Tm800hd 14/6/11

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Digi contacted me and tipped me off about an image thats not even on the download center yet ;)

No write up so we have no idea as yet whats fixed

not tried by myself yet either, downloaded it and uploaded to digi's site

check it out :)

Technomate software online

Lots of good news for tm-800 owners 14-06-2011

Warning

Please Read before downloading this image if you want to be happy with total performance.
we teased and followed bellow instruction no problem at all

How to download by USB ONLY to TM-800 HD
1-Save tm-800 image in USB do not use inside folder re name like this >>> TM800_update.bin
2-Turn on from rear
3-As soon as you see starting press stand by button many times see mini root and wait
4-Wait until you See box ip in the front panel scrolling then press menu button .
it will take about 2 minutes to download about 60MB see success then take USB out. wait for re boot
==============================
5-Do full factory reset .
3-Fallow wizard and download default channel list {if hard disk or wifi leave it for after ignore at this moment }
4-Turn off from rear for one minute
5-Test all functions test all channels motor as many functions as you can when test completed 100% fully satisfied
6-Use only external USB hard disk{or seagate 2.5 inch up to 500gb tested ok }press on USB button to find hard disk and format it
7-use wifi setting {optional } .
8-If above has problem Download 14-06-2011 again by USB ..may be image was not downloaded properly or was corrupted.,
9-After full installation if you are happy no problems then you add anything from outside blue panel but do it one at
the time if problem repeat USB download again.
=================
This image has been tested by fallowing above instructions with success and No green screen or hung-up
picture-sound has been perfect in HD and Sd channels
======================
In this image 14-06-2011

Fixed >>>Fixed >>>>Fixed >>>>Fixed >>>Fixed

1-Multimedia with limited functions
2-channel change speed increased by about 50% very fast
3-navigating menus speed increased very fast
4-distance access control{openport setup }
you can setup and control tm-800 from anywhere
go to system open port {no need to use modem or pc }
access from mobile phone/Etc.
5-1080p enhanced to increase picture quality
upscale above 1080i {not tested in fast action movies}
6-Total performance has been tested very fast
7-This image is totally different>> too many changes in core/ and application has to be done
for multimedia to be fixed properly
8-internal hard disk sata tested and working 100% perfect with Seagate 500GB
if you want to use other brand test first if fail use usb adopter for internal use,
9-Few external usb hard disk tested no problems

===========================
Multimedia with limited functions
1-Mp3:play/stop
===========
Movie files
1-Play/Puse/stop {No trick mode or jump files }
2-No muti audio sub titles
-------------------------
No Support for
1-ITU H264-MPEG4-AVC{PORT10}Video code
2-DTS Audio code
3-More than 2 video code
--------------------------------------
Support as bellow fully tested ok

1- File Format avi OK
2- mkv OK
3- mp4 OK
4- VOB OK
5- Video Codes XVID MPEG-4 OK
6- XVID MPEG-4 Version4 OK
7- DIVX MPEG-4 OK
8- DIVX MPEG-4 Version4(DX50) OK
9- DIVX MPEG-4 Version4 OK
10- DIV3 MS MPEG-4 Version3 OK
11- mp4v MPEG-4 OK
12- MP4.3 MS MPEG-4 OK
13- MPEG Version2 OK
14- X264-MPEG4 AVC(part 10) OK
15- H264-MPEG4 AVC(part 10) OK
-------------------------------------------------------
16- ITU H264-MPEG4 AVC(part 10) Fail
17- Audio Codec DTS Audio(dts) Fail
-----------------------------------------------------------
18- MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) OK
19- A52 Audio(aka AC3) (a52) OK
20- MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3 OK
===================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
No "Thanks" button on site overhaul? Or is it staring me in the face somewhere :)

Still got that fooooooookin password protection on yellow button for ppanels!!!!

Last edited:
Still got that fooooooookin password protection on yellow button for ppanels!!!!

just got to hotel and online :)

im sure that can be disabled in the parental control menu m8

i wont actually get to even see this image untill friday, but my phone started going nuts at about 12:20 to let me know it was available, but as i was on the road with onlyGSM coverage,which was constantly changing, couldnt do anything

Just loaded it, cant see much difference exept HDD was not detected on 2nd boot ... rebooting now to see if it picks it up (which it is has not!!)

HD channels still low - Streaming not working - and untill it picks up my HDD cant test Media Player.

Any idea when the description will be released, because at the moment on my box this is going backwards

PS I did switch of for a minute first this time

Nope rebooted 5 times its killed my HDD

Last edited:
Have done a limited test on this image and found

Still no streaming

Media Player Enabled and playing AVI etc but buggy with more than on file in the playlist

Channel changing is a big buggy shows prev channel before showing new channel 4 secs to 5 secs with a good cline

rest of it seems stable at the moment.

Back to the Dm800 for now.

Channel changing is a big buggy shows prev channel before showing new channel 4 secs to 5 secs with a good cline

Just what "Fast Zap" used to do to me in the Neutrino images on DM500C. Used to turn it off in the end as would ALWAYS go OOS on audio.

channel changing buggy shows previous channel before moving to new one (a bit of a pain ) media player working to a degree no forward rewind pause etc .. to be honest folks i really do think the iq team is sztill the ur team with a new name !

Glad you guys can test your media player (by the sounds of things I am not missing much) - you are right about the channel change tho, goes fuzzy (breaks up) then the previous channel come back for 2 seconds b4 changing

just got to hotel and online :)

im sure that can be disabled in the parental control menu m8

i wont actually get to even see this image untill friday, but my phone started going nuts at about 12:20 to let me know it was available, but as i was on the road with onlyGSM coverage,which was constantly changing, couldnt do anything

Thanks for the tipoff Digi & Rat, I very much doubt you will be intrested in seeing the image come friday.

Unless my good friend the DR informs us there is a new way of installing this.

On the basis the only problem I had on the previous IQ was No streaming and no media player and some low HD

On this image I have the same problems (although the media player is working for some members) but my HDD dont detect anymore and channel change is rough

Misses caught me putting my TM back in divorce soon lol, I agree with most of whats been said above, media player working to some degree, I also done a factory reset not a full one and it revereted back to the wizard and I had to reload channels. Will do full one later. No streaming, zaping not great, no time shift,to early to say much about the image but somone who knows more about these image might enlighten me.

another problem back, been watching judge judy on itv2 and its all out of sync now - whats going on boys

Was on channel for 30-40 Minutes

Last edited:
Cheers Digi,

To give this a fair chance I am going to try and do it once again.

anyone like to add on some of the things that have been fixed especially the fast channel change!!!?????

report back in a bit

Followed instructions again to a "T"

And I disagree with the statment of image.

1. My internal Sata has stopped working (Was fine in previous IQ image)
2. Channel changes are not quick, they are proper rough and slow
3. Obviously no harddrive = No media player
4. Lipsync issues are back (was fine in previous image)
5. HD channels are no different volume wise than previous image

Also noticed that Full HD Mode (1080P) was really stuttery although this could be down to my TV - if someone else could test this and report back.

Does anyone disagree with anything I have listed above? or got anything to add??

Last edited:
Has the incomplete flashing/erasing process been addressed? As per posts regarding previous image, someone's receiver was looking for old files before crashing. I am afraid I don't know how to test this.

In my opinion, this has to be the first thing that has to be addressed. No matter what improvements are made, if there are landmines in the flash left over from previous images, then there will always be problems.

you can test if things are completley erased, but, im not too sure if the same flashing procedure is used for what ill describe as for whats used for flashing via USB, im also doing this from memory as ive not got access to any of my equipment untill the weekend (hotel wifi and a laptop lol)

put the memory stick into the front socket, and on the remote, press the F. button

select an image and pressOK

im sure that some form of backup process ran first, on the screen, before the actual flashing started

anotherway, is turn the receiver off and back on, after it boots to 100% it says in the display 'CHECKING KEY' while it says this, pressOK on the front of the receiver, and the display will change to an IP address, enter this into a browser and flash via the onscreen option, i think this alsosays onscreen that its backing up stuff first as well

and another way

enter miniroot, as though youre going to flash via usb, and do as above via a PC, if this says 'backing up' before flashing, then even via MINIROOT its still backing up and restoring stuff while flashing

i was interested to read that someone did a reset and it restarted the wizard though

Back