would flashing it from the miniweb/miniroot interface help do you think rather than via USB?

Could be way off the mark here but are you using the same flines or clines on the new box that you have worling on the 500?
Could it be a mac address issue? Have heard of similar problems in other threads. Sorted out by rebooting the router.

Cheers Alex, I'll give that a whirl. I'm guessing I'd connect to the box via telnet using PuTTY, where would I be able to get the files for older CCcams from can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help cuebase, I tried 3 different images including the digidude backup but for some reason it still won't start for me. Would flashing it from the miniweb/miniroot interface help do you think rather than via USB?

USB is probably the most reliable method of installing. Do a Full Factory Reset (for what it's worth) before and after reflashing. I know I knowl... but clapping your hands 3 times and spinning around might be a bit more lucky ;)

You can grab IPK's for different CCcam versions from here. Before going the manual route though, look in the Blue button downloads and if you have DW plugin installed, swap Blue button sites to DW's and try there

Thanks VectorZ, I don't mind factory resetting before and after and 5 times in between if somehow it starts working I'm willing to try voodoo at this stage.

@IANB : yep mate exactly the same nline, I disconnected the TM800 and connected the TM500 and it worked immediately with the same server, port, username and password.

I will try it with the different IPKs that you've shown me but after all this I'm guessing with so many different images and nothing doing it may be something to do with the network although I've no idea what. I'm not sure how it would be able to obtain an IP address but not connect to the internet (if that is the case). It's wired directly to the router so not exactly a problem with WiFi or MAC Filters etc. Will try it out on the weekend and post my results.

Cheers for the input everybody :)

Back