TM800HD or DM800HD

Re: TM800HD versus DM800HD

The qbox mini hd does not run cccam it only supports oscam and rader

you can add a cline to radar which gives high ecm times

converting the cline to run in oscam gives better ecm times

Perhaps my reply above was misleading. The oscam client supports CCcam servers and provides the same function as the Cccam client. Oscam is an on-going product whilst Cccam development seems to have stagnated.

Also thought the QBox Mini is not capaple of being used as a card server due to chipset issues. Not really an issue if you only want to use as a client reciever.

tbh id still consider the tm800 as an option, yip alot of misled promises with it no one will deny that, iv even had my fair share of problems (picture stutter etc which after contacting TM and a replacement box i dont have that problem anymore) maybe a bad batch i dunno lol

once the OE is released to the public and peeps are able to enjoy other enigma2 plugins/addons im sure the tm800 will shine :)
and most people will be happy

cheers

osborne82

When I was buying a hd box I also came on here asking the same questions, I went with the TM 800 lol. I regretted not getting the qbox mini. Now after reading these posts I am not so sure. Can we get a sticky posted by somone in the know that lists all the important issues that each box does or doesent do,
like what cams it supports, does it stream etc. mayby jimux could compile the top ten most important features a box needs and then users can say if it does it or not.

I think 'top ten' is a personal choice. For example, after juggling two boxes to record and play, twin tuners would be at the top of my list. Especially as we are looking at a premium of about £20 over a single tuner box and the two tuners work together to allocate record functions.

Some would put reading cards high on the list, but that has no real interest for me.

I would say that the main criteria is that each box does all that is claimed of it by the manufacturer. Sadly 18 months after release the TM800 does not.

tbh id still consider the tm800 as an option, yip alot of misled promises with it no one will deny that, iv even had my fair share of problems (picture stutter etc which after contacting TM and a replacement box i dont have that problem anymore) maybe a bad batch i dunno lol

once the OE is released to the public and peeps are able to enjoy other enigma2 plugins/addons im sure the tm800 will shine :)
and most people will be happy

cheers

osborne82

Potential is there the TM800, but until it can actually do what it says it can do on the box,...like the other recievers being discussed are able to (DM, VU, QBox Mini etc)..then it's not a contender, should be thought of an Azbox, original Qbox, Reelbox etc....all of which never really met their potential.

It's intresting that your replacment reciever fixed some of your issues, I suspect TM think there is an underlying hardware issue with certain recievers, this is the reaosn why not so long ago Dr Linux was asking anyone who has an issue to provide the reciever MAC address, to try an identifiy possible patterns with issues ....

OE is not going fix the issues identified at Driver/chipset level with SATA and USB issues..so all speculation and time waste procedures so far. A lot of hot air with no actual substance or results. If the Qbox mini can quielty and steadily make improvments and iron out issues, even with the majority of features working as advertised at launch...why cant TM ??

Potential is there the TM800, but until it can actually do what it says it can do on the box,...like the other recievers being discussed are able to (DM, VU, QBox Mini etc)..then it's not a contender, should be thought of an Azbox, original Qbox, Reelbox etc....all of which never really met their potential.

It's intresting that your replacment reciever fixed some of your issues, I suspect TM think there is an underlying hardware issue with certain recievers, this is the reaosn why not so long ago Dr Linux was asking anyone who has an issue to provide the reciever MAC address, to try an identifiy possible patterns with issues ....

OE is not going fix the issues identified at Driver/chipset level with SATA and USB issues..so all speculation and time waste procedures so far. A lot of hot air with no actual substance or results. If the Qbox mini can quielty and steadily make improvments and iron out issues, even with the majority of features working as advertised at launch...why cant TM ??

Simple two Different CPU and two different Teams.

Qbox Mini has STi Cpu ,even very cheap on it ,the Box it self has a people well know in hack market with some support working on it.( but still can never get Broadcom Cpu performance )

TM800 Unfortunately has Nxp Cpu very cheap Cpu and with not proper support, just experimental.( This Cpu use only ItGate Korea and all China ..like some kind of
Openboxes ,but no one of any best Korean Company. ) The team who support TM is just the Manufacture it self and some people respected in this forum they trying hard. Will be difficult for them solve out every think ,even they are trying their Best...No easy implementing Enigma2 image in Cpu has not same performance of
Broadcom.People can says any think the mistake is done from Start from Tm choosing the wrong Cpu ( and i think some people will be with me here ).....TM 800 can have the best Hardware maybe ! but their CPU can not do much more...Even what they done to be Honest they done Miracles...This is their Limit.

There are several images for the Qbox mini, including one from the forum starred out of my earlier post. There are also a number of skins, and being of italian origin, they are strong on presentation layer. The current software level is QBoxMini version 0.0.59 which is indicative that Duolabs consider it a pre-production level; (1.0.0) is a normal production release but even at that level everything works. The box comes with an 88 page manual.

A nice feature is that the operating system is on an external usb stick in one of the three usb slots. This has several advantages; ample storage space for skins and addons, multiple systems just by a simple stick change, performance enhancement by using a faster usb stick (saw a 32Gb class 10 for £20 on MyMemory yesterday). Software upgrade is real simple, just put a stick with the new archived image in a slot, reboot and wait for the setup wizard. The external only usb storage would have put me off in the past but with the new self-powered usb disks this is no longer an issue, and we are testing network recording to NAS boxes.

Jimux you have got me interested here. Please forgive my ignorence but I know nothing about linux but does this mean you could load any codex you wanted on to the stick? I ask because I have approx 3.5 tb's of films and TV series downloaded from newsgroups in all types of different formats if I could watch these through the qbox then I think my tm800 will be going.

you can watch them with your tm800

you can watch them with your tm800

Yes I can watch them but I can't hear them, out of over 100 HD films with the same audio format only 2 work if they were different audio formats I could understand there must be something different about them but I can't find it.

Last edited:
Back