Tm800hd 14/6/11

thats just it mate, this box has only been out for 12 months and tm are doing the best to get the software right, dreambox has taken 20 yrs and still isnt the best, then you get the ones slagging the box to bits cos it aint 1000% working to there liking, sell ya tm and buy a dreambox like a boeing 747, 30 yrs out of date get with the times and giv tm a break

I am sure TM are doing there best, thats not really the issue here

@Mod can we have a poll on previous 3 TM800 images

and a bigger poll on all TM800 images - so we can easily see what people think is the best

Last edited:
fallow the simple A/B/C but

press USB and format your hard disk and default after format finished this way will see your hard disk
the reason can not see your hard disk because core level has changed to fix multimedia

hi rickie, i really cant see what ya going to gain on a poll, with a box that is only 12 months old, even if it was 2 yrs old, i still think they are advanced with there software everything takes time, its not like buying a tv that u just plugin and expect everthing to work straight out the box, does? anybody still use windows 98. no out of date, why cos theres always room for improvement and thats take time

fallow the simple A/B/C but

press USB and format your hard disk and default after format finished this way will see your hard disk
the reason can not see your hard disk because core level has changed to fix multimedia

If this is true and works - which I will be testing later why didn't u say earlier.

As for kingofsats I don't buy a product for it to start working 3 years down the line, maybe that us something you enjoy doing but I don't maybe it's going to be like a windows ME edition! And we all know what happened to that

You also seem to be missing the point over my requested poll, it was not a poll on which box but , which image!!

The only way I could see a problem with that would be there only being one image!

Last edited:
Good morning all happy TM800HD owners who fallowed the instructions and have a perfect image. For those of us that are to stupid to fallow the instructions get your mac address ready cause is is going to go round and round again. lol

I am late for work - lol

May I ask why does the drive have to be formatted?

As switched on this morning after 7 hours of being switched off and it has detected the drive, without the need to format

Rebooted twice and picks up both times

This is a bit similar to the first iq image where an overnight rest cured some problems

Will leave on during the day to see if sync issue comes back

Thank you for your suggestions

hi guys, i have not posted in a while since i was just enjoying the box the way it was waiting for good development before upgrading and therefore for past couple of weeks was happy and enjoyed no faults with 18/05/2011 UR but today updated to this latest iQ image 14/6/2011 and it is UNUSABLE literary.
i followed all instructions and normally i never have any problems but this is the first time its this bad, i flash the box, unplug usb, reboot, full factory reset, reboot again and then load up a channel list and reboot again.
since i was having problems , i tied using their default channel list and then afterwards changing to mine.

the channel list i use is catseyes which i find great.

the problem is the box loads up from reboot goes to the last channel and it has no sound for e.g bbc one hd. try changing channel or volume or any button and immediately get spinning cogs and frozen box.

same loop no matter how many time i reboot the box, tried flashing x2.

absolute rubbish.
going back to 18/05/2011.

any ideas what the problem is, bear in mind i do the same procedure for the last 1 yr and never have issues b4.
thanks.
p.s. feel so frustrated.

Contacted tm today 15-06-2011

Asking for any new information.
test result in tm has been same as mine very simple.
They had few phone calls and problem was fix on the phone just by advising. .
------------------
I can read few members laughing at me i really do not care
i stnad by my test as they do not fallow 100%
reading line by line
or some non owner making silly comments.
--------------------
Why is not ok for you
Please remember last 2 images had total change of core level this means
1-it will not see your hard disk { need new formate }
2-it will not work ok if is not turn off/on
3-it will not work ok if miniroot /usb is not used
4-it will not perform if wizard not followed
========================
This is the solution as below
please fallow A/B/C you will get 100% result.
1-download gain 14-06 image from download center
2-use mini root usb download
3-fallow wizard to the end use default channel list /skin
4-off/on from rear for one minute
---------------------------------------
For hard disk {PVR }
internal or usb external
1-After installation finished format hard disk
2-after format finished press usb and default the hard disk
by pressing ok and wait few seconds later it has been defaulted
3-press red button to record about 10 minutes then press stop
4-press list on the remotes do play back after few minutes play use ff/rew then stop
5-press multimedia on the remote then press ok to play use ff/rew
===================================
I have done all above test line by line working 100% if you fail to do so
then restart again.fallow line by line.
===================
if all fail and you tried all
contact TM direct and do not waste your time anymore going on and on about it
finally tm are responsible if there is problem not forums
===================
reply to galonki
my last test was.
downloaded DW image 18-05-11 tested all OK after downloaded 14-06-2011
followed line by line
my test result was all ok.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ellie, if I were u mate give the image ago but do it before u go to bed, then leave it switched of over night

As this seems to have worked twice for me now - and I have no idea why.

Dr Linux as my Sata has now been detected without formatting, can I just leave it, or do I still need to format?

Ellie, if I were u mate give the image ago but do it before u go to bed, then leave it switched of over night

As this seems to have worked twice for me now - and I have no idea why.

Dr Linux as my Sata has now been detected without formatting, can I just leave it, or do I still need to format?

Hi rickie_20, is your hdd still connected to internal sata or external usb.I have not had any issues with any image with my external wd hdd.I have not had to reformat once and have
never lost any recordings .Apart from the first few seconds of using this image i have not had any lip sync problems.

bit strange mate, and again is a bit like last week - box turned off over night , turned on this morning HDD worked without format

left on lipsync channel all day - no problem atall now

Spoke to TM today who advised on Hdd which basicly is WD drives are a bit hit and miss, seagates are fine and 100% stable - they however did offer me a solution which is why members should contact them direct with any issues they may have.

This is not in the install manual and is mine own opinion - if you are going to install follow the Dr's instructions just before bed time, then leave the box turned off at back over night.

I have no idea why and really dont see how it would make a difference, but has worked for me on both IQ images - so worth you guys trying

Probably not going to check media player tonight as there too much I want to watch on tv, may actually wait for a few more releases before I try that one

I have tried media player and dont see any difference to 31.05.11.FF and RW do not work just play/pause and stop.

I have tried media player and dont see any difference to 31.05.11.FF and RW do not work just play/pause and stop.

I didnt think the media player worked on the 31/05 so didnt bother trying.

Have to say thou watching a freeview HD channel on this box now, and the picture is better than my subbed box

DR Linux said it had been disabled but it was still playable through list and then searching for drives.

i just tried this image and its worst then the last image, ive never had problems with the internal harddrive getting detected (160gb WD) inc this image but media play back does not work hd channel volume too low channel zapping worse then before but fixed it with the help of a member on this thread and the box keeps freezing. i will take it to technomate head office tomorrow and see what am doing wrong.

try it rickies way mate, just outta curiousity ..... follow Dr instructions then leave switched off over night, then try it in the morning - mine has been a treat tonight - without using or even trying media payer

Failing that take to HQ 2morra, I am sure they will sort you out

all this take it to TM HQ ain't on fellas, not everyone is local or wants the hassle of traveling or phoning etc etc
we talk openly on DW about all makes and models of receiver good or bad

don't forget the members who live outside the UK who had to send there boxes back for Jtagging, its all there with a simple search

Not everyone can take their box to tm.

I can't tell if you have been gullible enough to have been taken in or if you have been given equipment (which is normal) but not interested in believing anything anymore.

I know that they do give out equipment as I had the owner ring me asking for his box back, he wasn't happy when I said I had paid for my box, They give away so many sweeteners they forget who they gave them to but I can tell when someone has had a freebie as their posts change in style.

Back