tm800hd moans / randoms

Re: tm800hd moans

What i would like to see now is some more experienced teams producing some quality images with the source that is available.

Thats another thing though m8. most teams who look at the source cant quite work out how it works, as its totally different from dreambox source, and people dont like what they dont know, and aint prepared to learn something new

Thats another thing though m8. most teams who look at the source cant quite work out how it works, as its totally different from dreambox source, and people dont like what they dont know, and aint prepared to learn something new

I thought it was being worked on?

yes m8, it is, but, some who have looked at it have said 'its a mess' and not bothered any further, which is a shame

yes m8, it is, but, some who have looked at it have said 'its a mess' and not bothered any further, which is a shame

Ah got ya yes it is then a shame. I wish i knew how to code.

guilty as charged.
I have more time now (made redundant again thursday :( ) so may start the learning curve on it.

ellie, as you know, im a noobie when it comes to all this, and for the last year, have been learning on the UR source. When i was unable to update the source for a while, i started looking into the dreambox sources, and, as im used to the UR sources, the first thing i thought when i saw the dreambox code was

'what a fkin mess, how the hell does any of this make any sense to anyone'

lol

but

what ive also worked out, is that when you make dreambox images, you dont actually get everything you may need, only what you ask for, so, if you in the future after starting, decide to make major changes, you pretty much have to start all over again with the files etc, then wait an entire age for it to compile. with UR, everything is already there, a lot of the most common bits are pre compiled, but, they can be changed and re built, you can recompile everything from the ground up, in stages, so that when you get to compiling the end image, you make the smaller enigma and python changes, start compiling, and 15 mins later, youre testing the new image on the receiver

i may be wrong with the dreambox way of how it works, but, when ive been playing with it, thats how it looked to me

im by no means an expert, but, if i can help in any way, i will

is it low audio thats is being fixed ? Ithought it mught be mu surround sounnd lol
sometimes audio goes quite low and I have to turn box up to full
maybe its not that lol

I experience this on HD channels have to turn the volume up almost double.

not reallya moan, but quick, the Vu room should also now be swamped with posts from angry non owners to vent their un founded disgust at marusys

Vu plus soon will have two new models soon...double memory, Broadcom CPU ,NEW*

Calling:
Vu + UNO single tuner - pvr...
Vu + Ultimatium Triple Tuner ( tuner can be echange for S-T-C )

especially for the solo owners, they had to wait over a year from the announced date, then it was priced higher than expected, then the price was dropped, now a newer version is coming out, and its been out about 6 months

;)

lol

especially for the solo owners, they had to wait over a year from the announced date, then it was priced higher than expected, then the price was dropped, now a newer version is coming out, and its been out about 6 months

;)

lol

Its NOT a newer version, the two new models are extensions to the range. So don't understand why your turning attention against VU????

Its NOT a newer version, the two new models are extensions to the range. So don't understand why your turning attention against VU????

i like it when new models come out m8, im still waiting on delivery of my Duo ;)

im just pointing out that some members who dont own equipment who like to make a noise over nothing, have something else to make a noise about

mainly my own little experiment to see what happens in DW once this news is broken

ill make sure nothing kicks off in the Vu rooms like stuff has in this section m8 :)

I cant see why anyone would be kicking off in the VU section mate all manufacturers release new products its not like they have anounced they will no longer support the Duo or Solo. I would imagine that once all the TM800 problems are sorted we will see a TM800 super or maybe a twin tuner model who knows. Would you be unhappy if this was to happen. I can now start saving some pennys for my Vu + Ultimatium Triple Tuner I can`t wait lol.

I cant see why anyone would be kicking off in the VU section mate all manufacturers release new products its not like they have anounced they will no longer support the Duo or Solo. I would imagine that once all the TM800 problems are sorted we will see a TM800 super or maybe a twin tuner model who knows. Would you be unhappy if this was to happen. I can now start saving some pennys for my Vu + Ultimatium Triple Tuner I can`t wait lol.

I think the point is being missed here lol.

Can you please explain what I missed.:Dunce:

i like it when new models come out m8, im still waiting on delivery of my duo ;)

im just pointing out that some members who dont own equipment who like to make a noise over nothing, have something else to make a noise about

mainly my own little experiment to see what happens in dw once this news is broken

ill make sure nothing kicks off in the vu rooms like stuff has in this section m8 :)

^^^^^^ :) ^^^^^^

the post i to try and see if the members who are so vocal on behalf of tm800 owners, are also as vocal about other receivers, and so far, they havent been, which makes me think along the same lines as some other people, that some non owners have some form of hidden agenda to discredit the TM800 for some reason

ive colour edited the OP to highlight whats left, so can see this entire thread vanishing in the near future, and being replaced with a 'bugs' thread, for owners to report bugs, so other posts will be removed from it to keep the thread in order

the post i to try and see if the members who are so vocal on behalf of tm800 owners, are also as vocal about other receivers, and so far, they havent been, which makes me think along the same lines as some other people, that some non owners have some form of hidden agenda to discredit the TM800 for some reason

ive colour edited the OP to highlight whats left, so can see this entire thread vanishing in the near future, and being replaced with a 'bugs' thread, for owners to report bugs, so other posts will be removed from it to keep the thread in order

What he said! ^^^:banana: Also i think what the moaners miss is that this thread exists, they go on about the fact that DW is pro TM, how many other forums would allow a thread such as this if they were PRO a certain product?

Last edited:

I sort of see what your saying digi but unless VU actually released a box that had problems there would be no reason for anyone to start moaning in the VU section.

I do not own a TM800 but I have always enjoyed looking in on how its going in here, I even manage to borrow one for a week and it did work ok for the basics and I can see plenty of progress since then.

I think you chaps are a little over protective at times chill out with the conspiracy theories and enjoy your box it doesent matter what other people think it`s the owners choice that counts. My opinion would be leave this thread open and in time it will die when the box is sorted.

Anyway this is the TM800 moans section so i will leave it there as I dont really have any moans about it lol.

Last edited:

rather than delete it just unstick it and let it die on it's own.
at the moment it serves a purpose.

in the new image post
members are prising new image 25-02-11
in moaners post
non-ex- owners moaning
Do not understand the logic ??????:Fish:

in the new image post
members are prising new image 25-02-11
in moaners post
non-ex- owners moaning
Do not understand the logic ??????:Fish:

If you actually read what has been said in here between your latest two posts nobody has said a bad thing about the TM800, the only person repeating them self is you. Why dont you stop posting in this thread unless you have a moan maybe it will calm down a little then.

Back