iPhone transfering apps and info

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive decided to give my Mrs my 3gs but need to know how to get all her apps and info off her 3g i have stuck her sim in my phone and imported contacts but thats about it. Would i need to factory restore then connect to her itunes ?? and sync for her apps etc etc ???
any help appreciated.

transfer the apps , mate do you know how to do that ?, then id restore in itunes so its all back to factory setting the jailbreaks are out so happy times

So no other way other than factory restore then re jailbreak then import all her apps from her itunes ie sync up.

transfer the apps , mate do you know how to do that ?, then id restore in itunes so its all back to factory setting the jailbreaks are out so happy times

All done for the 3gs

now i have the 3g which is on 3.1.2 and firmware 05.11.07 jailbroken i want to sell this as jailbroken and unlocked but want to get rid of all the apps and history to say a factory restore but keep it on 3.1.2 is this possible?
I dont think i can use my itunes or her itunes as these are both now on 4.1 and latest firmware so how could i go about this?

hi mate download the original 3.1.2 fw from HERE
have you saved any shsh blobs for that iphone , if not still try this see if it works as you have nothing to loose plug in your iphone open itunes up and as it will ask you do you want to up date , cancel , then as you hit restore and the shift key and look for where you have downloaded the original 3.1.2 ipsw and try restore that way see happens

No joy with that mate iphone could not be restored error 6 now stuck in recovery mode lol.
i take it you havent your shsh blobs saved , try this then before your restore to 4.1,
1.go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and put this under 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com this in the hosts so it will look like this

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

i just want to see if this works mate , i know apple will release 4.2 fw with in the next2 weeks and so will come the new unlock for 05.14.02 baseband

im on windows 7 so had to do this in safe mode to allow me to save the host file

let me know how you have got on

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorted now Bri tried it without the firewall enabled and restored, jobs a good un mate.

glad ya sorted nice 1 mate pain in the ass the firewalls sometimes lol

how much u sellin the iphone for jackel mate ?? need 1 for the girlfriend for xmas

Cheers
Ste

Was going on ebay mate white 16gb 3g couple of light scratches on the back screen pristine though, boxed all accessories still new and sealed not used, marware sports grip and a few screen protecters thrown in pm me an offer if your interested mate.

Back