TM6900 in a spin, help

finearrow

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI guys, my TM6900HD Super has gone and got itself in a spin.
All I did was update tonight the BBC1 HD and BBC HD transponder to allow for the change of symbol rate, 3000, all went well and the updated channels downloaded OK, switched to my HD favorites and that was it, now I have no picture or audio and no response to the remote control, the front panel just toggles between standby and BBC1, it is stuck in this cycle, switching off at the rear switch makes no difference, I guess I need to perform a forced firmware update using a serial lead from my PC, only used the USB port till now but thats no longer an option.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards Finearrow

Odd, never had that problem myself. Try switching off at the back, disconnect the LNB, and switch it back on and see if you can then delete the problematic channel and start again.

Hi, already tried that but no joy, looks like I will have to do a forced flash using null modem cable, anybody know what loader and firmware to use ? , thanks for your input.

Regards Finearrow

I had this problem several times.The TM keeps on rebooting when
A : on a 'Bad' transponder, did not happen a lot
B : some sort of encryption on certain channels with active patch, happens from time to time while intensive testing/probing of channels.Mostly Viaccess.

Solution is A : to switch very fast yr channel to a new one.
B : reupload channellist By serial should solve it.

Hi guys, thanks for all your help, just a matter of me finding my null modem cable, recently moved back to UK.

osbald16, no I did not touch any other settings, simply changed the symbol rate on the
TP that BBCHD and BBC1HD uses to restore these channels, should I have changed another
setting ?, I have never seen a pilot setting on my TM 6900HD Super.

wolfje, I will give No A a try but I have no response from remote, will try the front channel buttons.

Many thanks to you all Regards Finearrow

if you go into the advanced search menu it should read as follows top to bottom.
28.2E
V
DVB-S2 QPSK
8/9
OFF
all channel
on.
if you are using a 3rd party patch I"d use this loader.

Hi guys, the TM is now back up and running, I flashed the box with latest TM
original firmware but it still displayed the re booting problem after selecting "Europe" on the "Initialising" screen, so I switched off at the rear switch and switched back on whilst holding in the menu button, I now had the option to select factory reset, I did and it worked, fixed ! installed latest TM original firmware followed by latest Phantom patch, all back to normal.

Dare I try to update the BBC1HD and BBCHD channels ?, doing this caused the problem in the first place, any advice appreciated.

Thanks very much for all your help, this really is a great forum is'nt it !

Regards Finearrow

Last edited:
if you go into the advanced search menu it should read as follows top to bottom.
28.2E
V
DVB-S2 QPSK
8/9
OFF
all channel
on.
if you are using a 3rd party patch I"d use this loader.

Many thanks, will take a look at this and save your file for future use, just in case

Regards Finearrow

Hi guys, the TM is now back up and running, I flashed the box with latest TM
original firmware but it still displayed the re booting problem after selecting "Europe" on the "Initialising" screen, so I switched off at the rear switch and switched back on whilst holding in the menu button, I now had the option to select factory reset, I did and it worked, fixed ! installed latest TM original firmware followed by latest Phantom patch, all back to normal.

Dare I try to update the BBC1HD and BBCHD channels ?, doing this caused the problem in the first place, any advice appreciated.

Thanks very much for all your help, this really is a great forum is'nt it !

Regards Finearrow

:Clap::banana:

im very happy for you at lest you save the tm at lest your injoying it again this is on of my best Forums beaocuse everybody help each other in this Forums and we always learn more things everyday m8

:Clap::banana:

im very happy for you at lest you save the tm at lest your injoying it again this is on of my best Forums beaocuse everybody help each other in this Forums and we always learn more things everyday m8

I'l second that !:banana:

Back