TM 600 16:9 Widescreen problem

Thanks Timbo, I had read the thread (my account was disabled until today so couldn't contribute anything earlier).

Would the image dated 2nd July 09 (TM600_02-07-2009-ur.rar) be ok to test with?

How do I tell if it is ok for the remote I have? My TM600 has two scarts if that helps.

Tony.

Tony,

That image will be fine to "downgrade" to. The remote will work just fine.

Load it, reboot your box and watch the widescreen problem disappear.

Then you'll want to reload a newer UR image as you'll start to see functions you are used to now, are not available on the earlier image :)

You are quite right. The picture was the correct size on that July 09 image.

Tony.

I've tried a text search through all the files to see if it was something that could be configured, but it looks like the settings are in the enigma executable itself.

Tony.

correct, the problem will lie in compiled code of the image.

If we had access to the code then we could probably have a go at fixing it ourselves - I am sure the issue will be glaringly obvious if looking for it - especially as there is a perfectly good image to compare against.

Do you notice the spelling / typo error when changing screen formats from 4:3 to 16:9? Wonder if someone's cat walked across the keyboard at the time the code was open on their PC as it says something like "16:9 panocsan" instead of panscan????

Yup, there is Typ error in that panoscan :) LOL !

Anyway, UR team, Could you please do something about it ? Have you noticed how much people are having this problem ??? This is not an isolated 'Thread' :)

Keep up the good work, w'll keep our fingers crossed

Hav you noticed that the problem emerged AFTER this image 18/07/09 ????
So it used to work guys !!!

I didn't notice the typo myself.

I thought enigma was open source. If so, shouldn't we be able to get at the source code?

I'd be more than willing to take a look (if I only knew where to get the code from, and compile on a windows machine).

Tony.

Back