To Chip or Not to Chip?

if you want to play all ps2 games get it chipped ..........with hdadvance not all games work.also willl cost you more ie network card,hard drive ,hdadvance.......

OK I'v been chipping ps2's day in day out for about 5 yrs and sold ALOT of swap disks, trust me in the long run chipping works out much better. The number of ppl who have come back because the chip has gone faulty I could count on my hand (not including laser problems) the number of ppl who give the swap disks to their kids and then come back with broken ps2's is in the triple figures, We stopped stocking em over a year ago, too much headache. My 2 cents.

There is a way to boot from the hard drive. But theres no point really. The swap disc is properly manufactored so it shows that the disc is real and not a copy and allows the copy to boot after the data has been checked

If you want a modchip installed but dont want to solder it have a look at what i've been thinking of getting: http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/dms4ezi/site.pl?page=home

There is a version available for the V12 upwards PS2's as well and it comes with the required replacement case. If you look around you can get it for as little as 30 quid or 35 with the case.

Back