tm800hd setup

If you want to flash your backup image, rename it to TM800_update, place it on the root of your USB drive,ie not in a folder. Then flash as normal.

hi

my dilema is that whilst i have backed up files. the image is one that does not seem to have been backed up. I have backup, picon and usr. unfort, under backup i have only the cccamsettingsbackup.tar and mgcamdsettingsbackup.tar files nothing else. I thought i have backed up the image - but alas no. any thoughts

You can't restore what you have not backed up.

Flash Digidude's image, transfer your settings and set it up as you like it. Then create a backup for the future.

I would also recommend you create and mount a swap file.

i had re-flashed using digidude backup file - problem still there file TM800_update-Dd-tmsw-20121021

sorry , i do have a swap file on my usb stick

files are
enigma2_crash_1356816511 -date modified 29/12/2012 time 21:38
swap date modified 27/12/12012

folders as below
backup
picon
usr

is there anything i can do with the swap file.

yes - reflasehd using the dd bakcup image. machine rebooting ( without the usb stick inserted). goes through technomate software screen shot. box display then says wizard then green screen and the error message comes up. message as before- whilst box screen says wizard.

any thoughts

Sorry beyond me, hope someone else can help.

In the mean time, maybe you could try the IQ image. At least you will have basic viewing.

cheers will go back to the IQ image from the techno website- thanks for the help.

ps the error message says quite a lot and state in the error type list ( too long to type in hereo "exception in python startup code. I wish i could cut and past bits of it here ( then else where it say no such directory etc) . any who hope other folks are able to advise - assume this is unusual error.

yep reflashed to IQ , will update with rats bouquet in the afternoon. I beleive that a combination of (when loading the image) loss of memory block - message said it had to skip some blocks has caused this problems for my box- work ok on the IQ imaGE

CHEERS

If you read Digidudes sticky here then you will have an image that has all of the attributes of the back up image you have been trying to load.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that. However, I have installed the IQ image back on the box - I have not tried installing the DW back-up image since not sure i will get pass the green screen stage etc, Also read the DD sticky and will need to read 10 more times before I understand what this allows me to do on my box.

thanks -

Back