Tm twin Release date ?

No member should ever make the mistake of purchasing any high value item without testing in a shop fully before purchase to ensure it suits their needs.
The Twin as far as I know can only be demonstrated at TM HQ based in London, and is on display so that any interested parties can spend a bit of time playing with it.
I should also add that the twin is currently running on a beta image, which will be different to the released image and it would be unfair to comment as it would not be comparing apples with apples.

From what I know and what I have heard the machine is fully marketable in its current form, once a few adjustments have been made.

TM at the moment is refusing to issue any 100% official release date, and all the dates floating around are educated speculations.
I believe this unit could be a hit, pretty much from day one of release and I would say to any fellow member interested in purchasing this type of machine to hold fire until this unit has had its official release, and some of the “other teams” get their hands on it and customize it to its full potential.
From there you will be able to go to your local dealer and do a proper compare / test, and decide for yourselves whether or not the TM-Twin-OE is right for you.

So no hard facts or actual info on how it runs?

If your not allowed say m8 thats fine but even though I will probably never buy one I am still interested in how its progressing

From what I know and what I have heard the machine is fully marketable in its current form, once a few adjustments have been made.

I believe this unit could be a hit, pretty much from day one of release

That pretty much says it all, but I will add "Its foooking fast"

Also on the not allowed bit, this is not the case

its the fact its in "beta" days and as far as I am aware nobody has seen the full public release image yet

Last edited:
As far as "beta testers" not allowed to post progress updates goes...a more accurate description is probably... Not allowed to publically tell the the truth about what does and doesnt work.. Any negative comments even though they may be true will probably result in certain people throwing their toys out of the pram and demanding the reciever is sent back immeaditely...

As far the images still being in Beta goes... is the TM800 still officially in beta as well ?? 2 years after release....lol

Maybe osburne82, vectorz, cuebase, sargie or dan5284 amongst others might give us more info then?

sure :)
software side of things its not ready for release yet too many little things not quite right, personally i dont find it fast, iv had few problems with hdd being intialised and also epg for me is hit and miss. got some strange problems with icons appearing randomly on the display, streaming ok though
media player sometimes causes box to freeze and a reboot is required to get back up and running
but as its still in beta stage im confident the final release image will be all ok
other than that im still testing lol

cheers
osborne82

software side of things its not ready for release yet too many little things not quite right, personally i dont find it fast, iv had few problems with hdd being intialised and also epg for me is hit and miss. got some strange problems with icons appearing randomly on the display, streaming ok though
media player sometimes causes box to freeze and a reboot is required to get back up and running
but as its still in beta stage im confident the final release image will be all ok

cheers
osborne82

Thats brave mate ! careful your phone will start ringing soon with demands to edit or delete your posts ! lol.. Should be intresting to watch how this unfolds. I'd be surprised if the TWIN is better or even equal to the VU DUO though...

Thats brave mate ! careful your phone will start ringing soon with demands to edit or delete your posts ! lol.. Should be intresting to watch how this unfolds. I'd be surprised if the TWIN is better or even equal to the VU DUO though...

im not on tm books just helping with beta testing if they want the box back after my statemnet then fair do's
but i speak my mind if something aint right ill say it lol iv nothing to lose by telling the truth :)

cheers
osborne82

cheers
osborne82

Doesn't match this quote from satracer
"With the release of the highly anticipated TM-TWIN-OE receiver starting lunch date14-02-2012 ,
Remaining function to be fixed in tm-twin before 14-02-2012 is common interface {ci} live rewind-dvb subtitle that's all.if you are not bothered about these 3 functions you can order anytime otherwise wait"

But thanks for your honesty.

publicity stunts are for them at TM to deal with, i was simply asked to beta test the software/hardware and report my findings as im not paid by anyone i feel i can honestly say what i want heheh

cheers
osborne82

Doesn't match this quote from satracer
"With the release of the highly anticipated TM-TWIN-OE receiver starting lunch date14-02-2012 ,
Remaining function to be fixed in tm-twin before 14-02-2012 is common interface {ci} live rewind-dvb subtitle that's all.if you are not bothered about these 3 functions you can order anytime otherwise wait"

But thanks for your honesty.

well im testing it as well - and to be honest compared to the tm800hd its like night and day .the 800 does my box in but the twin when finished will be as good if not better than the vu + duo . the image is very close to the vix image so the guys who have a vu+ and who use the vix image will appreciate how good the vix image is . the iq team have borrowed the vix image and changed it to there liking so its very similar.all in all the box should be a big contender if the remaining bugs are ironed out which should be pretty soon
squig007

Thanks for info, now you have confirmed IQ/UR behind images as was thought watch people head for the hills.
There are still major things wrong as stated, so why satracer said only 3 things wrong and a release date of 14 feb who knows.

Thanks for info, now you have confirmed IQ/UR behind images as was thought watch people head for the hills.
There are still major things wrong as stated, so why satracer said only 3 things wrong and a release date of 14 feb who knows.

Based on Ozzys slow comment, I found out his issues were down to media player menus

Whilst his setup is different to mine, for 10 minutes you may view this video which shows media menu and speed from switching from tv to media file, switch to another media file, which personally I find fast with files located on internal HDD

IMG 0399 - YouTube

due to copyright i will erase video shortly

there arnt major things wrong with the box its nearly finished and just a few minor bugs . the box in my opinion is working great and once finished will be a fnatastic box as the image is a vix image just changed by teh iq team to incorportae things they wanted in their image

Back