transponders missing...

loady

Inactive User
Reaction score
When i got my first dbox everything was rosy...then one day i lost discovery channels....after much researching i could get them back by doing a manual scan and setting the frequency to scan from, it would immediately pick up the missing transponder and i would get my discovery back....i got rid of the dbox and moved over to the dreambox and used this method on my dreambox and then one fine day i started to lose them again but i could not get them back using the trusted method of manually scanning the transponder....after much much more research i found out i needed a booster and hey presto they were back again but i still had to to manually scan this transponder to get discovery...its 11800000....it never fails to pick it up but why isnt it picked up when i just scan 6952 ??....today i realised i was missing another transponder...hasnt noticed before...it holds mostly radio and the trouble,bravo and living channels....when i set the frequency to scan that transponder it picked them up...but they all lock up at regular intervals...i can get out of it if i switch up and down but if i leave it for to long the box completly locks and i have to reboot it........whats is going on here...weaker signal ?...i have an slx booster turned up full...its really bugging me.

checked the cables and they are not on there so i have added them, at least i wont have to keep doing a manual after a full scan for the missing ones, they should get picked up now thanks...do you have EVERY single channel working ? could you possibly send me your cable for me to have a look at ?....and RE the booster...further down that post is a link i posted...what do you think to it ??...worth getting ? >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30dB-TV-FM-Si...6QQihZ013QQcategoryZ61395QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No idea about the booster loady, I've never had to use one.

I'm using the Dw 1.6.5 image straight out the box and I'm 99.99% sure I get all the channels. The cables.xml file from the Dw images is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm thats very strange...11800000 and 131000000 are missing from this as well ?...could it be the channels i am missing are on a different transponder to everyone elses ?...they are not even in the brute force part..in your service xml...what freq is your discovery channels ?..i noticed also a few transponders for ppv...do you get anything on those ???

Last edited:
I'm at work right now m8 so I can't check anything on my box. But I have a backup from Feb and I don't think any of the discovery channels have changed in my area. Are you still in the Uddingston TW area m8, should be the same as me if you are.

It seems that the majority of my Discovery channels are on TS-1 @ 395000000Hz.

I've attached my enigma-dreambox and neutrino-dbox2 services for you m8.

thanks for that devilfish, it would seem our transponders are indeed different, namely 11800000 and 131000000 mine hold different channels to yours....im not in uddingston..i am in surrey area, yet other people i know in the same area dont have thier dicovery channels missing...its like its just my street.

In my area I can't get 2 transponders without using a booster. All the channels on them need boosting to watch. So boost then scan and see what happens.

thanks for that devilfish, it would seem our transponders are indeed different, namely 11800000 and 131000000 mine hold different channels to yours....im not in uddingston..i am in surrey area, yet other people i know in the same area dont have thier dicovery channels missing...its like its just my street.
hi m8 i think i might have ur missing channels on a dbox scan i did a fews ago i'll have to look it up for u and up load it for u

actually i forgot i up this services a few days ago here it should have everything even though i did box office on there so i assume it all avavilable channel let me know if there is any missin
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=899824#post899824

just convert it to dreambox service file

Last edited:
Thanks gentlex...i have resolved the issue...i was just curious as to why it was happening....think i might get a thermo nuclear booster from hong kong.

Thanks gentlex...i have resolved the issue...i was just curious as to why it was happening....think i might get a thermo nuclear booster from hong kong.
bloody hell what the hell is that... r u going to nuke ur box

Different transponders have different signal strengths, it's the same with satellites. It sounds like that particular transponder is lower than the range that your dreambox can pick up.

Check the cables.xml file and make sure the transponder is included.

You might want to think about getting a booster like this...

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=127269

Loady i just got the booster today the one that devilfish posted a link to, worked a treat for me, now i picked up 3 extra transponders and get the channels i couldnt get before.

brother, **** this shit.....lets go spend some dollar bills.......yeeeeeee heeeeeee heeeeeee shamone mutha fucka.

ordering mine

Back