TRIAX TRI-LINK Kit anyone used one??

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
TRIAX TRI-LINK Kit

has anyone used one of these?? im thinking of getting one as i want to get my v+ picture in the bedroom. my only question is will the picture be in widescreen if i use one??

thanks

please ignor it will do it in widescreen.

Never used one mate.

Looks like it's doing a few things, generally Triax make decent equipment (some may not agree lol).

So let's get this right then:

It has IR control via IR emitters,
It also has a sky RF2 (9V) control,
It has an UHF Modulator ??? (i noticed it said uhf output on the picture)
It also has a scart loop

Becareful with IR emitters, some can be crap and just don't work, so hopefully it comes complete, and IR receivers are even more flaky brand to brand.

With the UHF modulator is this going to output an analogue channel onto the TV??? do new TV's come with Analogue still??? will they be fazed out???

What is the purpose for you to be using this Rawsy?

Mick

iv used a couple where the houses had sky boxs with sky eye ir's in other rooms, i took sky box out put in dm500 attached the Triax, eventually worked out that the ir sensor coming from the triax unit had to be stuck to the front of the dm500 directly over its ir sensor,, defo a usefull piece off kit for controling any box from other rooms, worked flawless

Never used one mate.

Looks like it's doing a few things, generally Triax make decent equipment (some may not agree lol).

So let's get this right then:

It has IR control via IR emitters,
It also has a sky RF2 (9V) control,
It has an UHF Modulator ??? (i noticed it said uhf output on the picture)
It also has a scart loop

Becareful with IR emitters, some can be crap and just don't work, so hopefully it comes complete, and IR receivers are even more flaky brand to brand.

With the UHF modulator is this going to output an analogue channel onto the TV??? do new TV's come with Analogue still??? will they be fazed out???

What is the purpose for you to be using this Rawsy?

Mick

the reason i was looking at this is for my cable box to be fed upstairs. i was having problems getting widescreen on the upstairs tv and had tried a few solutions but none worked.
It turns out it was just a strange way of entering the settings my the v+ box that was the problem. i am now using an old vcr to modulate the scart output from the v+ and a powermid ir repeater basicall to do the same job as the trilink kit.
i posted this and realised what the issue was a few mins later lol.
I might have still bought the unit if only to cut down on mains plugs and use of space near my tv but as you have mentioned is anologue even going to be used by the next gen tv's? i doubt it so i opted not spend any more money. a version of this with a dvb-t modualtor would be sweet but probably expensive.

Back