Tm twin Release date ?

there arnt major things wrong with the box its nearly finished and just a few minor bugs . the box in my opinion is working great and once finished will be a fnatastic box as the image is a vix image just changed by teh iq team to incorportae things they wanted in their image

Then that is excellent news for TM.

there arnt major things wrong with the box its nearly finished and just a few minor bugs . the box in my opinion is working great and once finished will be a fnatastic box as the image is a vix image just changed by teh iq team to incorportae things they wanted in their image

I must add to this, the factory image should remove some of the vix menu on final release.

These features have been added in beta, for testers to ensure everything works as it should

No doubt vix, dw and whoever else will be releasing modified images after official release that will re-implement these menu features

Hmm...really just like the TM800 image was OpenPLI source code, changed by UR/IQ/DS Team .. We all know how that went. The TM TWIN image like the TM800 image before will probably be based on the opensource code base of another teams image..with no official support from the actual teams.

Just like the TM800 was OpenPLI , with no official supoort from PLI. The TWIN is probably OpenVIX with no official support...so in effect your in the hands of UR/IQ/DS or whatever they call themselves these days. The only upside is at least it's Broadcom chipset this time...so even less work for them to do there shouldnt be driver issues etc..

The question is with the TWIN costing the same as an original DUO at 329...and a DUO clone costing around 180 - 190... Why should anybody risk it on a TWIN ... given the crap track record or all previous TM linux recievers... ??

Hmm...really just like the TM800 image was OpenPLI source code, changed by UR/IQ/DS Team .. We all know how that went. The TM TWIN image like the TM800 image before will probably be based on the opensource code base of another teams image..with no official support from the actual teams.

Just like the TM800 was OpenPLI , with no official supoort from PLI. The TWIN is probably OpenVIX with no official support...so in effect your in the hands of UR/IQ/DS or whatever they call themselves these days. The only upside is at least it's Broadcom chipset this time...so even less work for them to do there shouldnt be driver issues etc..

The question is with the TWIN costing the same as an original DUO at 329...and a DUO clone costing around 180 - 190... Why should anybody risk it on a TWIN ... given the crap track record or all previous TM linux recievers... ??

Thats why I said earlier, any people intrested in this kind of receiver, should wait for the official release, see what sort of support appears for it, and most importantly go and actually test and compare one at a local dealer.

This way the end user knows what they are investing in, and will know what to expect when they get home

No doubt vix, dw and whoever else will be releasing modified images after official release that will re-implement these menu features

has it been said that the full source will be released Rickie ? not part source like the TM800
full source so an image can be made from say Open PLi ? whats the point in DW releasing anything based on Vix when Vix themselves will Im sure will release something :)

Will DW get involved again after the last TM fiasco, or do you just mean a digidude release.
Unless DW are backing this product, it's name should not be associated with it and only the people writing that image should have their name on it.
It's not fair to associate the forum with any individual product as bias can/may be seen.

spoze we will need to see when the source is released tbh

from reading your comments it seems the Twin will succeed :) thats good news :) and I wish it well :)

has it been said that the full source will be released Rickie ? not part source like the TM800
full source so an image can be made from say Open PLi ? whats the point in DW releasing anything based on Vix when Vix themselves will Im sure will release something :)

Sorry mate, probably did not make my self clear.

Currently there is a menu that belongs to the vix team which testers use to ensure the functions are working correctly, this menu I think will be removed before public software release, even if it is only until the vix team re-implement it under there own branding.

I was not for one minute saying another team would add this, and I am sure once the source is released the people in the know we go about things there own way

Last edited:
I'd just like to say something...

@manic (and gsmtech to some extent but mainly manic) you are a real nasty shit stirring muppet. You just say enough to bait people and then pretend it's all a joke and back down. Why don't you stfu until you know what you're talking about instead of trying to drag every TM based thread down to your level for kicks!

I OWN a TM800 and therefore have earnt the right to moan about things I've experienced first hand in here instead of shitting on everything for your own agenda.

I've been asked to contribute to a closed beta programme on the twin. I've worked in development for over 15 years and have worked on numerous projects of a similar nature and there's nothing different about this one. I've had to sign lock tight NDA's in the past which is a damn sight worse than being justifiably asked not to shout it about regarding a box still in development, which is absolute normal protocol on most projects. Closed beta means just that... it's not meant to be discussed with the open world until it goes public... then say your piece instead of speculating on things. When are you going to realise that all it does is make you sound bitter that you haven't been picked for something in the playground so all you can do is bad mouth it. There is no credibility to what you say.

I resent your constant fooking snidy comments about being threatened not to mention anything untowards TM or toys will be thrown out the pram..... WTF are you talking about? I've been one of the fiercest critics on here about the TM800 farce, the way it's been/is handled and Technomate themselves, as I have during closed development, and believe me, as I will after it goes public should the need arise. I have no problem telling people directly what I think of them and Richard is fully aware of what i think of his actions. At least the guy could be forgiven for being passionate about what he does, even if he's gone about it the wrong way... what's your excuse?

The fact you have rattled off a list of names inlcuding mine shows that you're trying to tar us all with the same brush. It also shows that you're either pretending to be someone else or are sticking your nose in and can't wait to shout out confidential information. This fooking Twitter where you have to tell everone the ins and outs of everything every 10 mins of the day.

Don't tell me I'm over reacting and you're just having a bit of fun. Don't tell me I've been given a free box. Don't start posting my name about along with insinuations that we're all keeping something secret and FFS don't dare tell me that I'm talking 'Richard'

You're a shit stirring wind up merchant just about everywhere you go on here. You leave a trail if destruction behind you and seem to get some kind of kick out of it. The forum would be a much better place without you. I just wish the mods would ban you from this section so I don't have to wade through all your posts on a thread in here to see if there is actually any relevant conversation on a box I own. I'm fed up of mine and other legitimate users posts being deleted in threads you've deliberately trashed. I never thought I'd say this but you're just as big an antagoniser as DrSatRacyRichard ever has been. You've twisted a cause into something it shouldn't be.

@moderator - i'll gladly take an infraction but can you leave the post please?

Well said mate, goes well with some of your other quotes.

Originally Posted by VectorZ
Hi mate,

Did you keep a copy of the Technomate thread that was deleted the other day? If so, would you mind PM'ing me the paragraph where Richard mentioned 15th release date for the Twin please?

Cheers
Thanks mate. Fook me that guy is a tool!

Cheers
That had better be some kind of fooked up lost in translation thing otherwise you'd better get greasing your crack up ready for my TM800 to be repeatedly shoved in there until £250 comes out the other end.

A word of advice... don't start taking the piss out of people still moaning about something being broken 2 years down the line, when you still haven't fixed it. FFS! You're going to have to understand that some people saved up and spent a lot of money on the TM800 and are still feeling aggrieved, whilst waiting on your promise that it'll be fully finished once the Twin is released. They're not going to go away, and making statements like that don't help matters. Do you have an extra leg coming out of your spine that kicks you in the arse all the time?

Giving a discount (even 90%) and still expecting people to spend their hard earned cash in times like this, investing faith in your promises that it'll all be ok this time around. I'd wait until your beta testers give you 100% vote of confidence before making claims like this.

erm... and what is the point if that? I don't see what you're trying to say... if anything?

Well said mate, goes well with some of your other quotes.

Hi mate,

Did you keep a copy of the Technomate thread that was deleted the other day? If so, would you mind PM'ing me the paragraph where Richard mentioned 15th release date for the Twin please?

Cheers

And? I couldn't remember what date he'd said in here before it was pulled. That was for an argument/conversation in private with him regarding something?

Thanks mate. Fook me that guy is a tool!

Cheers

Yes, I think he is a tool. He knows that as i've said it and similar to him on several occastions. Your point?

That had better be some kind of fooked up lost in translation thing otherwise you'd better get greasing your crack up ready for my TM800 to be repeatedly shoved in there until £250 comes out the other end.

A word of advice... don't start taking the piss out of people still moaning about something being broken 2 years down the line, when you still haven't fixed it. FFS! You're going to have to understand that some people saved up and spent a lot of money on the TM800 and are still feeling aggrieved, whilst waiting on your promise that it'll be fully finished once the Twin is released. They're not going to go away, and making statements like that don't help matters. Do you have an extra leg coming out of your spine that kicks you in the arse all the time?

Giving a discount (even 90%) and still expecting people to spend their hard earned cash in times like this, investing faith in your promises that it'll all be ok this time around. I'd wait until your beta testers give you 100% vote of confidence before making claims like this.

Again, and what is wrong with that?

oh hang on a minute. Let me just go through the thread and click 'like' on all your posts... might as well get some cash out of it for the roulette wheel.

Maybe osburne82, vectorz, cuebase, sargie or dan5284 amongst others might give us more info then?

I was under the impression that you had one already yourself.
From the horses mouth he was offering you one so if you don't have it then I assume it's because you said no ?

You get bought so easy, from one extreme to the other Going to stick a stb up his backside,

I paid £250 for my TM800 when it was first released, and suffered a lot more than financially from it's performance. If 'it is dead' and they go back on finishing the image for TM800 I stand by my justified aggrievance and will act on it appropriately.

What does any of that have to do with the closed beta twin testing?

to taking a free one

I haven't been given a free box to keep. I'm also sitting up sometimes until early hours of the morning testing and reporting on it unpaid. I've been paid lots of money on old jobs to do less than that.

and standing up for him.

LMAO - only you could turn around and say I'm sticking up for him. That has genuinely made me laugh.

Anything else?

Last edited:
guys lets not argue over a satellite box :(

TM have caused enough arguing over the years

I genuinely was wondering how the development was going on, Im sure all will come to light in coming weeks when it finally gets a release :)

guys lets not argue over a satellite box :(

TM have caused enough arguing over the years

I genuinely was wondering how the development was going on, Im sure all will come to light in coming weeks when it finally gets a release :)

I'm not arguing over a STB at all. I'm arguing over a snidy comments and dragging my name in to it for his cheap kicks. As I would hope you're aware Rat, I have no problem at all with what you have posted or are inquisitive about.

Back