KeePass Classic Edition 1.40

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Summary:
KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).

Today you need to remember many passwords. You need a password for the Windows network logon, your e-mail account, your website's FTP password, online passwords (like website member account), etc. The list is endless. Also, you should use different passwords for each account. Because if you use only one password everywhere and someone gets this password you have a problem... A serious problem. The thief would have access to your e-mail account, website, etc. Unimaginable.

Features:
  • Strong Security
  • Multiple User Keys
  • Portable and No Installation Required
  • Export To TXT, HTML, XML and CSV Files
  • Import From Many File Formats
  • Easy Database Transfer
  • Support of Password Groups
  • Time Fields and Entry Attachments
  • Auto-Type, Global Auto-Type Hot Key and Drag&Drop
  • Intuitive and Secure Clipboard Handling
  • Searching and Sorting
  • Multi-Language Support
  • Strong Random Password Generator
  • Plugin Architecture
New Features:
  • On most Windows systems, AES-KDF is now about 3 times as fast as before.
  • Added database file information dialog that is displayed when creating a new database.
  • When double-clicking the title cell of an entry in the main entry list while holding down the Shift key, the title is now copied to the clipboard.

Improvements:

Improved default configuration file.
  • Various CHM file improvements.
  • Upgraded to Boost libraries version 1.78.0.
  • Installer: improved file overwriting.
  • Upgraded installer.
  • Various code optimizations.
  • Minor other improvements.
Downloads - KeePass

I would recommend anyone with internet uses this program. You can generate new passwords for each website, and set the difficulty accordingly. Been using this for several years now.

We use Keepass at work and it’s really good, unlike a lot of password managers it lets you store free text as well so if say you have other notes around that password like secondary pin etc.

One major downside is it does not I believe work on android or iOS and having option to use password manager across platforms is a must for me.

That said if you only use windows then this really is one of the best password managers.

used for a while & yip on Windows

We use Keepass at work and it’s really good, unlike a lot of password managers it lets you store free text as well so if say you have other notes around that password like secondary pin etc.

One major downside is it does not I believe work on android or iOS and having option to use password manager across platforms is a must for me.

That said if you only use windows then this really is one of the best password managers.
There are other programs that you can use on linux/iOS that will just use the KDBX file, as that's all it actually needs. I have macbook pro, and I use MacPass, and on my iphone i use strongbox. Those use .KDBX files, so you can use it on all OS'

It's linked from the above download page, and I've long used KeePass with Android support
'KeePassDroid - Apps on Google Play"
It's freeware, no advertising, but has the typical ugly 'open-source' GUI.

You can do synchronization with a number of tools, but if you don't fully trust KeePass you can wrap it with boxcryptor on top of cloud providers, or a DIY with 'termux+rclone'

Back