TM800HD 15/6/11 iQ Team New Image

It would be helpful to clear up confusion if people specify which download center they are referring to.

There is the TM one Download center and the one Digidude one Technomate software online. The Digidude one sometimes has images before the TM one hosts them. The TM one is 8 hours fast so they screw up the dates at times. You'd think that for a UK company, they'd keep a UK timezone.

I installed the 15/06/11 image from Technomate Software Online site yesterday, fallowed the Drs abc instructions. Watched a movie I had copied to a usb drive perfectly, was able to pause when needed no problems at all. Set up an auto record in cool epg just before I went to bed. Had a look this morning it recorded but there is only sound and a black screen. I also changed skins a few times and all worked. Hope this is the start of somthing good. I forgot to mention I used the new open port feature last night for a guy who could not get bouquets to load. It worked well and very handy as you dont have to get somone to port forward on there router. This feature would certainly save me buckets of time becuase evertime there is a transponder change my phone never stops ringing.

Last edited by a moderator:
in download section on TM it says, seems the same with as 14th image with few added bits?

Lots of good news for tm-800 owners 14-06-2011

Warning
this is beta image for testing only not finished yet.
===============================
In menu+setup+system+customize turn on fast channel Zap
this will decrease channel speed but will display last channel while video approaching

----------------------
Please Read before downloading this image if you want to be happy with total performance.

we teased and followed bellow instruction no problem at all

How to download by USB ONLY to TM-800 HD
1-Save tm-800 image in USB do not use inside folder re name like this >>> TM800_update.bin
2-Turn on from rear
3-As soon as you see starting press stand by button many times see mini root and wait
4-Wait until you See box ip in the front panel scrolling then press menu button .
it will take about 2 minutes to download about 60MB see success then take USB out. wait for re boot
==============================
5-Do full factory reset .
3-Fallow wizard and download default channel list {if hard disk or wifi leave it for after ignore at this moment }
4-Turn off from rear for one minute
5-Test all functions test all channels motor as many functions as you can when test completed 100% fully satisfied
6-Use only external USB hard disk{or seagate 2.5 inch up to 500gb tested ok }press on USB button to find hard disk and format it
7-use wifi setting {optional } .
8-If above has problem Download 14-06-2011 again by USB ..may be image was not downloaded properly or was corrupted.,
9-After full installation if you are happy no problems then you add anything from outside blue panel but do it one at
the time if problem repeat USB download again.
=================
This image has been tested by fallowing above instructions with success and No green screen or hung-up
picture-sound has been perfect in HD and Sd channels
======================
In this image 14-06-2011

Fixed >>>Fixed >>>>Fixed >>>>Fixed >>>Fixed

1-Multimedia with limited functions
2-channel change speed increased by about 50% very fast
3-navigating menus speed increased very fast
4-distance access control{openport setup }
you can setup and control tm-800 from anywhere
go to system open port {no need to use modem or pc }
access from mobile phone/Etc.
6-Total performance has been tested very fast
7-This image is totally different>> too many changes in core/ and application has to be done
for multimedia to be fixed properly
8-internal hard disk sata tested and working 100% perfect with Seagate 500GB
if you want to use other brand test first if fail use usb adopter for internal use,
9-Few external usb hard disk tested no problems
10-Limiter bug fixed in plagins in image 15-06-11

===========================
Multimedia with limited functions
1-Mp3:play/stop
===========
Movie files
1-Play/Puse/stop {No trick mode or jump files }
2-No muti audio sub titles
-------------------------
No Support for
1-ITU H264-MPEG4-AVC{PORT10}Video code
2-DTS Audio code
3-More than 2 video code
--------------------------------------
Support as bellow fully tested ok

1- File Format avi OK
2- mkv OK
3- mp4 OK
4- VOB OK
5- Video Codes XVID MPEG-4 OK
6- XVID MPEG-4 Version4 OK
7- DIVX MPEG-4 OK
8- DIVX MPEG-4 Version4(DX50) OK
9- DIVX MPEG-4 Version4 OK
10- DIV3 MS MPEG-4 Version3 OK
11- mp4v MPEG-4 OK
12- MP4.3 MS MPEG-4 OK
13- MPEG Version2 OK
14- X264-MPEG4 AVC(part 10) OK
15- H264-MPEG4 AVC(part 10) OK
-------------------------------------------------------
16- ITU H264-MPEG4 AVC(part 10) Fail
17- Audio Codec DTS Audio(dts) Fail
-----------------------------------------------------------
18- MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) OK
19- A52 Audio(aka AC3) (a52) OK
20- MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3 OK
===================================================

I have just put this on.
loaded 1st time.
default channel list is out of date so put on mine.
media player played everything I tried on it mp4, mkv, avi.
Will need to give it a longer run to check stability.

Went to put on a file I made to initialise sharing and setup my share, the old one was still there so they are still not clearing everything as it should on a flash.

Must admit it's looking promising.

I don't have a harddrive just a 16gb usb stick but recordings seem fine (only done 2 small ones).

never tried any.
give it a go, last time i tried mkv's there was no audio or if there was it was hit and miss, and more miss than hit.
don't know if any of my backups even have 5.1.
I put everything through the surround sound system and wouldn't bother checking.

I just tested it too, it does seem faster for sure, channel change is quicker menu is quicker, there are a few times when it takes time to load with the spinners in the corner, not tested multimedia, will get back once i get a chance, any ways of getting epgimport back in? and it is possible to have digidudes ppanel right?

Will test for longer period and get back to you all, but so far all seems fine, will try hdd, picons etc, play with it like crazy to see stability :)

thanks
hnj

I am using Digidudes ppanels not a bother and epg import is there.

never tried any.
give it a go, last time i tried mkv's there was no audio or if there was it was hit and miss, and more miss than hit.
don't know if any of my backups even have 5.1.
I put everything through the surround sound system and wouldn't bother checking.

MKV worked for me last time as long as they has 2.0 audio. Anything with 5.1 had no audio on the stereo downmix

just been reading a few articles on the net it's beginning to look like 3rd party boxes like the tm800hd vu+ etc ...may be a thing of the past soon with cardsharing dead in australia fs !!

There are loads of free channels.
I don't watch a lot of tv myself anyway.
The missus will be upset to miss her 3pm saturday football games but then again west ham won't be on next year as they are no longer in the premiership. I will get a card for her when they come back into the premiership again if the cs is dead.

just been reading a few articles on the net it's beginning to look like 3rd party boxes like the tm800hd vu+ etc ...may be a thing of the past soon with cardsharing dead in australia fs !!

Why m8? not everyone buys a linux receiver to connect to a card server, its card sharing servers that have killed the hobby.

ive only been home a few hours, and will have a proper play on the weekend, but, i have a Vu+ duo setup, an ORIGINAL DM800, and my TM800, and i have to say, the media player on the TM800 KICKS ASS now all these codecs have been sorted out.

While its nice to not have to pay a multiroom fee etc, if it came down to it, id have a slyHD box under my telly just for the kids, i dont watch telly anyway, so it makes no odds to me either way, but, its things like CCcam reshare etc that has brought all this attention from the providors, as well as the greed of people continually loading clients onto their servers

this is totally off subject (unusual for DW lol) and is quite a radical idea, but, what if the satellite community was 'self policing' and named and shamed all big commercial servers. The best server is a secure one, run amoungst a small gorup who all know and trust each other, 6 people @ a tenner a month each gets the full package, bargain, its very small things like this that has gone 'under the radar' for many many years. the providors knew it was happening, but it wasnt affecting their profits. but now theres servers with 1000 clients, paying ~ £20 month each, this = £60k a month lost revenue for the providor (1000 clients paying providor £60 each) and if theres 10 of these commecrial servers, thats £600k a month, and if theres 100 servers, thats £6million a month in lost revenue OF COURSE THEYRE GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT~!!!!!

the only way to be left alone, is to 'out' the scumbag commercial servers, dont pay them, create your own small one, 10 friends is £6 a month each

as long as commercial servers get paid, the providors will make things harder to work, dont pay the commercial servers, simples

The only problem with that a lot of people would miss out as they don't have the knowledge or contacts to set a private share up. I know that sounds an awful sentence to say from a moral point of view but guess something like 90% of CS clients can't afford a full setup so although there are commercial(ish) providers making a killing on the CS front, it's the small end user that misses out. I have a copy of Adobe Master Collection which I didn't pay for, but I wouldn't be able to fork up several grand to buy it legitimately anyway so is Adobe really losing a sale there? It's an age old debate, and that's coming from someone who has had published software pirated in the past.

Oh and p.s. I do have a legit Sly sub, all be it a basic one.

the majority of people reading posts and forums like this, already have everything they need to setup a small server m8

a linux receiver
broadband

when people think of servers, they imagine a rack of computers, with viewing cards sticking out of every hole, a linux geek sat in the corner and a big pile of cash to get it all setup

a £45 cloned linux receiver will act as a server perfectly for 10 connections.

the main problem has been brewing for quite a few years now, and people are cashing in on it, is that most people are too lazy to learn how to do things themselfs

all of the information is free, all of the software is free, all of the support is free

but people would rather pay someone else to do all the work, and be spoonfed their channels

Very true mate, but there's also a large proportion of users who can't even comprehend the basics like flashing the box. The thought of spending half a day learning and setting theirs up and then going and setting up friends and families boxes would scare the life out of them. It's not just idleness. I think there's also the mentallity similar to getting the ingredients and making an apple pie yourself or paying 80p down the supermarket. We're all guilty of similar conveniences so why not in this field as well. It's a shame it could ultimately lead to its own demise the same as farmers and small independant shops in the high street at the hands of the supermarkets.... doesn't stop us though :(

Guys lets get back on topic here lol... Is it just me who finds the new channel changing method really annoying and actually not that much faster if you think about it, yes I hear the audio quicker but then the previous video appears in some weird ratio before switching to correct video. Just doesnt look right to me and makes the box appear worse than it actually is. I think IQ now need to concentrate on getting the sound/video decoding right as thats what I would like to see sorted as a end user before other things. I hate to compare to other E2 boxes but my VU+ Duo has been flawless for past 3months.

Back