Triax td 110

I tried this after I read it and found it beneficial. Stick a couple of penny washers between the arm and the bracket at the rear. This will raise the position of the LNB slightly and should improve things for you. Easy enough to undo if no benefit to you.

Tried that M8 signal got worse I'm getting there quietly got HotBird as well as Thor will try Astra 28.2 and 19.2e later might still have to tweak a little bit.

Thanks again for all the advice guys.

Update :

Put the dish on the pole on a k and 2 t brackets have tried it on usals and DiSEqC 1.2 no signal.

Usals is 51n .3w pole is level and when i send it to zero it looks fine

Dish angle is 26.

I know the spiderbox is OK because the old dish had a dual lnb and one of the feeds i have used for freesat on my sky dish took it from my tv to spiderbox signal 80% quality 75%.

I have run a twin wf100 cable up to the motor and it works fine.

I hvve phoned a local installer who can't come till Thursday i will wait till then.

Update :

Put the dish on the pole on a k and 2 t brackets have tried it on usals and DiSEqC 1.2 no signal.

Usals is 51n .3w pole is level and when i send it to zero it looks fine

Dish angle is 26.

I know the spiderbox is OK because the old dish had a dual lnb and one of the feeds i have used for freesat on my sky dish took it from my tv to spiderbox signal 80% quality 75%.

I have run a twin wf100 cable up to the motor and it works fine.

I hvve phoned a local installer who can't come till Thursday i will wait till then.

if you say the pole is 100% plumb in all directions, the lat is correct on the motor and lat/long is in the stb then you have done all the hard work. take no notice of the dish elevation and just peak the signal on 1 west until you cant get any more. once you have it maxed out on 1 west all the other sats fall into place when using usals. make sure the installer shows you all the sats from 46east to 45west and make sure you see badr4 ect... im not trying to scare you but some installs ive seen by so called professionals are very poor and a diy,er could do better. personally i think you should persevere but its your cash,regards mdt

Mdt:

Thanks for replying M8 will try thor before it gets dark.

My niece's husband has said he will give me a hand tomorrow afternoon if still no joy

if the pole is 100%, there are 4 other 'settings' that could still be wrong, and youll get your 1st bird perfect, but others will then 'drift' away from the signal as the dish moves, and, depending on what one of these 4 is wrong, each one will give a different result. if the center line of the motor isnt facing due south, then youll drift off signals, this is fixed by adjusting the horizontal positioning of the motor on the mounting pole. if the dish isnt pointing 'true' from the center of the motor pole, then you will drift off the signals, this is fixed by adjusting the horizontal positioning of the dish on the motor pole. If the vertical elevation of the motor is wrong, youll drift off signals, this is fixed by adjusting the vertical mount on the motor bracket, and finally, if the elevation of the dish is wrong, youll drift off the signals, this is fixed by adjusting the elevation bracket on the back of the dish, which in a TD110 is a right pain in the arse, they are the worst dishes EVER for fine tweaking

each adjustment, when 'off' gives a different result, and a picture is on DW that i uploaded years ago, explaining how to check whats wrong, and what adjustment is needed to fix it, and while it is possible to DIY it, there IS a lot of trial and error involved. Its not as easy as 'set to 1W and youre done' (i actually use 28.2E as the first of 3 main sats during my motorised installs) as youre lining up a fixed dish at first, then you need to 'tweak' the other settings so the dish follows the satellite arc correctly.

ive been to installs done by 'a professional' where 1W is booming in, but, 5E and 5W has no signal at all, along with every other satellite in the arc.

only going by your first photos (and as pointed out) your motor elevation is way too low, but, once this is brought up, your dish elevation will be slightly too high, im 51.7N and once the motor is set, the dish face should be nearly vertical on 1W

this will help to fine tune the dish ;)

motorised%20dish%20table%20.jpg

Axis inclination is the vertical adjustment of the motor bracket
Inclination is the vertical adjustment of the dish itself
Mount rotation is adjusting the motor on the mounting pole

this assumes the dish is fitted 'true' to the center line of the motor pole

EDIT: another pic

adjarcsr.jpg

Last edited:
if the pole is 100%, there are 4 other 'settings' that could still be wrong, and youll get your 1st bird perfect, but others will then 'drift' away from the signal as the dish moves, and, depending on what one of these 4 is wrong, each one will give a different result. if the center line of the motor isnt facing due south, then youll drift off signals, this is fixed by adjusting the horizontal positioning of the motor on the mounting pole. if the dish isnt pointing 'true' from the center of the motor pole, then you will drift off the signals, this is fixed by adjusting the horizontal positioning of the dish on the motor pole. If the vertical elevation of the motor is wrong, youll drift off signals, this is fixed by adjusting the vertical mount on the motor bracket, and finally, if the elevation of the dish is wrong, youll drift off the signals, this is fixed by adjusting the elevation bracket on the back of the dish, which in a TD110 is a right pain in the arse, they are the worst dishes EVER for fine tweaking

each adjustment, when 'off' gives a different result, and a picture is on DW that i uploaded years ago, explaining how to check whats wrong, and what adjustment is needed to fix it, and while it is possible to DIY it, there IS a lot of trial and error involved. Its not as easy as 'set to 1W and youre done' (i actually use 28.2E as the first of 3 main sats during my motorised installs) as youre lining up a fixed dish at first, then you need to 'tweak' the other settings so the dish follows the satellite arc correctly.

ive been to installs done by 'a professional' where 1W is booming in, but, 5E and 5W has no signal at all, along with every other satellite in the arc.

only going by your first photos (and as pointed out) your motor elevation is way too low, but, once this is brought up, your dish elevation will be slightly too high, im 51.7N and once the motor is set, the dish face should be nearly vertical on 1W

nicely explained m8... i agree the triax is a pain in the arse i forget that not everyone has done loads of installs and take it as a given that the motor stub is center, lat is correct and the dish/motor brackets are square on/straight ect. @mattchris patience,patience and more patience is the key and you will get a tracking great once all the settings are correct. regards mdt

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the advice guys:

Altered the angle of the dish got 80%signal and 70% Quality on my spiderbox 6000 this the maximum reading you will get after reading up on it.

Done it last night got 28.2E, 19.2E, HOTBIRD and THOR. will try other sat tomorrow saved myself £45.00

Back