TM800HD Is It Worth £250?

MKDons73

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm thinking or selling my DM800HD and getting a TM800HD , how far along has the firmware come to its early release date? . I heard roumers it was based on openpli source ? is this right as i find for the dreambox's openpli is one of the strongest firmwares released also openpli have a daily download will there be a daily build of the source soon as it may help with improvements instead of waiting for TM to update

So , as i'm a lover of linux boxes will the TM800 (once the firmware is sorted) be a better unit than the DM800. I'm also even with the firmware as buggy willing to get one :)

P.S I'll swap my DM for a TM LOL :banana:

Is the dm800 a real one m8? I'll swap you.

The image is 'based' on open PLi but not recognized or supported by PLi, so no daily builds.

Listen I have been saying from day one this box will be no1 in its price range its just got better and better I paid £220 think you can get them now for 200 but take it from me this is a cracking bit of kit good luck with your purchase. As for the comparison to the DM800 to expensive mate there again never had one

it will be worth the money once all issues are sorted. The last update was one of the biggest ones yet but still not there and still too many necessities missing or not working properly.

But what about the quality watching HD from mates s*rver my oh my what a cracking picture Samsu*g LED just jaw dropping:proud:

But what about the quality watching HD from mates s*rver my oh my what a cracking picture Samsu*g LED just jaw dropping:proud:

Did it stay in sync though?

Both the TM800's I've had have suffered from HD audio lag after 20 minutes or so.

Yeh little lag problem but nothing out the ordinary can live with it until august but I kid you not for £220 come on compaired to whats on the market SD/HD summit else I like a lot and this is my first TM

Yeh little lag problem but nothing out the ordinary can live with it until august but I kid you not for £220 come on compaired to whats on the market SD/HD summit else I like a lot and this is my first TM

Mine goes out of sync by about 2 second after approx 1 hour, if I left it tuned in for a year it would probably be 1 day out of sync. lol ;)

Yer HD picture is mint, but I got to say that I found the Spiderbox SD picture to be far superior. I don't know if the TM800 upscales by default, but from what I can see it's either not supported yet or it's very poor.

HAHAHAHA Witchy a day out of sinc would be a no no mine not as bad as yours mabe I'm doing summit your not, but it would be a mistake if that was the case on my part that is. lots of peeps want to do different things with a linux I'm just happy watching TV mate mine is very stable

mine sometimes goes out of sync on News HD
wife is watching XMen Origins now and its been fine

in answer to the original question personaly I think its worth the money compared to other boxes in its price range :)

I would not recommend one yet still to buggy at the moment!!!!!!!!!

All the smart money is on the VU+Duo prices are down to £375 on some online retailers!

tbh mate I wish you would stop trolling these rooms
you got rid of yours before giving TM a chance
I hardly think you have the right to give any opinions since you don't have a box that has had at least 3/4 updates

go make yourself at home on the other forum you visit

I would not recommend one yet still to buggy at the moment!!!!!!!!!

All the smart money is on the VU+Duo prices are down to £375 on some online retailers!

Actually, I would say that the basic functions are pretty damn stable mate. It only crashes if you start tinkering with things that we already know aren't fully functional. Yes it has it's problems, there's no denying it, but any one that has a box can see it slowly maturing. I'm convinced this box is going to be a market leader once it's fully up and running and all bugs are ironed out.

Having said that, I'd still love to have a Vu+ Duo, but it's too expensive for me and I've got no real need for the second tuner, the Vu+ Solo doesn't excite me quite as much, but IF Technomate refuse to release their Source Code then I'll more than likely be jumping ship to the next available (in my budget) truely Open Source Linux box, which will be the Vu+ Solo.

According to Satwiz, if I picked him up correctly, he said that TM would be releasing the Source once it's ready. If that happens then the Vu+ market will take a hit.

I hope the tm800/8000 will not go the same way like the duolabs QboxHD and duolabs QboxHD mini.

Works ok with latest image but if you start looking at the details ...

The only way to go forward is that other image makers give support for this box.
UR or DS , nice team & releases but still it goes to slooooow.

Yeah well, I do not have a tm800hd and I do not intend to buy one as for the tm500 lots of simple issues are not resolved yet ...(Yes I own one)

- WIdescreen bug
- Epg problems
- sync & recording problems with Cccam

Please Technomate if you read this, do something about it !
Make it more open and release source !

Hi m8s

we are talking about a box that just enterered to this scene .and i believe that they take it very easy in the beginning.It does not mean that many teams put their hands on this reciever will make it better but will give much more headaches for those who can not handle a linux reciever!Believe me new os (1.6)on DM800 hd has too many bugs (though it has been around for a years).Never seen a linux reciever that works or will work as good as ie old Nokias or echostar or Humax or Samsung ones!Linux means BUGS,and yes they became much better but you can still get Green screen on E2 after so many years(started with DM7025).Price is slightly higher than i expected but if all things start to work than ,box will be very good at its price!As we say we have eaten the cow except the tail is left!So hang on its getting closer !

regards

tbh mate I wish you would stop trolling these rooms
you got rid of yours before giving TM a chance
I hardly think you have the right to give any opinions since you don't have a box that has had at least 3/4 updates

go make yourself at home on the other forum you visit

How am i trolling the rooms i own a tm800 see below i thought i would give technomate a second chance i admit techenomate have put a lot of work in the last image but it still has a long way to go but they are heading in the right direction!

Im staying on this forum as most people are really friendly and give out really good help and advice.:bighug:

Is the dm800 a real one m8? I'll swap you.

The image is 'based' on open PLi but not recognized or supported by PLi, so no daily builds.

Hehehe i wish it was a real one mate i'm not that flush :FRIGHT:

Its a clone mate running Dream Elite 1.3.3 with that new boot loader ssl76a good thing about that is that you can install original images (nfi) then update to ssl76a and it boots and runs as an original image , althou its not working on all original images it does work on dream elite , openpli 100% (thats what i have tested and thats with using the online update fror drivers too (unpatvhed drivers)

what with the shipping + 120GB sata drive it has it cost me around the same as a TM800 , but i'm bored of it , i know its always being updated by alot of users , i'm just a Technomate man at heart , owned one since i started with sat hobby.

Anyway , seems like a few good reviews i might see if i can find a second hand one :p

Wait a month and see if the WIFI, card reader an PVR gets fixed in the new image before you part with 250 quid.

Unless all or most features are working properly, then 250 is clearly not worth spending on any box.

There are many cheaper alternatives available with most features like PVR etc already working..like the sathawk/Solomend (115 quid), Spiderbox, Dm800 clones (158 quid)...

Back