tm800hd setup

tried the setup on here but nothing....maybe not set up properly just got it today switched from tm600,so its more complicated not sure what to do next....need major help

Please don't take this the wrong way............. Nobody here is a mind reader. We won't know what you mean/want to say unless you actually "say" it.

That said, there are lots of helpful people here who will help you provided they know what/where your problem is.

First thing first, the TM800 is good for basic viewing but not much beyond it. If you want the bells and whistles that are printed on the box, then best to get a refund and get another receiver that does what it is supposed to do unless you got it dead cheap.

As you have come from a TM600, I presume you should be OK with navigation around a linux receiver.

a. What image are you running?
b. have you followed the setup procedure and completed it. if not specify which stage you are at.
c. is your network setup?
d. are you using a static/motorised/multi lnb setup. Have you setup the tuner to match?
e. Note that the TM800 is an E2 machine. will you be using your own channel list or using ones that others have made.

the step from an E1 to an E2 receiver is HUGE

nothing is in 'the right place' and everything is different, but, with the TM800, everything that is actually there, is about as simple as it can be.

most of it will possibly be re learning how and where everything works, but, as abu has posted, if you could post details of the 'issues' you are having, then people will be able to guide you through them m8

Thanks abu & digidude

am on a motorized system i cant view anything at all and it isnt showing me the proper scanning screen.
its on IQ image
i be using the channel list that will be there possibly
if either of yous could give me full guide off what to do i would be very greatful...or this 800hd is going out the window:eatarrow: lol

Which version of the IQ image are you using? The latest one is available at the following site
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Rather than scan, have you considered transferring a premade channel list? You can download them using the remote, but there is a delay before it is uploaded. Best to download it. Additionally, if you are accustomed to Sly numbering, stick the autobouquets plugin in and it will create the UK bouquets at the top of your list.

My preferance is Vhannibals list. Sorry can't post a link to his site as against forum rules. They are uploaded to the following section of our forum. The ones on his site are normally updated very quickly, but there is some delay before somoen uploads them here. Another alternative list is Catseye's. Try them and see which one you like.
Code:

The guide on how to transfer the list is here
Code:

Once you have done the above, I would recommend you add Digdude's plugin. Run it to remove unwanted code. Stick a flash drive in and create/mount a swap file.
Update your rytec file too.

Last step is to make a backup of teh image as per your requirements. If/when it crashes and needs a reflash, you can revert back to your stored image without going through all the steps again.

Last edited by a moderator:
have finally got this up and running...but it wont scan 16e or find anything on it but the other 3 are ok
alot of messing about with it to get it running.But like you say Abu a channel list is a must....where as on the 600 i had my own sky list made and the adult channels were not on it incase my kids would have a little venture lol boys will be boys:banana:

regards graham

Which channel list did you upload? Sounds as if you did the quadri version. I have just uploaded the 22 set for you in the e2 settings section.

You can always toggle parental controls on the receiver. Do the same for channels in the bouquet using dbedit before transferring.

never uploaded any yet mate this thing is playing up with me lost all my movies etc....another mate of mine said to send 800 back and get a 5302 hmmmm

if chopping it in is possible I would seriously consider it
not had any dealings with the 5302 but its gotta be better that the 800 mate

Hello Abu,

Can you please advise what is meant by
I would recommend you add Digdude's plugin. Run it to remove unwanted code. Stick a flash drive in and create/mount a swap file.
Update your rytec file too.
Cna you signpost me to it- is it easy to install- Also what is a rytec file - please advise -PLEASE.
Ive done most of the abve- got everything working- just trying to streamline everything now ??

I personally don't like questions posed to individuals in the open. This means others are reluctant to answer as they may feel they are stepping on people's toes. Although we on DW are not Borg, we are a collective and try to help out when we can.

To be honest with you, I would just install Digidude's backup image from here as everything is done for you.

Rat has replied on the first point'

Stick a flash drive in and create/mount a swap file.
The TM800 does not have much memory and you end up running low of memory. If you have a swap file, the receiver will use the USB/HDD for extra memory. DD's plugin will allow you to do this easily.

Update your rytec file too. Also what is a rytec file
The TM800 does not get the epg data from the satellites. They have fixed it on later models and was hoping they would do the same but that is not going to happen. To get epg, you need to download the data from a website. The rytec file can be acquired from
The file has not changed from 29/05/12. I personally edit it using notepad++ and move line 324 to 320.

The thread is here. Post 5 tells you where to transfer the file.

Post back with any more questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks to both for very indepth advise. I have the IQ 28 2012 image installed as present. I Wasnt aware of the one above - though had seen it as a more recent dated image on the tech/software website.

Thanks and will make more indirect help request -in future. seasonal greeting to all

as Abu says you are better off using something tweaked by Digidude as it has all the extra addons installed so less for the end user to fiddle with :)

enjoy

thanks for that - ps i meant IQ 28th oct 2011 version not 2012. I only follwed through with IQ image because that was already installed on the 800hd and had been on a TM500 that i previuosly used- with no probs . Anywho live and learn

29th Dec

Hello folks

for some reason my tm800 hd has decided to play up- I now get a constant "your linuxbox encoutered a software problems etc " message please send the log file created in /hdd/ to pliur team at googlemail.com.
The box continually reboots.
I have re-inserted the backup image "TM800_update-Dd-tmsw-20121021" in the appropriate pathway - but no joy. I have sent over the "enigma2_crash_1356816511" log file which was saved on my usb stick (rear) to the pliur team. I ve got no idea how to get the logfile created in the /hdd/pathway. Any advise on how t o overcome this message and solve error- keeps rebooting every 10 seconds tothe same message

Back