Missing transponders?

headwest

Inactive User
Reaction score
I set up a 1.1m triax with inverto black ultra and tm2600 motor yesterday. I also put a zone 2 dish with quad on same pole. Aligned motorised as usual on thor checked from 30w to 42e and picking up the usual sats. However on 28.2e im missing 2 tps 11739v and 11758h. All other channels are fine anyone any suggestions im thinking must be something wrong with lnb. I did check alignment at 28.2 but it was perfect enough which was as expected as it was tracking the arc ok?

Forgot to add that these tps cleared ok using the zone 2 dish.

I set up a 1.1m triax with inverto black ultra and tm2600 motor yesterday. I also put a zone 2 dish with quad on same pole. Aligned motorised as usual on thor checked from 30w to 42e and picking up the usual sats. However on 28.2e im missing 2 tps 11739v and 11758h. All other channels are fine anyone any suggestions im thinking must be something wrong with lnb. I did check alignment at 28.2 but it was perfect enough which was as expected as it was tracking the arc ok?

Forgot to add that these tps cleared ok using the zone 2 dish.

What receiver was in use and also did you check to see if you could find similar transponders on a different sat with the same SR and FEC just to rule out the LNB

my guess is the lnb as i have had problems with 2 different ones on my td110, 1 txp on hotbird gave no reading and 11.222.h on eutelsat28a was 5db down on what it should have been(6db when should have been 11db) regards mdt

Thanks for the reply m8. Stb was a Protek 9760. After installing i just zapped through the usual sats to prove alignment. It was 8pm when the problem was found so i just moved to 28.2 and checked alignment and it was spot on. I'd had a long day and wanted to get home. I thought it lnb as i had a similar fault on a zinwell quad the other week.

The two frequency's in question are what the Black Ultra is suppose to excel at especially on fringe reception in the low band, so unless its getting swamped as mdt stated it could be faulty

Went back to this today. Rechecked alignment and motor was a smidge off due south. This didnt fix the problem. So next i tried a sky quad as it was the only other lnb at hand. So after wrapping some insulation around the quad to make it fit snug in the triax holder i tried again. All missing channels now working fine. So it was the inverto black ultra that was at fault.

Thanks for the input guys.

Back