TM800HD Is It Worth £250?

Is it worth the price? Most definitely without a shadow of doubt, and you can get it cheaper than that if you really scout around. I would strongly advise to buy it direct from Technomate as they genuinely do look out for their customers. Look at the prices of the competition, at this price it is hands down def. worth it.

Remember, this box is still in its infancy and is getting stronger and stronger by the week. From the functionality of what was offered when it first came out to what its able to do now there have been slow but recognisable steady improvements. I'm pretty sure if there are disgruntled users out there with any issues they can put a rubber bumper around the box to solve them or just wait for a software issue which unlike Apple do improve the box!

For those that want it working without fault straight out of the box you have the 7100 HD slightly more but does it all or you can go back to SKY...

I stand corrected then mate :) but I was led to belive you had returned it :)

:bighug: all round then ;)

How am i trolling the rooms i own a tm800 see below i thought i would give technomate a second chance i admit techenomate have put a lot of work in the last image but it still has a long way to go but they are heading in the right direction!

Im staying on this forum as most people are really friendly and give out really good help and advice.:bighug:

I'm thinking or selling my DM800HD and getting a TM800HD , how far along has the firmware come to its early release date? . I heard roumers it was based on openpli source ? is this right as i find for the dreambox's openpli is one of the strongest firmwares released also openpli have a daily download will there be a daily build of the source soon as it may help with improvements instead of waiting for TM to update

So , as i'm a lover of linux boxes will the TM800 (once the firmware is sorted) be a better unit than the DM800. I'm also even with the firmware as buggy willing to get one :)

P.S I'll swap my DM for a TM LOL :banana:

ill swop you my spiderbox 7000 for ya dm lol

ill swop you my spiderbox 7000 for ya dm lol

I would have but i have already owned a Spiderbox 9000HD and was not impressed :(

Might bung the DM in the for sale section see if i get any nibbles

Seems as thou this TM800 is comming along in the world of linux boxes fully packed with features nice open source software ? i belive at some point we will be able to make out own builds as pli is open source and available to all right ? this is the one thing that will put me off if TM keep the source to them selves instead of letting us help with the deveolpment would come along alot faster in my eyes

I purchased my TM800 for the world cup and I have to say it performed very well,

I knew when I got it that it was in it's infancy, but I like to tinker, and this box has had me doing that alright,

What made me choose the TM800 was the features and having owned another TM I thought it would be the most logical upgrade, and TBH if you offered me £300 for my TM800 I wouldn't take it, I've become quite attached to it.

You try to get a box with the same features for the same money, I think when the S/W is finished it will be a bute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
@ bassethound, didnt you swap your receiver over as offered by TM?

No i got a full refund from my satellite dealer after it died in the first week of sales.

At the weekend i swapped my old Tm6800 and a Tm500 for a 2 week old Tm800 the guy said he didnt like it for some reason LOL!

£300 for a clone wow , thats alot for a CLONE
Yes it was ,but worked as an original with Meeboot ,newenigma 2 on usb stick!

i always get more than i paid for my recievers!

regards

Yes it was ,but worked as an original with Meeboot ,newenigma 2 on usb stick!

i always get more than i paid for my recievers!

regards

meoboot is just a multiboot plugin , the flash image still has to be patched , even with a geniume sim in a clone it will not work the same as an original due to hardware.

but anyway that off topic

seems i'm looking hard for one now :)

is there no security in the tm800 like the dream / sim / image security , are there bootloader like in a dream

TM800 doesnt have a clone issue like Dreams so theres probbaly no need for hardware security like the SIM in a DM800.
Also no-one makes images for TM800 other than UR TEAM/ITGate so unless someones decomplied the image to check we wont know....

TM800 doesnt have a clone issue like Dreams so theres probbaly no need for hardware security like the SIM in a DM800.
Also no-one makes images for TM800 other than UR TEAM/ITGate so unless someones decomplied the image to check we wont know....

There are 2 other teams in the process of creating images

Any chances it's DS Team and CLi team...like the old TM500/600 images...still useless if it's those 2..
Bring on Nabilo, Gemini, real PLi, EDG Nemesis..if you want some proper images...

theres talk of 3 teams writing for the TM800, as well as UR, and possibly 4 writing for the 500/600

Back