Triax td 110

mattchris

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am trying to install this and having some problems:

Which dish angle scale do you use right or left as looking from behind the dish

I have the dish bracket with the notch on the right hand side as from behind the pole.

My lat is 51.n long 0.3 west and according to that my nearest sat due south is thor or 5.w and dish angle is 31. but 78% signal 0% quality

What am i doing wrong.

I'm using a spiderbox 6000 and superior dark motor.

Thanks

Sorry if posted in wrong section

You can use either side of scale, so long as your angle is listed.

0.8 w is your due south satellite.

i always start at 25 and then ajust for max signal from there. regards mdt

Thanks for the advice Guys will try later it's raining right now.

Tried to set it up with the angle at 26 according to lat and long still nothing. starting off in garden with pole clear line of sat because there is a sky mini dish on the wall the left about the same height i'm enclosing a few picstriax1.jpgtriax2.jpgtriax3.jpg

Not sure which sat you are lining up on but at a guess your dish is pointing a bit low,try it as mdt said at 25,

I have just finished installing mine and it was a pig compared to the last dish I had,

Only loosen the bolts at the dish a small bit,so that you have to use a bit of strength to move the dish up or down,
if its as loose as you would normally allow,the dish starts hanging offset because of the lateral movement of the elevation bracket design,thus screwing up your alignment,

Also double check your motors latitude/elevation setting,the motor stub looks a bit off to my eye :)

set the lat on the motor scale for your location then tighten it up and dont move again. put lat/long in stb then send the dish to 1 west. select bbc world news transponder on 1 west - 10.778.H.24500. 7/8 now put the osd on the stb onscreen to give you the quality reading. the dish face wants to be roughly vertical as your pictures show the dish looking down... it looks like say turksat@42east. the elevation scale on the side of the dish, just start from 25 then move it upwards in half a degree steps then move dish left/right slowly and check the signal. if nothing repeat the process at 26/26.5/27 ect. you will find the satellite it just requires time and patience if you dont have a professional meter. also the black ultra wants to be about half way in the holder for the focal point. a good method ive used on many occasion years ago as a amateur hobbiest. turn the volume up full on the tv and open the window and when you here bbc world news booming out of the television you will know you are on the satellite. regards mdt

The motor is set to 51 i have marked it with permanent marker and the centre of the nut is on 51.

If i set the bracket to 25 it will be lower than it is now.

The sky mini dish looks as if it is tilting back .

I have made sure the pole is level on all angles

According to the motor Manual:

LAT =51/ELV=39/DEC ANGLE=7.4/DISH BRACKET ANGLE =27.5.

Thanks again for all the advice guys

Last edited:
The motor is set to 51 i have marked it with permanent marker and the centre of the nut is on 51.
Markings on one side is Latitude, other side is Elevation. For a latitude of 51, Elevation angle is 39 according to attached manual.

Double check and post picture.

Attachments

• ALSAT manual_0430.pdf
    639.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Motor is def wrong.

imxrz.jpg

Last edited:
You dont use the centre of the nut for correct setting,there should be a little arrow or raised mark with a point just beside the nut,thats what you line up at your latitude

just to add another pic from the other side LOL

motor2.jpg

Thanks very much guys for all your help.

Just altered the lat settings on the motor as mentioned in the pics.

Tried Thor on 0.8Wgot 85% Signal and 78% Quality er indoors is watching tele now will try others later.

THANK YOU.:proud::proud::proud:

Back