tm800hd moans / randoms

Re: tm800hd moans

why is it in the wardrobe mate ?

why is it in the wardrobe mate ?

hhehe not really had time to play with it . just saw all the gripes on here , and never got to set it up properly.
i will get it running when a rock solid image appears . which looks like real soon , woohoo

take no notice of the moaners mate lol
they box runs, records, plays back perfect now :)

just media really thats left, maybe thats whats important to you ?

I use a media player to watch media and use a sat box to watch well sat stuff, couldnt give a crap if it was advertised to play divx or not. Not saying its the best box in the world but im pretty happy with mine now as it is.

thats hardly the point tbh Bally, some people bought the box to use the media side of it (as advertised)

you chose to use a media player thats fine, others didn't ;)

take no notice of the moaners mate lol
they box runs, records, plays back perfect now :)

just media really thats left, maybe thats whats important to you ?

nah mate..i use my ps3 for streamin media and stuff ....:Clap:

i have a little 'thing' that i plug a usb stick into, and it connects to my tv by hdmi, it has a small remote control, and that plays ALL my media, my satellite boxes are used for the kids to watch cartoons, discovery, and whatever else they want to sit and watch.

the clarktech IS massivley advertised on some other forums, technomate and dreambox are so prominent on DW as theyre the most common receivers, when more and more members started getting spiderboxes, a spiderbox section was also opened, and thats when all this crap started in the TM rooms, and while the spiderbox room has calmed down, mainly doe to bans being handed out, the tm800 section has not

TBH i think its highly unfair to keep on going on and on about the same thing, when you dont actually own the hardware to check things out for yourself on.

just for the record, i know of 7 different images that have been compiled for the TM800, just today. The SVN has been updated with numerous files more than once just today alone as well.

EVERY receiver has its faults, but, when some people keep banging on and on about some things that they have no idea if the past issues are still an issue or not, its hardly giving a fair balanced view, is it?

OK, so some members may be VERY pro TM, and some members are anti TM, for whatever reasons, but thats their own problems, im sure anyone trying to look up a receiver or company will visit more than one site, and get the views of more than one OWNER before deciding to make their purchase

but when theres people who dont even have one, constantly slating the receiver for either its hardware, software support, or any other reason, in my opinion, that muddies the waters a lot more than disgruntled owners do

youve had your say, again and again and again, brought up the same points again and again, and if anything, its making DW look stupid for allowing the merry go round to start all over again.

this thread was originally meant for OWNERS to moan about what they wanted to see next, instead its turned into 17 pagesof crap removed from other threads, so, once the media player is functional, this entire thread will be removed, NOT deleted, and another one started

start using the infraction system Digi :)

but when theres people who dont even have one, constantly slating the receiver for either its hardware, software support, or any other reason, in my opinion, that muddies the waters a lot more than disgruntled owners do

youve had your say, again and again and again, brought up the same points again and again, and if anything, its making DW look stupid for allowing the merry go round to start all over again.

this thread was originally meant for OWNERS to moan about what they wanted to see next, instead its turned into 17 pagesof crap removed from other threads, so, once the media player is functional, this entire thread will be removed, NOT deleted, and another one started

But this is where I get really pissed off. I am an owner and have been since June last year. I've had a Jtag box back which is noticably sluggish compared to old box no matter what image it runs, inlcuding latest official 2nd Feb, and followed Satwiz's instructions to the letter. This is before adding other mods like rytec and cooltv which are the same files I've always used and been fine before. The whole bollocks jumping through hoops to get Wifi working as well... I know about networks and I've been able to get connected to 54g wireless with many previous images just by selecting the right fooking options, but even with ridiculous instructions from TM it still drops signal and says no encryption after reboots with latest image so I've abandaned it completely and have to run cat5 up stairs again. I've tried a couple of factory resets on 2/2 and it's green screened. I tried yesterday to format USB stick in back port and it green screened.

When I post these things however, all we get is TM moaning about repeating, whilst repeating their own crap instructions they've been told haven't worked, and yes, the usual brigade of non/ex owners who have been aggrieved come on and have a moan and then everyone says, "oh same lot of non owners same old same old..." and then that's it.

But this is where I get really pissed off. I am an owner and have been since June last year. I've had a Jtag box back which is noticably sluggish compared to old box no matter what image it runs, inlcuding latest official 2nd Feb, and followed Satwiz's instructions to the letter. This is before adding other mods like rytec and cooltv which are the same files I've always used and been fine before. The whole bollocks jumping through hoops to get Wifi working as well... I know about networks and I've been able to get connected to 54g wireless with many previous images just by selecting the right fooking options, but even with ridiculous instructions from TM it still drops signal and says no encryption after reboots with latest image so I've abandaned it completely and have to run cat5 up stairs again. I've tried a couple of factory resets on 2/2 and it's green screened. I tried yesterday to format USB stick in back port and it green screened.

When I post these things however, all we get is TM moaning about repeating, whilst repeating their own crap instructions they've been told haven't worked, and yes, the usual brigade of non/ex owners who have been aggrieved come on and have a moan and then everyone says, "oh same lot of non owners same old same old..." and then that's it.

you have a genuine reason to have a gripe with TM thoughm8, you actually own a receiver and ARE having problems with it, and im sure that if you either rang or emailed technomate directly, they would bend over backwards to help you out,

the instructions posted work for nearly everybody, for you to be having so many issues, after having your box jtagged, something obviously aint right with it, personally, id be on to them to get it replaced under warranty, or, onto my supplier to replace it under warranty

contact your supplier, or contact technomate directly m8, im sure youll end up being sorted out :)

VectorZ it seems you could have a problem with your box ? have you contacted Technomate via phone or email ?

explain to them your problem and that you have tried everything and you would like a replacement box

VectorZ it seems you could have a problem with your box ? have you contacted Technomate via phone or email ?

explain to them your problem and that you have tried everything and you would like a replacement box

Thank Rat. I can't make outgoing calls at the moment but didn't think of email.... I swear if they send me those 'remove encryption from your network' settings I'll walk down to Edmonton and ram the box up someones arse - and no vaseline either.

ive just PMd you some info m8

but

if youre close to TM HQ, id be tempted to return it for a replacement

To all embers owning tm800

I am in contact daily with tm management have latest news
=====================================================
1-Latest image released last night with hd skin solution and full pvr working also some problem with audio fixed
if you are using hd skin and having hard disk or USB when press USB you will get green screen
promised by tm will be fixed soon

2-anybody has problem of any kind
contact direct by email phone call or call in to front counter in Edmonton London tm will willingly fix any problem you have .if you live far,,, send also get £8 towards delivery charge no charge for sending back UK main land only.
-----------------
in my opinion will be point less and time wasting moaning and getting advise from non owners that do not have any idea about latest solution.all they do repeat of few month ago.
Today 26-02-11 is different to few month ago also multimedia is on its way very soon,
Best way use latest image with my advise if is not doing what you want contact tm.

Last edited:

is it low audio thats is being fixed ? Ithought it mught be mu surround sounnd lol
sometimes audio goes quite low and I have to turn box up to full
maybe its not that lol

To all embers owning tm800

I am in contact daily with tm management have latest news
=====================================================
1-Latest image released last night with hd skin slution and full pvr working also some problem with audio fixedif you are using hd skin and having hard disk or USB when press USB you will get green screen
promised by tm will be fixed soon

2-anybody has problem of any kind
contact direct by email phone call or call in to front counter in Edmonton London tm will willingly fix any problem you have .if you live far,,, send also get £8 towards delivery charge no charge for sending back UK main land only.
-----------------
in my opinion will be point less and time wasting moaning and getting advise from non owners that do not have any idea about latest solution.all they do repeat of few month ago.
Today 26-02-11 is different to few month ago also multimedia is on its way very soon,
Best way use latest image with my advise if is not doing what you want contact tm.

Re: removing main board from tm800hd

Good linux reciever ? Might be your opinion...fair enough everyones entitled to one, doesnt mean that everyone else has to agree with it...Ermm,,,No actually I didnt say anyone who disagrees with my views is Pro-TM I said..theres Pro-TM propoganda pushed by possibe TM related parties and employees on the forum who have a vested interest...

Clearly not a view held by a lot of other people....put a time line together of events since the release of this box...and it's clear to see it's all one big badly mismanaged poorly thought out project... The reciever may yet turn out to be good...the point is...it's been made to look like one big joke..by the way it's been handled...

Not really sure why people think you should give TM a support..and wait for issues to be sorted...it's a buyers market...it's the manufacturers job to make sure a product is fit for purpose when it's released...or at least sort things out when they say they will...
Ermm...I have an agenda to discredit the box ?? Dont think so...simple matter of true or false...are any of the issues i've raised untrue ? If not..why are you crying about people knowing the facts ??

1. Originally announced to be released at 200 quid or less.
2. several months delay before release.
3. Price rise by 50 Quid...to 250 quid...wifi not included (extra 50 quid).
4. Finally released in time for worldcup 2010 ... cash cow sales time with 80% features not working...no wifi, no PVR, no Card reader...so basically only freeview...or Preconfigged traders and CS users can use the reciever..unless you spend another 40 quid on a USB reader...Wifi adpators delayed not available on release...Many people who signed up for the free wifi offer...didnt actually get their Wifi adaptors.. Overheating reported, recalls to fit internal case fans.
6. several months of poor software support, poor performance, green screens, etc etc..
7. Recall...of for JTAG Box CPU core drivers...so after all the abuse of DM's original warning...turns out he was right after all !
8. Even after JTAG....several problems still reported, hard drive detection...PVR unstable, HD recording, WiFi etc...
9. Coming upto a year since release...and 50 quid price cut...so early adopters/customer/purchasers have all been shafted...In effect been used as beta testers and charged for the privilege....

You really do have an agenda don't you. :)

Ive had this box from the get go and it was ADVERTISED as incomplete when i bought it! I knew exactly what i was getting my self in to. When i asked what hd receiver to buy i was given the tm800hd as an option but warned that it was no way near ready.

No one was forced to buy the TM800hd and TM also offered every one a full refund if they were not happy.

Again you are bringing up the past, past issues and past problems that although they did happen have been resolved.

The thing is my tm800hd has been rock solid from day one, yes there were features missing, AS ADVERTISED ON THE SITE I BOUGHT FROM but it has always worked for watching TV crazy i know.

And now it's almost complete works very well and yet still the same handful of no owners are stirring the pot with a massive spoon! Dropping the price of a product is something that happens every were in retail after the initial sales die down. They drop the price which boosts further sales early adopters always always pay more. Whether it be TV's,games consoles,DVD players, new PC tech etc etc etc. So to say that was technomate deliberately ripping people of is just utter crap.

ANTI TECHNOMATE PROPAGANDA!

Last edited:

sargie

Thanks
You really nailed it

Admin should not allow this type of misleading post to carry on.

Many members are very happy ...happier with latest image 25-02-11
HD skin fixed ..pvr working ok with all its functions..only function left multi media
I tested latest image the word fantastic justifies it,
we all know Linux open source is a non ending in regards of being 100% perfect
there are always bit here and there that's the joy of being hobbyist,

<snip>

Admin should not allow this type of misleading post to carry on.

<snip>

Not for you to decide.
If your not happy then report the posts.
We allow all views even negative ones, though the anti tm800 brigade seem a bit more rabid than most.
The day we don't allow both sides of a story will be my last day even if they are distorted, I see distorted positive posts and distorted negative posts unless they are out and out lies they will stay to give a balanced picture.

Not for you to decide.
If your not happy then report the posts.
We allow all views even negative ones, though the anti tm800 brigade seem a bit more rabid than most.
The day we don't allow both sides of a story will be my last day even if they are distorted, I see distorted positive posts and distorted negative posts unless they are out and out lies they will stay to give a balanced picture.

Agree with this points are valid from either side. My only gripe is with none owners who seem to have an agenda.

This box has had it's problems and still has some that need ironing out let's not forget that. But it is in my opinion a very good contender for a hd linux box on the market as it stands today.

What i would like to see now is some more experienced teams producing some quality images with the source that is available.

Back